Miri port size

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Pocketwatch

Miri port size

Post by Pocketwatch »

I notice that Miri has port size 2(0), making it impossible to expand past size 3. I assume there is a good explanation, but I haven't found any information in forum searches or by googling. It seems odd that it would be impossible to build a mid-sized port anywhere in the hex.
n01487477

RE: Miri port size

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Pocketwatch

I notice that Miri has port size 2(0), making it impossible to expand past size 3. I assume there is a good explanation, but I haven't found any information in forum searches or by googling. It seems odd that it would be impossible to build a mid-sized port anywhere in the hex.
Andrew Brown is the one to ask as he looks(ed) after the mapping. From Google Maps, it looks pretty much like a Port(3) to me. Don't like it you already have the editor and Brunei is adjacent with a larger capacity. Yes, Oil and Fuel will flow there if you expand Brunei, but you miss out on the Oil and Oil Ref port load multiplier.

Attachments
Miri.jpg
Miri.jpg (172.57 KiB) Viewed 54 times
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Damian,

Agree with you again.  In the context of the 30's/40's and the technology of load oil, Miri wasn't that great of the location.  Spin forward 70 years and technology allows for offshore loading platforms that can make almost any location an effective lvl 9 port for oil loading.  But that wasn't around in 1940 ...
Pax
Pocketwatch

Post by Pocketwatch »

Thanks for the advice. I think I will change the port to SPS 2. Hopefully the AI will recognize and expand the port once it gets there.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”