Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two Questions...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Two Questions... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two Questions... - 2/13/2013 12:15:56 AM   
tjhkkr

(1) Is there a way to turn off and on the hyper-deny on 'as needed basis'?

(2) More system oriented: is there an issue with how much music one can have in that folder before performs begins to lag?

Thank you...

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 2/13/2013 12:16:14 AM >

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Post #: 1
RE: Two Questions... - 2/13/2013 4:19:40 AM   
Darkspire

1. Pass

2. I did have some lag with the MP3's so I converted them to WAV and then converted them to 128KBPs and the lag went, also stopped the annoying stopping sometimes of music after the mood music in diplomacy as a bonus. At the moment I have 96 tracks in there.

Would be great if you could just put shortcuts to the files in the music folder from your music folder so that the folder doesn't take so much room.

Darkspire

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 2
RE: Two Questions... - 2/14/2013 7:54:21 AM   
feelotraveller

1) I don't think so.  Not sure why you would want to?

2) I've currently got 218 mp3 tracks (1.95Gb) in my customisation and have not noticed any lag on my oldish laptop.  I do have the distinct impression that some of the tracks never play, and some play infuriatingly often.  Might try Darkspire's advice to try and eradicate the strange stoppages of music I get sometimes though. 

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 3
RE: Two Questions... - 2/14/2013 12:43:46 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: feelotraveller
2) I've currently got 218 mp3 tracks (1.95Gb) in my customisation and have not noticed any lag on my oldish laptop.  I do have the distinct impression that some of the tracks never play, and some play infuriatingly often.  Might try Darkspire's advice to try and eradicate the strange stoppages of music I get sometimes though. 

Believe it or not, I know how to fix this... though I am not 100% sure of the root cause...

When you enter a zone in the game that has a sound effect attached, the music is paused.
I have found to correct it that I must zoom in 100% as close as I can and well away from a zone that has a sound effect, and then unzoom. This seems to unpause the music

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to feelotraveller)
Post #: 4
RE: Two Questions... - 2/14/2013 2:29:58 PM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: feelotraveller

Believe it or not, I know how to fix this... though I am not 100% sure of the root cause...

When you enter a zone in the game that has a sound effect attached, the music is paused.
I have found to correct it that I must zoom in 100% as close as I can and well away from a zone that has a sound effect, and then unzoom. This seems to unpause the music

Never had that happen, I don't play with the story events on,maybe that is where that comes from? I was on about the diplomacy mood music, it sometimes used to forget to play the theme soundtrack again when you clicked 'goodbye', you had to go into diplomacy, select a race then click 'goodbye' again to get it to continue playing the track.

Darkspire

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 5
RE: Two Questions... - 2/14/2013 8:07:12 PM   
tjhkkr

Maybe we should move the whole thread over to the trouble thread... :)
Sounds like this is a minor problem, but many of us have it...

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 6
RE: Two Questions... - 2/14/2013 10:10:19 PM   
Igard

I've also noticed the music cutting out for short periods after the diplomacy screen music. Sometimes takes a while for it to come back, other times it's only a few seconds.

The Picard Era for Distant Worlds

Igard's Romulan Stormbird

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 7
RE: Two Questions... - 2/15/2013 1:45:43 AM   
tjhkkr

Anyway to put this into the trouble ticket thread?
A minor problem to be sure... but...

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 8
RE: Two Questions... - 2/15/2013 1:25:19 PM   
feelotraveller

I put my problem in a tech support thread last year http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3178838 but it never had any replies or comments.  It sounds like it may well be the same as your problem tjkkr but could well be different from (although possibly related to) Darkspire's.  Next time I play I will be sure to try your suggestion tjkkr.  If that fails I'll give Darkspire's a whirl.  Options...

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Two Questions... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI