Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/16/2013 1:14:14 AM   
Neilster

I've been living under a rock for about a week and when I checked online this morning I couldn't believe the amazing deals I can get on a Caribbean cruise with Carnival. Total bargain!

Cheers, Neilster

< Message edited by Neilster -- 2/16/2013 1:16:00 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! - 2/16/2013 1:46:21 AM   
sulla05

No problem, if you don't mind crapping in a bag and leave it outside your cabin.

Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
6 Gb DD3
ATI 5800

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 2
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! - 2/16/2013 2:45:09 AM   
Chickenboy

Hmmm...sulla05, I'd prefer to be able to crap in a bag and leave it outside Warspite1's cabin. Would that work?

(in reply to sulla05)
Post #: 3
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! - 2/16/2013 10:51:27 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Hmmm...sulla05, I'd prefer to be able to crap in a bag and leave it outside Warspite1's cabin. Would that work?
warspite1

Fine by me if that works for you guys.

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! - 2/16/2013 10:54:44 AM   
Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: sulla05

No problem, if you don't mind crapping in a bag and leave it outside your cabin.

C'mon...that's all just part of the adventure. No sanitation? Disease breaking out? Little food or water? Stifling heat? Think of it as an authentic, historical themed Caribbean cruise from about 1800

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to sulla05)
Post #: 5
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! - 2/16/2013 1:24:46 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

quote:

C'mon...that's all just part of the adventure. No sanitation? Disease breaking out? Little food or water? Stifling heat? Think of it as an authentic, historical themed Caribbean cruise from about 1800

Cheers, Neilster

I rather not. I prefer my adventures to be in comfort.

I actually prefer to read about adventures rather than having adventures. Much more relaxing that way.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress. - Captain Eric Moody

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 6
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! - 2/16/2013 2:37:07 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

quote:

Cheers, Neilster

I rather not. I prefer my adventures to be in comfort.

I actually prefer to read about adventures rather than having adventures. Much more relaxing that way.

Sorry Neilster, but I agree with Orm. When I go camping I do so at The Mandarin Oriental.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 7
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! - 2/16/2013 5:44:39 PM   
Zorch

Personally, I prefer the Black Hole of Calcutta. India is so lovely this time of year, and you meet so many interesting people gasping for air. And the view is spectacular!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 8
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! - 2/16/2013 6:54:39 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Personally, I prefer the Black Hole of Calcutta. India is so lovely this time of year, and you meet so many interesting people gasping for air. And the view is spectacular!

Yep, nothing like 115 degrees in the shade, with 199% humidity.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 9
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! - 2/16/2013 11:56:48 PM   
Zorch

Yes, Mad Dogs and Englishmen!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 10
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/17/2013 12:05:57 AM   
parusski

quote:

I've been living under a rock for about a week and when I checked online this morning I couldn't believe the amazing deals I can get on a Caribbean cruise with Carnival. Total bargain!

Cheers, Neilster

BTW, what is life like under a rock? I have always wondered.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 11
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/17/2013 12:22:41 AM   
Jim D Burns

The reported decision not to allow the ship to be towed to Mexico due to the cost of then having to fly passengers to the states is going to cost the company big time. It is directly responsible for the disgusting situation that then developed. Assuming the reports are true of course, can't really trust the media to get it right these days, so who knows for sure. I think I'll take a look at shorting a few shares of their stock.

Jim

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 12
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/17/2013 12:28:29 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Now come the Lawyers chasing Law suits.  I have very little respect for that profession.  I am sure their some good ones out there.  All the medical commericals of law firms chasing money.  I am sure there had to be a car load of them at the pier.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 13
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/17/2013 12:38:53 AM   
rogo727

I can speak for those who actually have taken cruises with them. Twice. It was a wonderful experience. It's a shame that this one thing will forever mark them.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

The reported decision not to allow the ship to be towed to Mexico due to the cost of then having to fly passengers to the states is going to cost the company big time. It is directly responsible for the disgusting situation that then developed. Assuming the reports are true of course, can't really trust the media to get it right these days, so who knows for sure. I think I'll take a look at shorting a few shares of their stock.

Jim

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Post #: 14
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/17/2013 12:45:11 AM   
Titanwarrior89

My wife and I have taken two cruises and we enjoyed both. But doubt if we take another.
quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

I can speak for those who actually have taken cruises with them. Twice. It was a wonderful experience. It's a shame that this one thing will forever mark them.
quote:

Jim

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 15
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/17/2013 12:46:54 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Jim

Won't do any good. The stock, after the initial small selloff, has largely stabilized.

If you think about market share of the cruise industry, they have something like 50%, so you'd figure that half of the cruise ship problems / disasters would belong to them by virtue of their market share if nothing else.

Post #: 16
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/17/2013 12:51:27 AM   
Neilster

There are definitely dodgy bastards (bastardettes?) running some of these companies. The cruise lines have their legal position pretty tightly sown up, so suing Carnival may be difficult.

This industry is growing fast and the evidence is that people soon forget about this sort of incident. Cruising is a good fit for Americans because they only want to unpack once, want to visit exotic destinations but want all the comforts of home. Cruising is generally an enjoyable experience also. My parents went on the new Queen Elizabeth around the Mediterranean and loved it. It was also cost effective when you consider the convenience, facilities, paid for accommodation and included meals.

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 17
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/17/2013 12:57:37 AM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

Won't do any good. The stock, after the initial small selloff, has largely stabilized.

Yeah I meant if they get hit with a large penalty judgment for basically forcing passengers to stay aboard ship instead of docking earlier just to save a few bucks on air fare. It'll drop a good ways if that happens and you can always buy extra shares when you buy back the short and take some more profits on the way back up. But as I said, the media may just be reporting rumors right now, fact checking is a thing of the past with them these days.

Jim

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 18
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/17/2013 1:00:47 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Yeah I meant if they get hit with a large penalty judgment for basically forcing passengers to stay aboard ship instead of docking earlier just to save a few bucks on air fare. It'll drop a good ways if that happens and you can always buy extra shares when you buy back the short and take some more profits on the way back up. But as I said, the media may just be reporting rumors right now, fact checking is a thing of the past with them these days.

Jim

Well, buy the put then rather than the unlimited risk of shorting the stock. Or, sell the put and realize the upside potential after it resumes its climb. If the Costa Concordia disaster didn't damage their stock long-term, having some passengers pooping in bags and eating ham sandwiches for a few extra days won't kill 'em.

Post #: 19
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/17/2013 1:05:39 AM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

rather than the unlimited risk

No risk, no reward, I never hedge. That said I never invest anything I can't afford to lose.

Jim

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 20
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/17/2013 2:15:04 AM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

rather than the unlimited risk

No risk, no reward, I never hedge. That said I never invest anything I can't afford to lose.

Jim

And I never lose anything I can afford to reward any hedge I make on a risk.

Post #: 21
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/17/2013 4:04:03 AM   
Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

Cheers, Neilster

Comfy

Cheers, Neilster

Attachment (1)

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 22
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/17/2013 4:10:00 AM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

Cheers, Neilster

Comfy

Cheers, Neilster

WOW. Well, I asked.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 23
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/17/2013 4:29:07 AM   
Neilster

That would be an underground house in Coober Pedy, which is an opal mining town in outback Australia where lots of people live in "dugouts" cut into hillsides. Their temperature stays almost constant (despite the extreme swings outside) without requiring air-con and they are quiet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coober_Pedy

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 24
RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P - 2/17/2013 2:32:54 PM   
parusski

quote:

That would be an underground house in Coober Pedy, which is an opal mining town in outback Australia where lots of people live in "dugouts" cut into hillsides. Their temperature stays almost constant (despite the extreme swings outside) without requiring air-con and they are quiet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coober_Pedy

Cheers, Neilster

Actually I think it quiet cool(hehe). Looks like something a hobbit would live in.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI