Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What's happening?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: What's happening? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What's happening? - 2/18/2013 9:26:24 PM   
kirk23

Cheers! As for the update so far so good I'm liking the changes,the game just keeps getting better very promising.

Make it so!

(in reply to Myrddraal)
Post #: 31
RE: What's happening? - 2/20/2013 11:07:15 AM   
kirk23

Commander The Great War

1 = Germany lacks PP during game play.
2 = Artillery too effective needs toning down abit.
3 = Strategic Bombing too effective needs toning down abit also.
4 = Battleships reduce bombardment effect.
5 = Cruiser give them bombardment ability but to a lesser degree than Battleship.
6 = Submarine's are too weak in attack,and are not effective enough.
7 = Diplomacy needs alot of work,there needs to be a button option to influence Countries.
8 = Anti climax when defeating a Country,winning side should get a morale boost at least.
9 = Loss of Battlefleet etc,defeated side morale loss is correct,but on the flip side winning side should get a morale boost.
10 = I think all cities should give full supply,within a range of 5 hexes,same as Capitals but to a lesser degree.
11 = Fortresses should give full supply to the hex they are in.
12 = Admirals should be available to deploy from the start of the war,and there should be more of them,Beatty & Hipper to name just two.

The Game is much better with the latest patch,but I feel looking at some of the above points will help the game improve.

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 32
RE: What's happening? - 2/20/2013 4:30:56 PM   
Myrddraal

quote:

Still? We have significantly reduced their effectiveness in the latest patch.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 33
RE: What's happening? - 2/20/2013 6:22:58 PM   
stockwellpete

Should Germany be able to have a slightly larger stockpile of ammo to partially offset the fact that the Entente has very clear artillery superiority in the second half of the war? With maximum stockpiles of ammo set at 50 then each power does not really need more than 2 artillery units - so you can have a situation in 1916 where Britain has 2 guns, France 2 guns, Russia 2 guns and Italy 1 gun making 7 whereas the Central Powers have just 4 guns (2 each for Germany and Austria).

(in reply to Myrddraal)
Post #: 34
RE: What's happening? - 2/22/2013 2:40:29 PM   
FOARP

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Commander The Great War

1 = Germany lacks PP during game play.
2 = Artillery too effective needs toning down abit.
4 = Battleships reduce bombardment effect.
5 = Cruiser give them bombardment ability but to a lesser degree than Battleship.
6 = Submarine's are too weak in attack,and are not effective enough.
7 = Diplomacy needs alot of work,there needs to be a button option to influence Countries.
8 = Anti climax when defeating a Country,winning side should get a morale boost at least.
9 = Loss of Battlefleet etc,defeated side morale loss is correct,but on the flip side winning side should get a morale boost.
10 = I think all cities should give full supply,within a range of 5 hexes,same as Capitals but to a lesser degree.
11 = Fortresses should give full supply to the hex they are in.
12 = Admirals should be available to deploy from the start of the war,and there should be more of them,Beatty & Hipper to name just two.

The Game is much better with the latest patch,but I feel looking at some of the above points will help the game improve.

1 - Don't think so. I'm playing a couple of MP games and Germany seem to have plenty of PP to go round.
2 - to an extent. At the very least there should be diminshing returns.
3 - Haven't played the latest version so I don't know if this is fixed yet
4 - Actually battleships only seem to take a point or so off a corps, no biggy.
5 - Agreed. Cruisers should be capable of fire-support.
6 - Submarine warfare is not worthwhile at the moment.
7 - agreed.
8 - agreed, but this is not the biggest problem with the way surrender works right now.
9 - Sure.
10 - I don't think so - at least not all cities as this would remove the point of encircling the enemy. I'd go with all cities with a port giving full supply though, since amphibious invasions are impossible otherwise.
11 - No. This would make fortresses indestructible. I favour the system remaining the same on this.
12 - Not a big problem.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 35
RE: What's happening? - 2/24/2013 11:45:50 PM   
jack54

Just a thought

I'd like to see 'Grand Offensive' added to the production pool. Here's how it could work...

it would increase offensive stats for a few turns to all units in a small radius; similar to adding an 'offensive General'. (You could actually have a General assigned to the Offensive if it makes implementation easier)....After a few turns the bonus would disappear.

this could add some more 'WWI flavor' to a really good game.

mostly playing
Pike and Shot, Flashpoint Campaigns:Red Storm, RUS, Germany at War, Drums of War, Hannibal Rome/Carthage, Hannibal:TOR

(in reply to FOARP)
Post #: 36
RE: What's happening? - 2/25/2013 12:19:23 AM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: jack54

Just a thought

I'd like to see 'Grand Offensive' added to the production pool. Here's how it could work...

it would increase offensive stats for a few turns to all units in a small radius; similar to adding an 'offensive General'. (You could actually have a General assigned to the Offensive if it makes implementation easier)....After a few turns the bonus would disappear.

this could add some more 'WWI flavor' to a really good game.

Sounds good..WW1Gold did Grand Offensive mechanic superbly. You need a WW1 game to be all about Grand Offensives with one maybe two Max each year on a front. The game should be all about trying to build up the resources and hitting the right spot and then keeping momentum..it should be very hard and the result mainly should be attrition on both sides. a slow bleeding of the armies and it be he who bleeds the most esp on the Western front (picking the right spot and choosing the right tactics generals etc is hwta will mean you come away less bloody than the enemy and even take some land maybe even the defender hits with a counter attack and the attacker loses land again a major NM hit (not as major as no attack though again I'm talking about the Entente here after 1915). Also you will have to do one esp if the Entente due to NM reasons so no just sitting there you have to commit to a GO during the year.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to jack54)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: What's happening? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI