Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How hard will it be to mod the game to add in new launchers/spacecraft?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> How hard will it be to mod the game to add in new launchers/spacecraft? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How hard will it be to mod the game to add in new launc... - 2/20/2013 4:51:14 AM   
RyanCrierie

By that, I don't mean massively changing each "episode" to do something totally different; but adding new types of launchers and spacecraft to that episode.

There were a lot of proposed Saturn variants such as:

Saturn IB/Centaur

Had a Centaur (called the S-V) as a third stage. Basically a Titan IIIE but years earlier.

(L to R)

INT-17: S-IVB and S-II (with HG-3s replacing J-2s)
INT-18: S-IVB and S-II (with 2 to 4 Titan III SRBs)
INT-19: S-IVB and S-II (with 4 to 12 Minuteman ICBM first stages)

INT-20: S-IVB and S-IC (4 and 3 engined version) -- intended as a replacement for Saturn IB to achieve commonality in production.

INT-21: S-II and S-IC. Never flown, but a related variant was used for Skylab.

My Website with cool bits and pieces!
Post #: 1
RE: How hard will it be to mod the game to add in new l... - 2/20/2013 9:39:10 PM   
Nacho84

We took the decision early during the development to not make the game moddable. The main reason being that the game features hundreds of renders to illustrate the progress of the missions and we want those renders to depict the exact components being used. That being said, part I of the game includes lots of historical and planned rockets such as the Jupiter-C, Redstone, Juno II, Atlas, Thor-Able, Atlas-Agena, Titan II, Saturn I, Titan IIIC, Saturn IB, Saturn C-3 and a few more!

(in reply to RyanCrierie)
Post #: 2
RE: How hard will it be to mod the game to add in new l... - 3/30/2013 6:19:30 PM   
czert2

since last part of game is set in future,will we see something like this ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo

(in reply to Nacho84)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> How hard will it be to mod the game to add in new launchers/spacecraft? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI