Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 12:10:29 AM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin
Joe since start and end times where brought in and the end time is now a rough approx of when the assault should finish rather than the end of game I've noticed the slip thing alot more. I've always found the start and end settings tricky to deal with and have ignored them up until now..I know it would be great to time attacks etc..but with command delays etc I can never work out anyway when one should move out compared to say another battalion...it's the one aspect of the game I really can't get to grips with.

Are you talking about the Start time or the Assault At time?

If it's the Assault At time then perhaps we need to add smarts such that it works out the best start at time and seeds that as soon as you uncheck the Auto box next to the control. That way you have a better chance of setting a realistic value. This however, requires a route calc and would be using the attack subject of the force, which in most cases will not be the actual assault subject. So at best it would be an estimate.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 31
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 12:19:00 AM   
wodin

Sorry yes the Assault at..sounds good. No biggy really but I'm not sure what effect the slippage has on the units or it's just informing you it's gone past the time..anyway I need to practice the timings as I said it's something I've never messed with really, but I expect when you master it it's a great help.

< Message edited by wodin -- 2/22/2013 12:20:29 AM >

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 32
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 12:33:25 AM   
wodin

I'm also finding it difficult to get formations and different losees etc to stick at different waypoints..soemtimes it chnages all of them to the same..then I cna click back and suddenly it has changed the formation that I set for the last waypoint but it appears on the waypoint before even though when I checked previously it was set as line formation. I'm setting three waypoints..firest one is line formation normal for other settings..the next waypoint I kept line formation and ticked attacks and set high losees and the final waypoint attacks ticked I wanted Arrowhead formation high aggro and high losses..but it kept reverting to the previous wyapoint settings..and then I checked the first waypoint which was Ok then checked the second waypoint and it suddenly had arrowhead formation..which I never set I set that formation for the final..anyway it's all abit confusing I will send a save.

I suppose what i'm saying is it changes all previous waypoints to whatever you used for the last waypoint..or it wont register the last waypoint if it was different as if you go back and check it again may have chnaged to previous waypoint setting. I also let the game run and it made no difference.

Save sent.

< Message edited by wodin -- 2/22/2013 12:40:11 AM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 33
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 1:42:48 AM   
Lieste

quote:

ORIGINAL: dazkaz15

This is one minute after another of many supply events to this unit.

The nearby depot is showing Ammo161/426

Clearly there is something wrong here?

I think what is wrong is that you are attempting to resupply with the footprint overlapping with an enemy unit... I'd expect it to be prudent to break close contact (and ideally be out of sight) before messing around with ammunition and softskins? No?

If it is in cover and out of direct contact (and ideally) sight of the enemy do supplies get through?

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 34
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 1:43:23 AM   
navwarcol

I am getting the "Assault at" to work, only if the game is not paused when issuing the command also.. Once knowing this, it is pretty easy to schedule the assault.
A lot of the issues are pretty mild it seems from reading, and most seem to affect only when paused. I can run on the slowest speed, which is not much faster than pause, and they work fine, then bump the speed back up after orders.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 35
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 3:51:43 AM   
Arjuna

quote:

I'm also finding it difficult to get formations and different losees etc to stick at different waypoints..soemtimes it chnages all of them to the same..then I cna click back and suddenly it has changed the formation that I set for the last waypoint but it appears on the waypoint before even though when I checked previously it was set as line formation. I'm setting three waypoints..firest one is line formation normal for other settings..the next waypoint I kept line formation and ticked attacks and set high losees and the final waypoint attacks ticked I wanted Arrowhead formation high aggro and high losses..but it kept reverting to the previous wyapoint settings..and then I checked the first waypoint which was Ok then checked the second waypoint and it suddenly had arrowhead formation..which I never set I set that formation for the final..anyway it's all abit confusing I will send a save.

I suppose what i'm saying is it changes all previous waypoints to whatever you used for the last waypoint..or it wont register the last waypoint if it was different as if you go back and check it again may have chnaged to previous waypoint setting. I also let the game run and it made no difference.

Save sent.

wodin,

The way the orders work and have worked since RDOA days is that if you set say three waupoints for a Move order then they all share the same settings. You cannot set different formation types for different legs of tyhe journey. Sorry that's as designed. So it doesn't matter what waypoint you select the setting applies to them all. Is that clear enough?

It sounds like what your after would be sequential tasks. Then you could apply different formation types to each task in the sequence. But that's a feature for the future.

< Message edited by Arjuna -- 2/22/2013 3:52:27 AM >

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 36
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 6:08:50 AM   
dazkaz15

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

As I ran thru the tutorial, I noticed "slippage" messages informing me that certains units have "slipped" -- I'm then presented with the duration of the slip in a 00:00:00 format that I assume stands for days-hours-minutes, with all of my slips in the latter.

From the old HttR manual, I see that "slip" and "crib" refers to reassessments of timings for certain tasks (as it relates to the end date of the scenario?), but I'm not sure exactly what slip and crib means in the game.

Also, re the numerical autosaves, is the autosave with the highest number the last autosave?

The auto saves cycle through the numbers so the best way of finding the latest is to sort the date/time colomb and pick the most recent.

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 37
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 6:21:59 AM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

As I ran thru the tutorial, I noticed "slippage" messages informing me that certains units have "slipped" -- I'm then presented with the duration of the slip in a 00:00:00 format that I assume stands for days-hours-minutes, with all of my slips in the latter.

From the old HttR manual, I see that "slip" and "crib" refers to reassessments of timings for certain tasks (as it relates to the end date of the scenario?), but I'm not sure exactly what slip and crib means in the game.

Also, re the numerical autosaves, is the autosave with the highest number the last autosave?

Slip and crib still refer to adkustments in time. A slip means the time has moved further out and crib means it been moved closer in. Tasks can be slipped and cribbed for a variety of reasons. Often when a subordinate gets a plan a nd determines its likely duration and this turns out to be longer than the boss had estimated, then the subordinate requests more time. If its granted the task slips. Similarly if a subordinate finishes a task early and there is no impediment to starting the next tasks then the boss may crib the times and bring the next task(s) forward. In some cases this may only a few minutes.

Does that help explain it?

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 38
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 9:05:49 AM   
wodin

Dave,

I apologise..big time. I presumed after reading a post further up that you could do that at some point I miss read it. I've never tried to give different formations per waypoint before but wanted to try putting a unit in road column then changing it to arrowhead.

I trying move order with attack box ticked as others seem to use it alot which led me to mess around with formations..where normally I just give an FUP and and assault order or even an assault order with no FUP so thats why I've never really tried to give different formations before.

You'd think owning RDOA HTTR and BFTB I'd have known this by now though I am very rusty as I have only played one scenario in well over a year.

Again sorry Dave. Sometimes I feel like I've been told off by a teacher...hope I haven't upset you, just abit confused.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

quote:

Save sent.

wodin,

The way the orders work and have worked since RDOA days is that if you set say three waupoints for a Move order then they all share the same settings. You cannot set different formation types for different legs of tyhe journey. Sorry that's as designed. So it doesn't matter what waypoint you select the setting applies to them all. Is that clear enough?

It sounds like what your after would be sequential tasks. Then you could apply different formation types to each task in the sequence. But that's a feature for the future.

< Message edited by wodin -- 2/22/2013 9:08:39 AM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 39
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 9:27:16 AM   
phoenix

Glad the prob with giving proper orders on pause will be fixed, Dave, as being able to do that is ESSENTIAL in the bigger scenarios, at least on my system (which is good), when there is often a big lag if you try giving orders with the game running even on slowest speeds - such that it sometimes just freezes up for a while, and - if you then give too many orders - crashes! Need to be able to pause it to give orders in the big pieces.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 40
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 10:36:34 AM   
Bletchley_Geek

quote:

ORIGINAL: phoenix
Glad the prob with giving proper orders on pause will be fixed, Dave, as being able to do that is ESSENTIAL in the bigger scenarios, at least on my system (which is good), when there is often a big lag if you try giving orders with the game running even on slowest speeds - such that it sometimes just freezes up for a while, and - if you then give too many orders - crashes! Need to be able to pause it to give orders in the big pieces.

What are the specs of your rig Phoenix?

Nullius in Verba since February 2013 - http://panthergames.com
-----
Life in the Internets: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mvorkosigan
----
I'm a real person as well: http://au.linkedin.com/in/miguelramirezjavega

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 41
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 10:53:57 AM   
phoenix

It's nothing special, just a Dell studio XPS, i5 at 3.2Ghz, 1TB memory, 8GB Ram, gforce GTX 460 4GB. It's not good enough to really run high-end graphics intensive games (not on full settings) - though I don't play them. It runs Fritz 12 very well. It's a 2 core processor (divided, I think into 4 'virtual' cores) though I guess Command Ops only uses 1 core, not sure. From the Meuse to the Rhine often staggers along on it, but I guess it's still normally - on slowest setting - about 4 minutes of game time every minute of real time, slowing down to 2 minutes game time every minute when XXX Corps arrive, or other events that require a lot of crunching at once. Sometimes it stops for 4 or 5 seconds whilst it's working at the numbers, I assume. This only happens with the huge maps, huge scenarios.

< Message edited by phoenix -- 2/22/2013 12:14:10 PM >

(in reply to Bletchley_Geek)
Post #: 42
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 11:34:03 AM   
wodin

Blimey I thought you had 1TB of memory..then I realised you mean hard drive space..

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 43
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 11:51:21 AM   
dazkaz15

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lieste

quote:

ORIGINAL: dazkaz15

This is one minute after another of many supply events to this unit.

The nearby depot is showing Ammo161/426

Clearly there is something wrong here?

I think what is wrong is that you are attempting to resupply with the footprint overlapping with an enemy unit... I'd expect it to be prudent to break close contact (and ideally be out of sight) before messing around with ammunition and softskins? No?

If it is in cover and out of direct contact (and ideally) sight of the enemy do supplies get through?

No, not always I'm afraid.

As you can see the unit is getting lots of supply events, but hardly any ammo is coming through, and there is no threat indicator, and no reports of contact between supply on its way, and supply received?

[image][/image]

I'm finding supply to be a real issue in this patch. I never really noticed having problems with it before.

Previously from what I remember, if there was a Resupply Arrived event you got topped up with ammo.

If it was interdicted in any way it gave a warning of the % loss in yellow writing in the message tab.

< Message edited by dazkaz15 -- 2/22/2013 11:58:38 AM >

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 44
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 12:03:52 PM   
phoenix

Does it ever get topped up with anything after the resupply arrived messages?

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 45
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 12:04:11 PM   
wodin

Your units are still in range of the enemy units..maybe that makes a difference though it's telling you the supply got there rather than a message on how much got shot up?

Just thought on..how many trucks does your supply consist of? Maybe you don't have enough trucks to send out full supply to everyone.

Yep seen the problem you only have three trucks to send out all the supply to the units so obviously there isn't enough capacity to refill all supply. You've got 19 units drawing and only three vehicles to carry it all. So it can only stock up a little at a time.

< Message edited by wodin -- 2/22/2013 12:06:55 PM >

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 46
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 12:24:29 PM   
dazkaz15

Here is a pathing issue I come accross.

Not sure if it would have happened before or its a new patch problem?

Route selected was shortest.

The green line between the last waypoint, and the end move waypoint, is the tool helper for motorised transport, with shortest route selected.

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 47
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 12:51:41 PM   
dazkaz15

quote:

Your units are still in range of the enemy units..maybe that makes a difference though it's telling you the supply got there rather than a message on how much got shot up?

Just thought on..how many trucks does your supply consist of? Maybe you don't have enough trucks to send out full supply to everyone.

Yep seen the problem you only have three trucks to send out all the supply to the units so obviously there isn't enough capacity to refill all supply. You've got 19 units drawing and only three vehicles to carry it all. So it can only stock up a little at a time.

Wodin the Capacity Payload is 7/62 that means there is loads more assets to hand to supply the units or am I reading it wrong?

I thought 7/62 means that I have a load of 7 on my supply chain at present, but I have 62 units spare and unused.

This is also represented by the blue bar that empties as your supply chain gets overloaded.

In other words loads of trucks/men stood idle, where they should be carrying supplies to the units in need?

< Message edited by dazkaz15 -- 2/22/2013 12:52:16 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 48
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 12:56:19 PM   
Arjuna

dazkas15,

I will need a save taken before the supply runs go through, so I can step through and find out what's happening.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 49
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 1:18:57 PM   
phoenix

How many trucks in the supplying base, dazkaz. I believe you get this by totting up the number in transport columns (3, I see from your pic) and the number in the E&S tab for the base. If there are only 3 then you might be struggling (they're probs only jeeps).

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 50
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 1:25:16 PM   
wodin

dazkaz..hmm yeah think your right..I'd do as Mr P says and just check your supply ES see how many trucks you have. I was getting confused yet again seeing three vehicles in yiur screenshot.

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 51
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 1:32:25 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL:
If it's the Assault At time then perhaps we need to add smarts such that it works out the best start at time and seeds that as soon as you uncheck the Auto box next to the control ...

Is the Auto Box a new feature?
The only other auto feature I recall is auto facing.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 52
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 1:56:57 PM   
dazkaz15

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

dazkas15,

I will need a save taken before the supply runs go through, so I can step through and find out what's happening.

I have a save at D3 0002 for you Dave, but not sure how to send it to you?

The following image is taken after running from that save.

As you can see there is a tiny bit of supply, beans mostly comming through, but not the inportant stuff like ammo

< Message edited by dazkaz15 -- 2/22/2013 2:07:45 PM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 53
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 2:19:01 PM   
CriticalMass

dazkaz15,

attach your save to a message in this thread.

TANX

I decided to ignore my orders and to take command at the front with my own hands as soon as possible
- Lieutenant General Erwin Rommel

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 54
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 2:28:38 PM   
dazkaz15

There is another unit to the south with the same issue

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 55
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 2:38:24 PM   
dazkaz15

quote:

ORIGINAL: CriticalMass

dazkaz15,

attach your save to a message in this thread.

TANX

Can you tell me how to do that please?
I checked the FAQ thread, and there is only info on how to upload pictures?

(in reply to CriticalMass)
Post #: 56
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 2:43:40 PM   
phoenix

Dave usually wants you to send the save to support@panthergames.com with a message explaining what it refers to.

That's where all my saves have ever gone to.

< Message edited by phoenix -- 2/22/2013 2:48:40 PM >

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 57
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 3:04:56 PM   
dazkaz15

quote:

ORIGINAL: phoenix

Dave usually wants you to send the save to support@panthergames.com with a message explaining what it refers to.

That's where all my saves have ever gone to.

Just sent it via the Email thanks phoenix

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 58
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 3:15:14 PM   
dazkaz15

I've also had three crash to Desktop.

They have something to do with issuing new orders, but I still can't pin down what exactly it is as it seams random ish.

I have the saves renamed before each, one but not managed to replicate it yet as not really put the time in to do so, as more interested in other things at the moment

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 59
RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback - 2/22/2013 3:20:16 PM   
jimcarravallah

Navwarcol >>

I'm with you.

I haven't noted any show stoppers, and pretty much see that what was supposed to be corrected in the 257 beta release has been addressed.

I fully understand customer support, but I note that while customers are asking for an East Front game in one thread they're asking for help with mechanics already described in the game documentation in another.

And, I note Arjuna is trying to do address software quality assurance analysis, customer support, and work on an East Front game perhaps grateful that Australia is a half-world away from most of his customer base, allowing him to be productive while the customers sleep.

I used to do software logistics for combat vehicles, and there always came a time when the upgraded software had to be released because it was significantly more effective than what the troops had, even though it contained a couple of warts that required minor workarounds.

The criteria for quality assurance was it can't kill someone because of a safety defect, had to allow the troops to shoot, move and / or communicate better than the last release, and was of significant enough improvement to accept the cost of the update despite the minor warts that didn't affect the earlier criteria.

Take care,

jim

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> RE: Build 4.4.257 Feedback Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI