Richard Briers RIP

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

warspite1

Richard Briers RIP

Post by warspite1 »

One of our most loveable actors died today...

Thanks for the laughs Richard Briers (The Good Life in particular) [&o]

Attachments
Briers.jpg
Briers.jpg (5.69 KiB) Viewed 97 times
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
parusski

RE: Richard Briers RIP

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Too bad. I also liked him in Monarch of the Glen.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
catwhoorg

Post by catwhoorg »

That is sad news

:(

He made me laugh so many times over the years.
Dennistoun

Post by Dennistoun »

Well said warspite1! A great actor both comic and dramatic. Another one of my childhood favorites gone...
kemmo

Post by kemmo »

Sad news,He will be greatly missed.
Josh

Post by Josh »

That's sad news, I really enjoyed watching him back in the days.
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

Yes indeed sad news....Warspite, if you please, keep me abreast on how some of the old timers from Last of the Summer Wine are doing, especially Peter Sallis and Frank Thorton...sometimes here in the States, if I do not think to search for myself, I miss how some of my favorite UK actors are faring....
wodin

Post by wodin »

Pete Sallis is still going at the age of 92..he does the Wallace voice for those much loved animations.

Frank Thornton is also 92 and still alive.

Hanal

Post by Hanal »

Thanks Wodin..I think Frank Thorton and Nicholas Smith are the only two surviving cast members from Are You Being Served? I always enjoyed Thorton's work...
Rtwfreak

Post by Rtwfreak »

Makes me miss Benny Hill and the Benny Hill show even more....<cry>
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

Are you being served was hilarious. I also watched so many other BBC shows from then and loved them all.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

Thanks Wodin..I think Frank Thorton and Nicholas Smith are the only two surviving cast members from Are You Being Served? I always enjoyed Thorton's work...
warspite1

God I feel old reading things like that....[:(]

MikeBrough

Post by MikeBrough »

Radio 4 Extra (available on all good internets near you) is airing Doctor in the House/Doctor at Sea/at Large on Sunday mornings. Another time, another (nicer) place.
Mike Brough
Proud to be an Arab

Be sceptical of the things you believe are false; be very sceptical of the things you believe are true.
Rtwfreak

Post by Rtwfreak »

He wasn't on that show where it was like a department store and they sold all kinds of things during their comedy dramas? What was the name of that show? It was on PBS from time to time like Benny Hill show.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Are you being served?

Rtwfreak

Post by Rtwfreak »

Are you being served?

Oh that ^ was the name of it? I always came in watching it after the start of the show so all the times I saw it I never knew the title of it. I don't remember a lot of the guys faces. I remember the two or three women and the gay guy he was hilarious too. I wish they would bring those back and the Benny Hill show too.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Rtwfreak

Are you being served?

Oh that ^ was the name of it? I always came in watching it after the start of the show so all the times I saw it I never knew the title of it. I don't remember a lot of the guys faces. I remember the two or three women and the gay guy he was hilarious too. I wish they would bring those back and the Benny Hill show too.
warspite1

As time goes by there is less and less chance of these shows being re-run I'm afraid. The BBC is essentially run by a bunch of lentil eating, politically correct hand-wringers. There was an episode of Fawlty Towers shown the other day that had a line censored out. Yep, Fawlty Towers. Bunch of ******....

Benny Hill was removed from British TV when the alternative comedians arrived in the late 80's and early 90's. Are You Being Served with an overtly camp Mr Humphries, and Mrs Slocombe's p****y is also frowned upon by the left-wing, liberal, chattering class, elite ...or complete ******* as I prefer to call them.

Rtwfreak

Post by Rtwfreak »

We need another William Wallace to be born. FREEDOM! Slowly the world is becoming so ruleamatic and controlled. You can't do this you can't say that you can't carry a gun bs. Plus now we are numbered just like the book said would happen. The Mark of the Beast shall be in every hand and forehead. Tell me something when you pull out your social security card or whatever you Brits use where is it? And how many don't have this number "memorized" in your forehead? Hrmmmm? Think about that. [:)]
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Rtwfreak

We need another William Wallace to be born. FREEDOM! Slowly the world is becoming so ruleamatic and controlled. You can't do this you can't say that you can't carry a gun bs. Plus now we are numbered just like the book said would happen. The Mark of the Beast shall be in every hand and forehead. Tell me something when you pull out your social security card or whatever you Brits use where is it? And how many don't have this number "memorized" in your forehead? Hrmmmm? Think about that. [:)]
warspite1

Sorry , you lost me at William Wallace . Pile of ahistorical hollywood crap dumbed-down history for the mentally incapable .

P.S

Hanal

Post by Hanal »

Thankfully I have bought the DVDs for many uf the British sitcoms that I have enjoyed over the years such as Are You Being Served, Chef, Fawlty Towers, Open All Hours, Blackadder, Last of the Summer Wine, and Red Dwarf which by the way I only recently discovered that they have a new season out on DVD, RED DWARF X. I have that one on my want list now.

Return to “General Discussion”