Matrix Games Forums

New screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!Space Program Manager will be launching on Steam
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

changing unit names

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> changing unit names Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
changing unit names - 2/17/2013 12:03:08 PM   
Mario_Fr

How can I change unit names? I tried to change the name of FlaK 36 to 8.8cm Flak 36 in the xml-document but then the game crashes every time I open a scenario that contains a FlaK 36.

Mario
Post #: 1
RE: changing unit names - 2/17/2013 5:59:40 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mario_Fr

How can I change unit names? I tried to change the name of FlaK 36 to 8.8cm Flak 36 in the xml-document but then the game crashes every time I open a scenario that contains a FlaK 36.

Mario

You will have to edit the scenario to use that unit name too.
The savest way to do that is make a copy of the xml file (Flak 36) in Armoured Units folder. In the new one change type to your name. Then change the scenario to use your newly named unit. This way if you miss a scenario it won't surprise you by crashing.

< Message edited by Mobius -- 2/17/2013 6:01:16 PM >

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

(in reply to Mario_Fr)
Post #: 2
RE: changing unit names - 2/18/2013 1:42:54 PM   
Mario_Fr

And what about random scenarios? I changed the name of the flak 36 in the xml-document, created a random scenario and again it crashed. Trying to change the random scenario name I can`t find it, maybe it`s in these strange ®1360...

Mario

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 3
RE: changing unit names - 2/18/2013 3:34:40 PM   
Mobius

I forgot about those. I'm not sure how the Random system is assigning units. But some presets have the unit type name already listed and some don't.

That is where a copy would again be of use.

(in reply to Mario_Fr)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> changing unit names Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI