Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Eddys riposte

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Eddys riposte Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Eddys riposte - 2/21/2013 10:53:10 PM   
wodin

Anyway played this yet as Allies? Just checking the lay of the land and it seems most of your troops are worn out apart from the 10th Inf Reg...SO am I supposed to attack the three OBJ's open with the 10th Inf Regiment (the only full strength..ish unit but high fatigue) then wait for the 5th ID to turn up and send away they 4th? Or am I supposed to use the battered 4th and 10th AD aswell as the 10th Inf to attack until the 5th ID turns up?

It's 6am and foggy and the 10th Inf reg is fatigued..should I just rest them first and defend until they are fit to go? Apart form the initla three ObJ's the rest don't come live until day 3..so I presume the whole thing will be slow going.

Any ideas will help..these high unit scenarios get me confused at the start.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

Post #: 1
RE: Eddys riposte - 2/21/2013 11:40:36 PM   
Arjuna

Why don't you just try each of those options and report back here with what works. Go on have a go. You know you want to!

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Eddys riposte - 2/21/2013 11:45:18 PM   
wodin

Will do Dave :)..I'm abit perplexed about the formation footprint problem I mentioned in the feedback thread. It seems to cycle ones thta aren't appropriate..try it set a move order then start cycling the formations and watch the footprint.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: Eddys riposte - 2/22/2013 12:13:30 AM   
Arjuna

As I mentioned in the other thread it's a UI bug that only occurs while the game is paused. It fails to update the bounding box till the next time you change a setting control and then it updates for the existing value not the new one. So you are always one formation type behind. We will have to fix this.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 4
RE: Eddys riposte - 2/22/2013 12:17:40 AM   
wodin

Cool..thanks mate.

Edit: Might have to leave it as the issue with not being able to set different formations and ROF,Losses,Agro at different waypoints is a pain.

< Message edited by wodin -- 2/22/2013 3:06:49 AM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 5
RE: Eddys riposte - 2/23/2013 3:46:30 PM   
vandorenp

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin
It's 6am and foggy and the 10th Inf reg is fatigued..should I just rest them first and defend until they are fit to go? Apart form the initial three ObJ's the rest don't come live until day 3..so I presume the whole thing will be slow going.

Any ideas will help..these high unit scenarios get me confused at the start.

It's been a long time since I put this scenario to bed. I recall a play tester playing two ways. One, same as historical Americans closing up to the river line in all places and the other breaking across the river. He succeeded at both. But you are not likely to achieve both.

The situation for the US is historical. The commanders had the same reaction as you. Patton gave them no choice. He wanted the Germans to feel the pressure everywhere and make it impossible for a fire brigade to stem the tide. Nevertheless you are in command here. You can wait but then have to make up for lost time/VP. So whats the difference? Attack and suffer the losses and be no better off than if you had waited or wait and have a stronger attack? Remember the Germans are in poor shape themselves.

In this scenario you have ahistorically optional objectives for the 10th RCT. That's really the what if part.

Keydet

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 6
RE: Eddys riposte - 2/23/2013 5:47:36 PM   
wodin

I have to withdraw the 4th ID aswell..which is alot of points..but if I loose to many I could be missing out. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the advice.

(in reply to vandorenp)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Eddys riposte Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI