Movement resetting to zero after enemy bombing attacks

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

SqzMyLemon

Movement resetting to zero after enemy bombing attacks

Post by SqzMyLemon »

Hi Michael,

It seems my PBEM partner and I are still having issues with Chinese units resetting movement to zero after bombing attacks, with any accumulated distance travelled being lost. This has been going on rather consistantly according to my opponent, I have not noticed anything on my side. I'm playing Japan, if I send you the completed Allied turn that I receive from my opponent, can you figure things out from there? It seems to happen after I bomb his units. He says he is not using the follow command, but after bombing many of his units show 0 for their movement, or reset completely.

We are playing a DaBabes Light B game, scenario 26 with stacking limits and the latest official patch, we are not using any of the current betas. If you can let me know what you need and how many turns back, I can send you whatever files you need.

Thanks.
Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)
michaelm75au

RE: Movement resetting to zero after enemy bombing attacks

Post by michaelm75au »

Give me the save where it has movement and the bombing attack resets it.
Also the unit in question to save me looking for it. [:D]
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Can't see any place where bombing will do that.
Most places in the code where it gets 0 is in retreats and land combat.
Michael
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

I had hoped we had uploaded some save files the last time we reported as I generally clear out my mailbox. I looked in the thread but didn´t find any. I guess there is no chance we sent you one by PM?

I´ve only seen this happen in China. Don´t know if morale or exp is somehow tied to the movement? I´ve had this happen on three occasions now that I know of but it might be more that I simply miss and/or mistake for not getting them moving.

A fairly easy way to get units resetting is to have them follow a unit. After they are bombed from the air the whole lot usually resets itself. That is very easy to reproduce as it happens very often. You can usually avoid this by not using the follow command but as I said it sometimes happens anyway. [:(]

I´ll see if I can find some save files.
SqzMyLemon

Post by SqzMyLemon »

I have a number of e-mails where Jocke sends a turn and he mentions units resetting. I'm at work right now, but I should be able to provide some saves where the resetting occurred that turn. I think I even have the turn when the large stack west of Hengyang reset.

I'll post these save files for you later this evening Michael. Thanks.
Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

Return to “Tech Support”