Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Movement resetting to zero after enemy bombing attacks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Movement resetting to zero after enemy bombing attacks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Movement resetting to zero after enemy bombing attacks - 2/18/2013 12:35:30 AM   
SqzMyLemon

Hi Michael,

It seems my PBEM partner and I are still having issues with Chinese units resetting movement to zero after bombing attacks, with any accumulated distance travelled being lost. This has been going on rather consistantly according to my opponent, I have not noticed anything on my side. I'm playing Japan, if I send you the completed Allied turn that I receive from my opponent, can you figure things out from there? It seems to happen after I bomb his units. He says he is not using the follow command, but after bombing many of his units show 0 for their movement, or reset completely.

We are playing a DaBabes Light B game, scenario 26 with stacking limits and the latest official patch, we are not using any of the current betas. If you can let me know what you need and how many turns back, I can send you whatever files you need.

Thanks.

Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)
Post #: 1
RE: Movement resetting to zero after enemy bombing attacks - 2/18/2013 12:38:56 AM   
michaelm

Give me the save where it has movement and the bombing attack resets it.
Also the unit in question to save me looking for it.

Michael

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 2
RE: Movement resetting to zero after enemy bombing attacks - 2/18/2013 12:44:12 AM   
michaelm

Can't see any place where bombing will do that.
Most places in the code where it gets 0 is in retreats and land combat.

Michael

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 3
RE: Movement resetting to zero after enemy bombing attacks - 2/18/2013 4:42:02 PM   
JocMeister

I had hoped we had uploaded some save files the last time we reported as I generally clear out my mailbox. I looked in the thread but didn´t find any. I guess there is no chance we sent you one by PM?

I´ve only seen this happen in China. Don´t know if morale or exp is somehow tied to the movement? I´ve had this happen on three occasions now that I know of but it might be more that I simply miss and/or mistake for not getting them moving.

A fairly easy way to get units resetting is to have them follow a unit. After they are bombed from the air the whole lot usually resets itself. That is very easy to reproduce as it happens very often. You can usually avoid this by not using the follow command but as I said it sometimes happens anyway.

I´ll see if I can find some save files.

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 2/18/2013 4:43:43 PM >

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 4
RE: Movement resetting to zero after enemy bombing attacks - 2/18/2013 5:15:19 PM   
SqzMyLemon

I have a number of e-mails where Jocke sends a turn and he mentions units resetting. I'm at work right now, but I should be able to provide some saves where the resetting occurred that turn. I think I even have the turn when the large stack west of Hengyang reset.

I'll post these save files for you later this evening Michael. Thanks.

Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Movement resetting to zero after enemy bombing attacks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI