scenario editor problem

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Gem35

scenario editor problem

Post by Gem35 »

Hi gang, if anyone still is around to answer a questiom please.[&o]

I am using witp version 1.806 patch and just want to extend the length of guadalcanal scenario.
I opened the scenario editor and loaded up guad scenario and changed number of turns to 250 and saved it to slot 30 and renamed it.
I then opened the darabase editor and saved it to slot 30.

if i close and re open both editors, the new scenario is shown in slot 30 and both editors can load that slot 30 scenario up.
If i go to launch that scenario in game , there is nothing shown in slot 30 to launch.

What am I missing here? I looked around the site and could not find anything related to my issue.
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
BPRE

RE: scenario editor problem

Post by BPRE »

Hi,

I tried the same thing and it worked fine.

I opened Scen 5 Guad in the scenario editor. Changed the number of turns to 250 and saved as scen 30.
Opened Scen 5 Guad in the Database editor and saved as Scen 30.

When I start the game (Head-to-head) I can see a scen 30, when I click on Scenario Selection, with the name "none" (as I never bothered to rename it). I can choose it and start the game

I have 10 new files in directory C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\SCEN on my PC. They are named scn030.cmt, wpa030.dat, wpc030.dat, wpd030.dat, wpg030.dat, wph030.dat, wpl030.dat, wpp030.dat, wps030.dat and cam030.dat.

Did you save them in that directory? I never changed so it is the default directory that opens but if you have installed your game differently than the default it could be a problem possibly.

/BPRE
Gem35

Post by Gem35 »

Thanks for your post. I have in fact the same ten files in the same directory you listed. It's default loaded as well. I haven't changed the way I installed the game. Something must be missing.....
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
BPRE

Post by BPRE »

You said you did rename the scenario? I noticed that as I didn't bother to do it it was named "none" and it says "None" on every line which has no scenario stored. Easy to miss. Try clicking on scenario 30 and the Select Scenario button and see what happens.

/BPRE
Gem35

Post by Gem35 »

I tried. It says none on all even though I renamed it. I tried to load it and get " failed to load message"

[center]Image[/center]
BPRE

Post by BPRE »

That's what I get too if I try to load a non-existing scenario. If you want to verify that those new files are in the same directory on the PC that WitP is trying to load scenario files from you can move the file called scn001.cmt from there (to PATCHES for instance).
After that you start WitP and try to load Scenario 1 (Tutorial). In fact it should be listed as None in this case.
If it is listed as None you have verified the directory the game expects to find Scen 030 in so that's is not the problem.

If you still can see a Scen 001 Tutorial after moving that file WitP is looking at another directory and that would explain why you can't find the new scenario.

Regards
BPRE

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”