Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Eva Matriarchy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> The Eva Matriarchy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Eva Matriarchy - 2/14/2013 6:58:41 AM   
Antiscamp

A Distant Worlds race by Antiscamp

Vbeta0.1 (Comments and Suggestions encouraged!)

DOWNLOAD FROM MODDB

NOTE: This is the standalone Eva race. For the expanded human experience, I've included the Eva in my Human Revolution mod as well and tweaked them further there.

ABOUT THE MOD

Distant Worlds Legends is required.

The Eva mod adds a new playable race to the game. You can also play against them; they have their own unique diplomacy dialogue as well. They have been balanced to provide a fun and challenging game, mostly really, according to my own personal playstyle. The Eva have their own race portrait and shipset.

Throw the Eva Race folder in your Matrix Games/Distant Worlds/customization folder and tick the mod in the Themes list from the main game menu.

STATISTICS OF THE EVA

Humanoid family, Continental native planet. Default reproduction rate +25%

Slightly aggressive, very cautious, quite unfriendly, very intelligent, quite unreliable.

Faster research +10%, faster mining +10% and happiness +5%

Resource Bonuses: Vodkol +5% increase to population growth rate for all colonies with access. Bifurian Silk +10% development bonus for all colonies with access. Gold +5% happiness bonus for all colonies with access.

Race Victory Conditions: 25% have the happiest population in the galaxy. 25% have the most completed High Tech research branches in the galaxy. 20% destroy more ships and bases than you lose. 15% mine the most luxury resources in the galaxy. 15% conquer the most enemy colonies.

Less likely to generate troop generals (-40%)

No special tech, no disallowed tech.

CREDITS AND PERMISSIONS

I created the Eva mod just for fun and to learn some DW modding. I thought the DW universe lacked a true femme-fatale, stereotype heroine type race, so I added this in myself and did so with humour; they ended up being real characters, my Evas.

Credits for the Eva race mod go to CodeForce for an excellent game. Israel Llona (http://isra2007.deviantart.com/) for the sexy and beautiful race portrait picture, which is used with permission. Also, Kalthaniell with his DW mod Kalthaniell's Shipyard where I got the excellent shipset the Evas are using (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2845072).

Go ahead and use this mod for whatever you like. Just send me a PM about what you're doing with it, and give proper credit to me as creator of The Eva as well as to Israel Llona (http://isra2007.deviantart.com/) for the race picture.

Report any issues to me. The Eva race has its own thread on the Matrix Forums. Have fun!

Antiscamp, February 2013

< Message edited by Antiscamp -- 2/19/2013 7:02:40 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/14/2013 6:59:06 AM   
Antiscamp

THE EVA MATRIARCHY

HISTORY

The Eva began as an independent race engineered by human scientists. The Eva were engineered to be perfect females; created as beautiful and satisfying, they also quickly took on the abilities of being manipulative and scheming. The genetic engineering had also given them an intellect superior to that of their human creators, and while they slowly grasped the shortcomings of human society, they also started to make resistance against what were effectively their slave masters - the male humans.

After some time they formed their own organization and model society - what they called "The Matriarchy", a system ruled by a despotic Queen who was periodically elected amongst the best of The Eva. On their planets they also quickly turned the slavery forced upon them against their former masters, and in Eva society men were soon held as lower ranking and only kept for labour and entertainment for The Eva women. Eva children were produced by genetic engineering and cloning, leading to a population explosion as Eva laboratories produced large numbers of perfect females intended for the high positions in their society, as well as males genetically engineered to constitute the workforce. In The Matriarchy, it was believed that women were genetically destined and better suited to rule, while men were better suited for labour.

POLITICS AND LEADERSHIP

The Eva prefer the government style of Monarchy where the Queen is elected among the best candidates. The Queen also holds the highest spiritual office in the Matriarchy and also commands the armed forces. The Queen is chosen for life.

There is a strong feeling of patriotism in the Eva Empire and assimilated races are also included in this, in fact, assimilation on conquered or settled planets have gone well through Eva history and the Eva are very open and friendly to integrating new cultures into their Empire. Most often though, they start treating the female part of the integrated populations as leaders and think the males are secondary. There are many examples where such has not been the case though and where males of different races have risen to high offices within the Eva Empire.

The Eva do not allow major economic coprorations to form. This, because of an experiment in their history when they were near to being enslaved by their own corporations and it all ended in a bloody revolution. Eva women are industrious businessladies though and maintain small to mid sized businesses which trade with the other empires and keep the economy going.

There have been examples of Eva colonies that have chosen other forms of government, but Monarchy is preferred.

POPULATION AND SETTLEMENTS

The Eva are an intelligent, scientific race but they are also vain. They preferably inhabit continental planets, where they like to live on beautiful little estates in meticulously designed rural terrain environments. Their planets often end up looking like paradise and works of art, because they enjoy beauty and cleanliness. They also erect great city centres for administration; where most Evas work within the high offices such as in military and government. The shopping in these city centres is of course well-catered for.

They have a fondness of certain luxury goods. From the rare Bifurian Silk they produce magnificent clothes and fashion, which gives their society a large development boost. Gold to produce jewelry from makes them very happy, and Vodkol heightens their reproduction rate. There's a saying in the galaxy: "There's nothing as feisty as an Eva on Vodkol". In conjunction with the fact that The Eva genetically produce perfect working males, they have developed excellent mining equipment and work methods.

FOREIGN RELATIONS

Diplomatically The Eva are unreliable allies; they have committment issues. They are suspicious and slightly aggressive towards their neighbours, and when it comes to fighting, they're rather cautious. They like to strike when they're completely ready and where it hurts. The Eva don't like the male dominated humanoid states at all; especially humans and Kiadians. They do get along with the Securans and Sluken though, because those societies remind them of their own. The Evas really like the Atuuk. Just because they're so fuzzy and cute.

WARFARE

The Eva tend to go for phasers and torpedo weapons when equipping their ships for combat. They make excellent ground soldiers, because there is a strong gun-glorification culture in the Eva society. Only females are allowed to enter their Valkyrie Regiments; this has historical reasons from the days when the Eva overturned their slavemasters and had to learn how to defend themselves. Melee combat is glorified and most Evas are trained in this way, however, leadership of the armed ground forces has been lacks and they produce fewer great generals than other cultures.

< Message edited by Antiscamp -- 2/14/2013 7:08:14 AM >

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 2
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/14/2013 7:09:12 AM   
Antiscamp

< Message edited by Antiscamp -- 2/14/2013 7:10:06 AM >

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 3
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/14/2013 10:15:27 PM   
Igard

Never been too big a fan of the scantily clad ladies mods, but I'm really liking the background you gave these gals.

This would be cool as an additional race for Haree's Extended mod.

The Picard Era for Distant Worlds

Igard's Romulan Stormbird

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 4
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/14/2013 10:31:52 PM   
Antiscamp

Thank you kindly.

I was actually thinking of merging the Eva into my own copy of Extended later on when I've done all the testing and balancing. Maybe that's a project that could be shared with an audience in one form or another at some point. As a "modmod" or something.

< Message edited by Antiscamp -- 2/14/2013 10:34:06 PM >

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 5
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/14/2013 10:35:43 PM   
Fishers of Men

Thanks for this Mod. Its inclusion would really spice up a galaxy. By the way, have you have problems in your past with women relationships? Just asking.

Old............but very fast

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 6
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/14/2013 10:41:55 PM   
Antiscamp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fishers of Men

By the way, have you have problems in your past with women relationships?

LOL I'm married to an Eva.

(in reply to Fishers of Men)
Post #: 7
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/14/2013 10:53:45 PM   
ASHBERY76

They stack up well.

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 8
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/14/2013 10:54:16 PM   
Fishers of Men

Is Eva her real name or is that the nature of her personality, like your Mod? I am married to a Barbie! She is not that excited about DW, let alone have a Mod designed about her, but she looks like the real Barbie Doll.

Old............but very fast

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 9
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/14/2013 11:14:25 PM   
Antiscamp

Naah, Eva's not her real name. Nor is the Eva mod personality one hundred percent her either. My wife is just the brains, beauty and thinking she's better suited to rule parts of Eva.

(in reply to Fishers of Men)
Post #: 10
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/14/2013 11:38:08 PM   
StarLab

Just one question:

Where's their home planet? I'm going there for holiday!

Nice work!

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series:
New Universe LP
Collaborative LP

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 11
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/15/2013 2:39:37 AM   
ehsumrell1

I agree with StarLab! In addition, that might be a great planet to hold my
Galactic Birthday Party at the end of the year! Great work Antiscamp!

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 2/15/2013 2:40:51 AM >

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 12
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/15/2013 6:25:24 AM   
Antiscamp

Thanks, StarLab and ehsumrell1.

Their home planet is called Eden's Flower. I added that name to the list too and made it their historical home, so you can indeed go there in-game. I really just wish they'd start there every time you start a new game, but the planet is always there when I play, at least, as an independent, if you don't happen to start on it.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 13
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/15/2013 10:37:38 AM   
Igard

I've always felt that we need an option to start a race on their historical homeworld. It would be best to put it somewhere in the race's txt file. It's especially important for mods like the Star Trek and Star Wars ones where we all expect each race to have their homeworld.

The Picard Era for Distant Worlds

Igard's Romulan Stormbird

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 14
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/15/2013 12:21:08 PM   
Arcatus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

I've always felt that we need an option to start a race on their historical homeworld. It would be best to put it somewhere in the race's txt file. It's especially important for mods like the Star Trek and Star Wars ones where we all expect each race to have their homeworld.

Yea, from the RotS storyline it makes sense that some would have lost their homeworld.. but everyone? Really?

Hopefully that option will be a part of Shadows...

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 15
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/15/2013 1:00:38 PM   
Antiscamp

Yes, I'm hoping for Shadows in this regard too. For this particular race mod, it's no major problem, but I can understand the problems for the Star Trek mods, for an example.

(in reply to Arcatus)
Post #: 16
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/18/2013 9:30:02 AM   
Kalthaniell

Great mod. I like it :]

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 17
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/18/2013 10:49:35 AM   
Antiscamp

Thank you kindly. I am in the process of expanding this mod further, and have been working on it all weekend. Never thought I'd be modding this game, but once a modder, always a modder, eh. I might actually upload the expanded version already tonight.

I'm making real good use of your shipsets here, so thanks for your work on them!

(in reply to Kalthaniell)
Post #: 18
RE: The Eva Matriarchy - 2/19/2013 7:04:10 AM   
Antiscamp

The Eva race is now included in my Human Revolution mod which adds two more human factions and edits the base human one as well.

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> The Eva Matriarchy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI