Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

UFO shot down..or meteorite?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> UFO shot down..or meteorite? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 7:32:30 AM   
wodin

They have admiteed shooting it up..but say it's a meteor..

Footage below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZxXYscmgRg&feature=player_embedded

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

Post #: 1
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 11:19:16 AM   
Josh

It's a meteorite, pretty rare phenomenon to have on tape though. OTOH everyone having a camera nowadays so everyone is recording or shooting everything all the time.
By the way you're not saying the russkies are ... capable of shooting down an ufo are you?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 11:56:36 AM   
redcoat

The latest news from Russja.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 3
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 12:06:55 PM   
catwhoorg

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 4
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 3:03:15 PM   
Mobius

It was probably a piece of or fellow traveler of 2012 DA 14 which just missed the earth a few hours after this.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/9860421/Record-close-asteroid-may-miss-the-Earth-but-it-could-take-out-your-phone.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/14/space-asteroid-idUSL1N0BE8HW20130214

< Message edited by Mobius -- 2/15/2013 3:22:40 PM >

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 5
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 3:06:06 PM   
catwhoorg

Unlikely, they had pretty different orbits from my reading of various astronomers comments.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 6
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 3:06:21 PM   
VPaulus

Another UFO disintegrating in the atmosphere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b7mLUIDGqmw

One of the UFO pieces seems to have break a window.

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 2/15/2013 3:08:38 PM >

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 7
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 3:37:08 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: redcoat

The latest news from Russja.

OMG, I am listening to the radio right now, and there are reports of a cylindrical meteorite landing in a small community in Russia. Reports say that the militia has been sent in to investigate, but communication was lost moments ago with the unit commander, according to Pravda and Radio Putin. Casualty updates coming shortly.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 8
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 3:42:38 PM   
parusski

AP reporter, Carl Phillips made a final report moments ago. He reported the object appears to be "unscrewing" itself, and he caught a glimpse of "a tentacled, pulsating, barely mobile mar..." then his live broadcast was cut off.

Dear GOD, what is happening??

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 9
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 3:50:17 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

It's a meteorite, pretty rare phenomenon to have on tape though. OTOH everyone having a camera nowadays so everyone is recording or shooting everything all the time.
By the way you're not saying the russkies are ... capable of shooting down an ufo are you?

Not sure why they sent up four fighters to shoot it up though..seemed an odd thing to do. It doesn't look anything like the meteorites that hit the UK a few weeks ago though..

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 10
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 4:30:02 PM   
parusski

According to Radio Putin, which has some recorded audio of reporter Carl Phillips, it was a "barely mobile Martian" inside the meteorite and the crowd of onlookers, fireman and militia were incinerated by "Heat-Rays"! Three Martian Tripods have been spotted headed toward "the river".

That is all I have for the moment, what about anyone else??

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 11
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 4:37:23 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

quote:

Not sure why they sent up four fighters to shoot it up though..seemed an odd thing to do. It doesn't look anything like the meteorites that hit the UK a few weeks ago though..

Sorry, Wodin, but I'm not buying it. I doubt the Russian Ural air defense is capable of scrambling four combat-ready aircraft to 'shoot down a UFO' in such a rapidly-developing issue. How many fighters does the US or other major military power have on 'ready 5' for UFO duty? How many would we have over Wyoming or Oklahoma in such a configuration? I'm thinking of a round number. A perfectly round number.

Scrambling 4 fighters to shoot something up that's travelling several times the speed of sound? I'm not buying it-I'd like to see the legitimate press release that documents this, please.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 2/15/2013 4:38:10 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 12
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 4:38:13 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

According to Radio Putin, which has some recorded audio of reporter Carl Phillips, it was a "barely mobile Martian" inside the meteorite and the crowd of onlookers, fireman and militia were incinerated by "Heat-Rays"! Three Martian Tripods have been spotted headed toward "the river".

Isn't Tom Cruise supposed to give it a head cold or something?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 13
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 4:51:20 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

Isn't Tom Cruise supposed to give it a head cold or something?

Nah, Cruise actually gives it indigestion by forcing it to watch his Oprah appearance.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 14
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 5:11:55 PM   
RockKahn

There's a report out that a huge trebuchet has been spotted on the Finnish border. May be unrelated, but they are investigating.

I don't write Universal Law. I just live by it.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 15
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 6:47:23 PM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

parruski,
He reported the object appears to be "unscrewing" itself, and he caught a glimpse of "a tentacled, pulsating, barely mobile mar..." then his live broadcast was cut off.

SEE!! I TOLD U SO!!

ALIEN SHIP, "VIMANA" FOUND IN AFGHANISTAN!
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3266482

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to RockKahn)
Post #: 16
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 7:15:48 PM   
wodin

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry, Wodin, but I'm not buying it. I doubt the Russian Ural air defense is capable of scrambling four combat-ready aircraft to 'shoot down a UFO' in such a rapidly-developing issue. How many fighters does the US or other major military power have on 'ready 5' for UFO duty? How many would we have over Wyoming or Oklahoma in such a configuration? I'm thinking of a round number. A perfectly round number.

Scrambling 4 fighters to shoot something up that's travelling several times the speed of sound? I'm not buying it-I'd like to see the legitimate press release that documents this, please.

No it was said they shot up a meteorite..maybe to break it up abit? God knows..I think it was on Russia Today..

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 17
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 7:58:58 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

No it was said they shot up a meteorite..maybe to break it up abit? God knows..I think it was on Russia Today..

A link would be great.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 18
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 8:16:08 PM   
Terminus

The Russian president has already denied it.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 9:22:16 PM   
Chickenboy

You'd expect the leadership to deny their military prowess. They don't want to divulge their national secrets, now do they?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 20
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 9:26:38 PM   
Chickenboy

By the way, the 6 ton rock came into the atmosphere at about 54,000km/hour.  Anything we know of that can track, let alone engage something moving that fast?  No bullets / missiles that I can think of.  Lemme guess-the Russkies have an interlacing web of ready rail guns for such intercepts over the Urals?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 9:32:37 PM   
Terminus

Yes, but it's much easier to speculate instead of letting pesky facts get in the way. Better do that than think for yourself.

< Message edited by Terminus -- 2/15/2013 9:33:04 PM >

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 22
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 9:38:10 PM   
Chickenboy

I just hope that the atmospheric disturbance didn't interfere with Fnord's production system nor the Orbital Mind Control Lasers.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 23
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 9:42:37 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

Another UFO disintegrating in the atmosphere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b7mLUIDGqmw

One of the UFO pieces seems to have break a window.

Nice coverage. Very intelligent cameramen. First, they are on the street immediately underneath some shattering windows. Then they run into the street to seek shelter from the cascading glass. Lastly, they position themselves right underneath some electric wires to an electric tramway. Always a good place to be...

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 24
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 9:44:33 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

quote:

parruski,
He reported the object appears to be "unscrewing" itself, and he caught a glimpse of "a tentacled, pulsating, barely mobile mar..." then his live broadcast was cut off.

SEE!! I TOLD U SO!!

ALIEN SHIP, "VIMANA" FOUND IN AFGHANISTAN!
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3266482

Dear God, the end really is near, because I never thought I would say: "yes, Slaak, you were right".

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 25
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/15/2013 11:09:00 PM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

Dear God, the end really is near, because I never thought I would say: "yes, Slaak, you were right"

Of course I am my lord parruski & God is the reason that we are at the end of this cataclysmic age...prepare yourself for the return of the Messiah!!

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 26
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/16/2013 1:29:40 AM   
wodin

quote:

quote:

A link would be great.

erm..can't be bothered as it's no big deal if it happened (fighters shot at it) or not..I read it..I mentioned it here..true or not who really cares the footage was good of it breaking up though and thats why I posted it, not really about fighters or what not..just a great bit of video footage.

Think it's weird it's effected Mobile Phone network there though (mentioned on BBC News).

< Message edited by wodin -- 2/16/2013 1:31:29 AM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 27
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/16/2013 2:46:47 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

A link would be great.

erm..can't be bothered as it's no big deal if it happened (fighters shot at it) or not..I read it..I mentioned it here..true or not who really cares the footage was good of it breaking up though and thats why I posted it, not really about fighters or what not..just a great bit of video footage.

Think it's weird it's effected Mobile Phone network there though (mentioned on BBC News).

Wonder if it was atmospheric disturbance or blast effect? No EMP from a non-nuclear explosion in the atmosphere, is there?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 28
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/16/2013 2:53:17 AM   
WBaugh

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 29
RE: UFO shot down..or meteorite? - 2/16/2013 6:29:55 AM   
LiquidSky

It was the Mayan doomsday asteroid...

Arriving on Russian time.

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.

(in reply to WBaugh)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> UFO shot down..or meteorite? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI