Editor: How to unload units on sea-transports?

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

Erik2

Editor: How to unload units on sea-transports?

Post by Erik2 »

For testing purposes I gave the SFT destroyer unit a really large cargo capacity.

1) First I used the load button to load all 5 land units in the top part of the screenshot.
There appears to be no max number of SFTs allowed as long as you have cargo capacity left.

2) In the middle screenshot the unload button is inactive and the land units seem to have disappeared.

3) The bottom screenshot show one of the land units in the His screen. Note that the loaction is (-1,-1), ie outside the map.

So, how do I unload the units?

Thanks
Erik

Attachments
Seatransport4.jpg
Seatransport4.jpg (425.44 KiB) Viewed 188 times
ernieschwitz

RE: Editor: How to unload units on sea-transports?

Post by ernieschwitz »

Have you tried starting the turn, and seeing if the button still is inactive? It may be that the editor is just simply not wired to unload stuff... while the game is... if that makes any sense.

And what you are seeing about location (-1,-1) might simply be how the game handles sea transport units...
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Zaratoughda

Post by Zaratoughda »

In ATG... you can't unload a unit in the same turn that you load it... UNLESS you are in or move to a port.

Possible FWTP works the same way.
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

ORIGINAL: Zaratoughda

In ATG... you can't unload a unit in the same turn that you load it... UNLESS you are in or move to a port.

Possible FWTP works the same way.

That is indeed correct. I've been playing around in Case Blue to try and do a German landing from the Kerch peninsula into the Kuban, and have reached the conclusion that, since one has to move the barges next to the landing zone, then wait a turn to land them, that such a move isn't really a good idea... Especially as one can only start getting supply when one takes a port, and the defender essentially has one turn to reinforce any ports before one even lands.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I can understand that you need to be in/next to a port to unload in the game itself.
But having the same restrictions in the editor means the scenario designer cannot undo loading the units. If you saved the scenario you're basically screwed.

Also, there is no indication that the sea transports have loaded any units. So you need to keep track of this outside the editor...
I think these issues should be fixed in the upcoming simple editor.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi there,

Sorry for your troubles, i never thought of creating a scenario with loaded units at start my self, hence the problem.

I have uploaded a special new beta build for you v1.51e:
http://www.vrdesigns.nl/WarsawToParis151e.zip

It should fix your problem.

Dont hesitate to notify me in the future. Some things are easily fixed and I like to help any scenario creators.

By the way when you distribute you might want to switch on NoAIAdvice in general settings so players cannot accidently turn the AI on.

The simple editor is something thats not that simple though... but I am working on it. It could take quite some time though before a DC game will see its inclusion.

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Hi Vic

Most scenarios with amphibious invasion would probably need loaded units at start.
You would not want to play a Torch scenario where you had to load all Allied units in the US/Britain and move them manualle to the North African coast...

Thanks for the special beta, really appreciates it.
This fixes the 'invisible' loaded units and they can debark.
Edit: In the editor you need to allow loaded units to disembark on a sea hex so you can put them in the same hex as the seatransport.
And it looks very nice as well [:)]

But when I try to test-run the scenario, it crashes with an unhandled exception whenever I click on a sea-transport with loaded units.
Erik

Attachments
Loadedunits.jpg
Loadedunits.jpg (226.03 KiB) Viewed 188 times
Vic

Post by Vic »

@erik,

maybe it is the HQs on the transports that causes the bug?

anyway i'll need your scenario file to catch the bug.

Please bear with me and help me make the scenario editor capable of what you are trying to do.

send your files too: vic@xs4all.nl

i'll then try to get a new beta build asap to you so you can continue again.

sorry for the hassle.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I´m just glad for the support i get in situations like these, Vic, I for one am grateful :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Hi Vic

You got mail.

I'll second ernieschwitz, great support.

Erik

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”