Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BETA 1.06.27 Retreat/rout bug (display?)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> BETA 1.06.27 Retreat/rout bug (display?) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BETA 1.06.27 Retreat/rout bug (display?) - 2/22/2013 8:39:39 AM   
Cannonfodder

Server game: Cannonfodder Axis vs Seminole Soviets

I have attacked the same cavalry division (5th) 4 times. First time it was called a retreat, 2nd time a rout (but the unit retreated) 3rd time a rout (but the unit retreated) and 4th time finally it routed.

Screenshot attached.

Attachment (1)

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

Post #: 1
RE: BETA 1.06.27 Retreat/rout bug (display?) - 2/22/2013 10:42:03 AM   
elmo3

Is the save from the previous Soviet turn still available as the backup file or has the game moved past that now? Nothing we can do without the save from the previous turn.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to Cannonfodder)
Post #: 2
RE: BETA 1.06.27 Retreat/rout bug (display?) - 2/22/2013 11:45:16 AM   
Blubel

Was there an already routed unit in the same hex of the attacks, when it said "routed"? I'm sure I have seen the combat report report routed before, when this was the case. I assumed it was a display mistake.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 3
RE: BETA 1.06.27 Retreat/rout bug (display?) - 2/22/2013 11:51:07 AM   
Cannonfodder

Elmo, I just completed the axis turn, Not sure if you can download the previous game from the server.

Blubel, I think there was in at least one of the cases, not sure about the 3rd attack. Could be just a display thing but I would like to get it confirmed if possible :-)

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”

(in reply to Blubel)
Post #: 4
RE: BETA 1.06.27 Retreat/rout bug (display?) - 2/22/2013 2:55:55 PM   
Seminole

My cossacks only appear to be running away in disgrace. In reality they are rallying for another heroic defense of the Steppe! Maskirovka, nothing more!

Post #: 5
RE: BETA 1.06.27 Retreat/rout bug (display?) - 2/22/2013 3:11:44 PM   
821Bobo

I have noticed this too. If you attack unit and on the same hex is also routed unit, combat report displays the result as routed although it is only retreat.

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 6
RE: BETA 1.06.27 Retreat/rout bug (display?) - 2/22/2013 4:02:21 PM   
elmo3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder

Elmo, I just completed the axis turn, Not sure if you can download the previous game from the server.

I got the saves but the backup is at the end of your turn after the attacks have already been made. I think we needed to get the saves before you ended your turn. Sorry. If you see it again please pause the game until I can grab the saves. Thanks.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

Post #: 7
RE: BETA 1.06.27 Retreat/rout bug (display?) - 2/22/2013 4:19:24 PM   
Cannonfodder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Seminole

My cossacks only appear to be running away in disgrace. In reality they are rallying for another heroic defense of the Steppe! Maskirovka, nothing more!

So they actually defend all those miles of nothing? Whyyyyy...

@ Elmo, ok, next time I'll hold the game. Can I just save it normally (without ending turn) to keep the files?

< Message edited by Cannonfodder -- 2/22/2013 4:21:31 PM >

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 8
RE: BETA 1.06.27 Retreat/rout bug (display?) - 2/22/2013 6:05:25 PM   
elmo3

Not sure but I think so.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> BETA 1.06.27 Retreat/rout bug (display?) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI