Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wow....now that was fun...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Wow....now that was fun... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wow....now that was fun... - 2/21/2013 3:39:52 PM   
GBS

Thanks for this patch Dave... I played Hofen and got a total victory. I took the four main objectives but not until the last 6 hours. I don't remember seeing a unit of mine rout though I'm sure someone did (maybe not). Lots of retreating as one would expect because it is reasonable. They don't retreat too far, just far enough to gather themselves and then reengage. Close combat works just as it should as well and casualties and their effect are just right in my view.
I think I also need to thank Wodin and phoenix as well for their consistent,proactive feedback to Dave. This is like having a whole new game that is finally getting to to be the game we all could see it being. I can now play all the scenarios again.

Very, Very pleased.

< Message edited by GBS -- 2/21/2013 3:40:38 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Wow....now that was fun... - 2/21/2013 6:26:06 PM   
dazkaz15

quote:

ORIGINAL: GBS

Thanks for this patch Dave... I played Hofen and got a total victory. I took the four main objectives but not until the last 6 hours. I don't remember seeing a unit of mine rout though I'm sure someone did (maybe not). Lots of retreating as one would expect because it is reasonable. They don't retreat too far, just far enough to gather themselves and then reengage. Close combat works just as it should as well and casualties and their effect are just right in my view.
I think I also need to thank Wodin and phoenix as well for their consistent,proactive feedback to Dave. This is like having a whole new game that is finally getting to to be the game we all could see it being. I can now play all the scenarios again.

Very, Very pleased.

I agree with you 100% GBS.

Not had much time to play yet but it feels good/right just as you say

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 2
RE: Wow....now that was fun... - 2/21/2013 7:46:37 PM   
oldspec4

Sounds like excellent patch progress..about time for me to jump back into the game.

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 3
RE: Wow....now that was fun... - 2/21/2013 9:30:56 PM   
wodin

Thanks GBS...though the credit belongs to Dave and Panther team.

Though most of my attention is directed at another game trying to whip it into shape and fullfill it's potential I do love CO and think Panther do a superb job and really compared to the other game I mentioned my input is very limited. Still thanks again GBS..nice to get some positive comments coming my way even if really the credit belongs to someone else. Cheers mate.

Also yes big thanks to Dave and the team..superb job. Things are coming together nicely for the east front game and Bils LOTB.

I haven't tried it out myself yet..but the retreating and not routing as often sounds like very good news indeed. If that seems right to everyone now it looks like finally a bug bear thats been around for awhile as Dave tries to hit the sweet spot has finally been kicked to touch.

< Message edited by wodin -- 2/21/2013 10:12:04 PM >

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 4
RE: Wow....now that was fun... - 2/22/2013 9:20:16 AM   
phoenix

It does seem pretty solid now, Dave. Great job, as ever. It's amazing - from the little I've tried it so far since 257 - what a difference the combat tweaks make. I'm keen to hear from Rockin Harry, see if he's tested it in detail, but, for me, it really does, as GBS said, seem to make a difference now in that close combat looks like it should.

Those footprint boxes need tweaking though. It's as others have said - to get them to work you have to click twice on the task icon, and on the facing dial. I can put up with it easily. It's not crucial, assuming it works in the end, which it seems to. One consequence seems to be that if you leave the settings at auto then the default task box for Move and Defend (and maybe others) is a thin rectangle, instead of a square. Not sure if this matters though.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Wow....now that was fun... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI