Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bad download, or significant changes?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Bad download, or significant changes? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bad download, or significant changes? - 2/19/2013 12:37:47 AM   
Quixote

I was having problems with my editor recently, so I contacted Matrix and re-downloaded the game. I left my old game in place (everything works but the editor), and put the new download into a separate folder. The idea was to use one installation for PBEM, and the other for tinkering with the editor and for running sandbox tests. The new install seems to have worked - the game runs like it's supposed to. Both installations are patched up to one of the latest betas (1.7.11.23d) and should be the same. My problem is that they are not. In the latest download, I have access to only 6 scenarios, not the full spread. In the latest download, garrison requirements in China and elsewhere are either different or are missing completely, and starting ground force TOEs don't seem to be exactly the same either. I double checked (triple checked, actually) that I loaded the same scenario (1) for both games and that I am comparing apples to aples. Not sure quite what to make of this - I've run several turns with the new download and it otherwise behaves like it's supposed to. My question is, did I perhaps get an old or defective copy when I re-downloaded, or have a lot of things changed within the scenarios themselves over the past two years - meaning the new download is actually correct?

The screenshot below is from Dec 7, 1942 in both installs...

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Bad download, or significant changes? - 2/19/2013 2:47:00 AM   
Alfred

There have been very significant changes introduced in the various patches. These are well documented in the accompanying readme docs.

It seems very much like you have downloaded the original, unpatched game.

The original came only with 6 official scenarios. Patch #1 introduced scenarios 7-10. Other additional scenarios have been introduced over time.

Patch #2 upped the garrison requirements for both the Allies and Japan in China.

That both screenshots display the "stockpiling" toggle merely confirms you are using beta 7 which is an .exe upgrade, not a database upgrade. Those only appear in an official patch.

Alfred

(in reply to Quixote)
Post #: 2
RE: Bad download, or significant changes? - 2/19/2013 3:02:21 AM   
wdolson

One of the early patches did a lot of data changes. It looks like that isn't installed.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
RE: Bad download, or significant changes? - 2/19/2013 3:18:01 AM   
Quixote

Alfred and Bill - thank you. Apparently my patch didn't patch what (or where) I wanted it to the last time around.

I just did another install from scratch, patched to 1108r9 and then to beta, and this one looks like what I'm used to. Appreciate the help gentlemen!!

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Bad download, or significant changes? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI