Matrix Games Forums

Ageod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new update
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Introvert or Extrovert?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Introvert or Extrovert? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Introvert or Extrovert? - 2/17/2013 1:31:00 PM   
StarLab

Greetings...

Just a quick question for everyone. Which are you? Introvert or Extrovert? (Not sure? Go HERE)

EDIT: The test requires your email address at the end. Don't waste your time there if you aren't willing to give that out!

I just get the feeling that games like Distant Worlds or Dwarf Fortress are more popular with those having the Introvert personality. Perhaps I'm off base with this, hence the topic.

For instance, I score as an INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging). This puts my personality into the Rational category, or more specifically, Mastermind.

I'm starting to think that this personality trait is the reason why I love Distant Worlds so much.

quote:

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Definitely sounds like my approach to playing! :) I rarely blunder into a battle or war without carefully thinking about the consequences and preparing for them. (Even if I plan incorrectly... lol)

Interested to hear your thoughts on this. Thx

< Message edited by StarLab -- 2/17/2013 3:00:59 PM >

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series:
New Universe LP
Collaborative LP
Post #: 1
RE: Introvert or Extrovert? - 2/17/2013 1:58:21 PM   
WoodMan

lol probably introverted, since that test asked for my name and email and I refuse to give it

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 2
RE: Introvert or Extrovert? - 2/17/2013 2:59:58 PM   
StarLab

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

lol probably introverted, since that test asked for my name and email and I refuse to give it

You're right. I took the test a couple years ago and bookmarked my result. I'm pretty sure the email thing is new since that time as I also would never give out my email for such a thing. (I have several emails addys - all spam free! )

I'll edit my original post to warn about that. Thx

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series:
New Universe LP
Collaborative LP

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 3
RE: Introvert or Extrovert? - 2/17/2013 4:34:45 PM   
Simulation01

Apparently I'm INFP.

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 4
RE: Introvert or Extrovert? - 2/17/2013 7:35:49 PM   
tjhkkr

No one ever believes me, but I am an introvert.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Simulation01)
Post #: 5
RE: Introvert or Extrovert? - 2/17/2013 7:44:41 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

Must be the Lightsaber always hanging at your side TJ!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 6
RE: Introvert or Extrovert? - 2/17/2013 7:58:20 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1
quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

Must be the Lightsaber always hanging at your side TJ!

That is just aggressive introversion...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 7
RE: Introvert or Extrovert? - 2/17/2013 8:04:56 PM   
jpwrunyan

Personality tests are complete bollocks. Do you really think you can give objective answers about yourself? Since you can't, how can the result of a self-applied personality test possibly be accurate?

Besides, you don't need a personality test to know if you are an introvert or an extrovert any more than you need a test to know if you like ice cream or not.

I like ice cream.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 8
RE: Introvert or Extrovert? - 2/17/2013 8:29:19 PM   
StarLab

quote:

ORIGINAL: jpwrunyan

Personality tests are complete bollocks. Do you really think you can give objective answers about yourself? Since you can't, how can the result of a self-applied personality test possibly be accurate?

Besides, you don't need a personality test to know if you are an introvert or an extrovert any more than you need a test to know if you like ice cream or not.

I like ice cream.

Agreed. Was just trying to add reference to the topic.

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series:
New Universe LP
Collaborative LP

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 9
RE: Introvert or Extrovert? - 2/17/2013 8:47:44 PM   
Cauldyth

quote:

ORIGINAL: jpwrunyan
I like ice cream.

I'm lactose intolerant, can I have sorbet?

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Introvert or Extrovert? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI