Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

KIA/WIA ratio WAD?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> KIA/WIA ratio WAD? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
KIA/WIA ratio WAD? - 2/17/2013 10:58:14 AM   
821Bobo

I have noticed that at least on attack the ratio between KIA and WIA(disabled) is weird.
As you can see in the screenshot, Germans casualties are 89% killed and only 11% disabled. Soviets have more reasonable numbers, 33% killed and 67% disabled.
Is this WAD?

Post #: 1
RE: KIA/WIA ratio WAD? - 2/18/2013 5:46:44 PM   
Arstavidios

Wounded men are also represented by men going back to the manpower pool every turn. Those are not accounted in the casualty totals. Every turn you see in the replacement report you see a number of men going back to the pool and a number of men going back to the frontline which represent wounded men among other things.

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 2
RE: KIA/WIA ratio WAD? - 2/18/2013 6:03:14 PM   
821Bobo

I know that. This was just a test. I started a campaign and did only few attacks. For sure it is not representative example. But still most of the German casualties are deaths and this doesnt seem to be right.

(in reply to Arstavidios)
Post #: 3
RE: KIA/WIA ratio WAD? - 2/19/2013 6:09:00 AM   
Scook_99

In a short run, it isn't probable, but it is possible. Is the casualty percentages are to keep up over the course of a whole game, then we can look at aberrations.

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 4
RE: KIA/WIA ratio WAD? - 2/19/2013 7:28:19 AM   
EddyBear81

I have an ongoing AI game in which I am monitoring all casualties (KIA, WIA, POW), up to June 1944...
=> Excluding POW (as they are mainly the result of pockets), the KIA/(KIA+WIA) ratio is 53% for the Axis and 56% for the Soviets.

Considering a good number of WIA comes back to front lines, the "real" ratio shoud be around 40% KIA I guess (yeah, I could do the math...)

(in reply to Scook_99)
Post #: 5
RE: KIA/WIA ratio WAD? - 2/19/2013 7:37:54 AM   
EddyBear81

OK, just did...
...turns out there are over 2 MILLION Axis WIA coming back over the course of three years (nearly 3M for the Soviets)
Taking those into accounts, the KIA /(KIA+WIA+WIA that came back) ratio is 36% for the Axis and 39% for the Soviets.

I guess that in you example you did not have a logistics turn (?), and that's where most WIA seem to come from (attrition is mainly WIA), for the Axis at least...

(in reply to EddyBear81)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> KIA/WIA ratio WAD? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI