Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

a little question for anybody who uses the editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Mods and Scenarios >> a little question for anybody who uses the editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
a little question for anybody who uses the editor - 2/19/2013 10:14:24 PM   
Grognerd

Have been tweaking the game a little here and there. (learning the editor a bit)
I added some points to some of the better leaders so they can perform more actions instead of once or twice a week.

I'm using Von Melinthin's book Panzer Battles to mirror the amount of actions Rommel and Von Arnim were performing in the desert war. Basically they were all over the place until they & their staff were exhausted.

Does readiness of the Corp Command deteriorate with the leaders point expenditures? Is there a way to edit to make this occur? Trying to simulate fatigue in the leadership/staff as the limiting factor of performing actions instead of the amount of points per turn.
Post #: 1
RE: a little question for anybody who uses the editor - 2/22/2013 4:05:41 AM   
The Red Baron

Currently, a corps HQ's readiness would only deteriorate due to movement, combat or supply restriction. I haven't seen this question posed before in the forum, so it's best answered by Vic.

(in reply to Grognerd)
Post #: 2
RE: a little question for anybody who uses the editor - 2/22/2013 5:41:44 AM   
LiquidSky

I'm not sure readiness would actually affect the HQ's ability to command. It would probably only affect its ability to defend/attack.

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.

(in reply to The Red Baron)
Post #: 3
RE: a little question for anybody who uses the editor - 2/23/2013 2:09:35 PM   
Grognerd

Yeah, it's kinda a goofy question but I thought maybe someone else may have been looking at the editor and stumbled across something.

Why I ask, this is probably the first that I have run across that might be able to simulate the actual differences in fighting doctrine. Germans - advanced radio nets, good leader ship and training. Russians - no radio nets, echeloned attacks, no ability for units once committed to be terribly flexible. But quantity tended to win out any way.
Most wargames simulate the differences just by giving better numbers on the units, when in fact it's in the leadership, training and the radio flexibility. (Anyone remember Victory games Panzer Commander, did this real well). A good example is 11th Panzer's week long defense of the Chir river line shortly after the 6th army was surrounded. In a week the 11th Pz destroyed a Russian tank corps equivalent but had to withdraw due to exhaustion and Russian unending reserves. I really like this game because it comes so close. (hopefully just a little tweak here and there)

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Mods and Scenarios >> a little question for anybody who uses the editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI