Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

how to prevent annoying design additions with autoupgrades

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> how to prevent annoying design additions with autoupgrades Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how to prevent annoying design additions with autoupgrades - 2/16/2013 9:38:14 PM   
Schussel

Hey .. currently restarted playing Legends and following my strategy in Vanilla i designed my small spaceports without labs and with few more docking bays and construction yards.

So far so good .. design is created .. i designate the old design as obsolete and the new one (mine) as autoupgrade, understanding that the AI now only upgrades existing components.

But after a few moments the manager creates another design based on the original one ... .

is there a way to prevent this AND keep upgrading automated or do i have to uncheck this object in the policies and do everything manually?
Or am i doing something wrong?
Thanks for advise .. i looked around a bit but didnt find something clear to help me out.

< Message edited by Schussel -- 2/16/2013 10:34:27 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: how to prevent annoying design additions with autou... - 2/17/2013 2:16:32 PM   
Mastik

AS long as you have it set to Auto, the Ai will continue to design what it thinks is best. Switch to manual

(in reply to Schussel)
Post #: 2
RE: how to prevent annoying design additions with autou... - 2/17/2013 9:19:51 PM   
Schussel

So the auto upgrade of just components isn't possible without manual meddling(like when having researched a new type of shield thus upgrading every design with old shield component to the new one would be the goal)?
I understood it be possible to just keep auto-ing that straight away without the need of creating bad designs all over again (as it seems to happen).. and yeah i am that lazy. But when you buyout an enemy Empire for a big batch of technology (as it happens quite often in the process to rip the cash back off em) multiple upgrade possibilities may appear. And i am too lazy to do it manually over and over again. ;-)

edit well seems there is no quick answer .. then the long way doing it manually :)

thanks anyways

That was the real point of my question.

< Message edited by Schussel -- 2/18/2013 10:41:03 PM >

(in reply to Mastik)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> how to prevent annoying design additions with autoupgrades Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI