Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Recovering after a tough fight

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Recovering after a tough fight Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recovering after a tough fight - 2/15/2013 2:40:32 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

I am assaulting Clark field Luzon, I am playing Japan, situation is Allies are trapped in Bataan/ Clark Field.
Most of my troops are also in Clark Field, they are fatigued, and some had suffered heavy casualties (both disabled and destroyed deviced) after an unsuccesful deliberate attack.

Having captured everything else in Luzon, I am not in a hurry to capture Clark or Battan, my questions are :
how can I recover fatigue/ disabled troops? would they recover under daily bombardment? how long would it take to recover fatigue under these conditions? (just an estimate... 2 weeks? 3 weeks?)
should I move them out of Clark until fully recovered? maybe moving one unit at a time so to keep pressure on Allies?

thanks

Post #: 1
RE: Recovering after a tough fight - 2/15/2013 3:41:21 PM   
Sardaukar

You can rotate them in Rest-mode. Just be sure you have enough Assault Value in units with Combat mode to contain possible counter attacks. Rest-mode is generally best and fastest way to recover.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 2
RE: Recovering after a tough fight - 2/15/2013 3:53:22 PM   
Lokasenna

I believe having ample Support in the hex helps as well.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 3
RE: Recovering after a tough fight - 2/15/2013 4:17:01 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

I believe having ample Support in the hex helps as well.

I do beleive inspiration and admin level of leaders help here also ?

Patients and providers of healthcare win with interprofessional practice http://ipep.arizona.edu/blog

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 4
RE: Recovering after a tough fight - 2/15/2013 4:42:20 PM   
Chickenboy

All of the above.

Rotate them into and out of Manila, which is malarial-free for prolonged R&R. If your Army HQ should be stationed at Manila-they can take advantage of their ability to support / rebuild LCUs here in a non-malarial hex, but they're off the front lines of Bataan. Yet, they're only 1 hex from Bataan, so their preparation is still useful.

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 5
RE: Recovering after a tough fight - 2/15/2013 5:23:10 PM   
jeffk3510

Remember that in order to take on replacements, you must be at a base wit 2x required supplies.

Being in an area with numerous bases in the the immediate area that are well supplied, will allow you to draw reinforcements even faster.

Follow our WiTPAE team PBEM game against bilbow and hartwig.modrow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2965846&mpage=1&key=?

Follow my WITPAE PBEM game against Schanilec. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3495605

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Recovering after a tough fight - 2/15/2013 6:39:38 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

thanks a lot, I will build a well equiped "comfort station" in Manila

what I am also planning to do is to put the bombers at very high altitude + 30% to 40% rest so to avoid flak losses; will see how this goes

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 7
RE: Recovering after a tough fight - 2/15/2013 7:54:06 PM   
Q-Ball

It's easy to get stuck on Clark; this is why I favor bypassing it in the first place, and moving on to other targets. Starve it out and come back for it later.

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Recovering after a tough fight Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI