Matrix Games Forums

Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Generals database - life expectancy, promotion etc.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Generals database - life expectancy, promotion etc. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Generals database - life expectancy, promotion etc. - 2/16/2013 7:01:11 PM   
joel9507

Playing Soviet. I have a bunch of generals who are listed in the editor database as having short lifespans.

If I replace them, does their doom fall on their successors? In other words, say General X commanding the ABC Front has a 'last year/last month' of July 1941 and I promote Zhukhov to command ABC Front. Does Zhukhov automatically die in July '41?

Many (but not all) of the short-lifespan crowd really are crying out for being replaced but I'm reluctant to do so if it means a good general goes in and gets killed off (aren't all that many good Soviet generals to use up any on short-term 1941 assignments)

Similar question on promotions. If a general is slated to get promoted, and he's been replaced and sits out the game, will the successor get the promotions, will the idle general get promoted, or will the promotions just not happen?

Thanks in advance for any input.

< Message edited by joel9507 -- 2/16/2013 7:56:50 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Generals database - life expectancy, promotion etc. - 2/16/2013 7:49:33 PM   
Cannonfodder

It shouldn't affect replacement officers..

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to joel9507)
Post #: 2
RE: Generals database - life expectancy, promotion etc. - 2/17/2013 3:21:12 AM   
joel9507

Thanks! Upgrading the staff this evening.

(in reply to Cannonfodder)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Generals database - life expectancy, promotion etc. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI