Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some AI Blivets

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Some AI Blivets Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some AI Blivets - 2/15/2013 7:46:46 PM   
Symon

Hi Michael. Understand you might not want to touch this one with a 10 foot pole, or even a 12 foot lithuanian. If not, just gimme a shout and tell me to widdle off.

There seems to be some kind of internal code AI 'look ahead', that interferes with dated scripts. Have an AI set with some oddball scripts set to start in 1944 and five active scripts running from Aug 6, 1942 to Aug 30, 1942. When I run the game 'both 'puter' and continuous, I get TFs at Lunga and Tulagi pulling fragments off units that are supposed to be defense units. If I delete these oddball scripts, this doesn't happen. Wierd! Could something like this be happening with AndyMac's whacko results?

Can generate any kind of savegames you want. It's a short time/short map scenario so it shouldn't be hard to see wtf. If ya got a yen to play with this, please pm me with what you want in terms of savegames. I'll post them here, too, so folks don't think we're playing eucre behind their backs.

Ciao, John

Yippy Ki Yay
Post #: 1
RE: Some AI Blivets - 2/16/2013 2:22:16 AM   
PaxMondo

John,

Playing eucre is ok, just no tiddly winks. 

Pax

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 2
RE: Some AI Blivets - 2/16/2013 2:54:38 AM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Symon

Hi Michael. Understand you might not want to touch this one with a 10 foot pole, or even a 12 foot lithuanian. If not, just gimme a shout and tell me to widdle off.

There seems to be some kind of internal code AI 'look ahead', that interferes with dated scripts. Have an AI set with some oddball scripts set to start in 1944 and five active scripts running from Aug 6, 1942 to Aug 30, 1942. When I run the game 'both 'puter' and continuous, I get TFs at Lunga and Tulagi pulling fragments off units that are supposed to be defense units. If I delete these oddball scripts, this doesn't happen. Wierd! Could something like this be happening with AndyMac's whacko results?

Can generate any kind of savegames you want. It's a short time/short map scenario so it shouldn't be hard to see wtf. If ya got a yen to play with this, please pm me with what you want in terms of savegames. I'll post them here, too, so folks don't think we're playing eucre behind their backs.

Ciao, John

Just a hint...

Beginning to suspect an issue with scripts that start at the beginning of a scenario but do not have an exact start date specified (i.e. start date is zero). You might try changing any "zeros" to your 420806 date...

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 3
RE: Some AI Blivets - 2/16/2013 8:57:19 PM   
Symon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen
Just a hint...

Beginning to suspect an issue with scripts that start at the beginning of a scenario but do not have an exact start date specified (i.e. start date is zero). You might try changing any "zeros" to your 420806 date...

Yes Sir, noticed that too., but deleted every other script and it still happens; and only to the 1st raiders (well a couple other units in other scripts). I even pulled them out to their own "move 1st raiders' script and am playing with the Adv Base field. It's not a game stopper, but shooot! Am working with Michael, offline, to see where this is coming from. Will copy you in on our sidebars. Ciao, John.

Yippy Ki Yay

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 4
RE: Some AI Blivets - 2/25/2013 2:57:20 PM   
Andy Mac

Interested as well

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Some AI Blivets Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI