Building 1/700 - 1/350 ships

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

U2

Building 1/700 - 1/350 ships

Post by U2 »

Hi all,

going to start a thread where I (and hopefully others) can show the ship kits they build and paint. Right now I am building a 1/700 IJN Nenohi 1933 outfit.

Cheers
Dan
wdolson

RE: Building 1/700 - 1/350 ships

Post by wdolson »

It's been quite some time since I actually built any 1/700 scale ship kits, but I do have quite a few of them as well as several 1/350 scale kits I've got in my stash.

Maybe a thread about them will stir into some kind of action.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

fotos?
Pax
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

..or you could post in the General Discussion forum. On page 2 there is a thread called "The Things Grown Men Do".

Someone is building a model of HMS Warspite and has posted a couple of pictures of progress so far [:)]

Attachments
Warspite3.jpg
Warspite3.jpg (132.28 KiB) Viewed 679 times
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

And a bit more progress last weekend

Attachments
Warspite4.jpg
Warspite4.jpg (111.55 KiB) Viewed 677 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

...and a tiny bit of progress this weekend, although not as much as I had hoped.

Attachments
warspite5.jpg
warspite5.jpg (92.29 KiB) Viewed 677 times

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

I just built a 1/1200 model of Titanic with my sons so my eldest can use it in a project for class. It is TINY!

Our next REAL project is a 1/700 Bismarck. THIS looks like fun!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Blind Sniper

Post by Blind Sniper »

Great job Warspite, clean assembling phase, is it a Tamiya model?
WitP-AE - WitE - CWII - BASPM - BaB

[center]Image[/center]
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I don't believe Tamiya ever released a Warspite. Trumpeter released a 1/350 Warspite in the last year or so.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Blind Sniper

Post by Blind Sniper »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

I don't believe Tamiya ever released a Warspite. Trumpeter released a 1/350 Warspite in the last year or so.

Bill

I think you are right, maybe Academy.

[center]Image[/center]
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: Blind Sniper
ORIGINAL: wdolson

Bill

I think you are right, maybe Academy.

BS: I love your Footer! Can you Post that on a full Screenshot? Would like to read it full-sized.

Blind Sniper

Post by Blind Sniper »

As you wish [:)]

[center]Image[/center]
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

On the subject of plastic models. I have several Japanese 1/700 CVs. For those in the group that have done this in the past, how do you represent the wooden decks? I have found just painting them a single color with a darker wash brings out the individual wood details, but it is still just one color. I know those decks had a variable wood color and had marks from engines warming up, tire marks, etc. I have thought about some colored pencils, but that is going to take a bit, so if anyone has invented the wheel already, I am ready to listen!
Mundy

Post by Mundy »

I just ordered a 1/350 Benson DD, plus photoetch yesterday.  I'll have to research how to load it out in what timeframe.  I see Dragon also makes a 1940 and 1942 version of it, which would be interesting together.

Ed-
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

On the subject of plastic models. I have several Japanese 1/700 CVs. For those in the group that have done this in the past, how do you represent the wooden decks? I have found just painting them a single color with a darker wash brings out the individual wood details, but it is still just one color. I know those decks had a variable wood color and had marks from engines warming up, tire marks, etc. I have thought about some colored pencils, but that is going to take a bit, so if anyone has invented the wheel already, I am ready to listen!

I'd love someone to BUILD a Japanese CV for me and do their work so I then can play around with a NICE model and its aircraft on deck. Have currently got a 1/700 CV Shokaku and about 48 aircraft waiting for this moment...

SqzMyLemon

Post by SqzMyLemon »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

I'd love someone to BUILD a Japanese CV for me and do their work so I then can play around with a NICE model and its aircraft on deck. Have currently got a 1/700 CV Shokaku and about 48 aircraft waiting for this moment...

I'm currently building a 1:350 scale BB North Carolina for a forum member I'm currently playing in another PBEM. I'm notoriously slow though, and it's going to be some time until he finally gets it. [8|]

I have so many kits unstarted that I think I'd get more pleasure from building the kits for someone else to enjoy rather than just have them end up sitting on my shelf. I may surprise you one of these days, but glaciers move faster in the time it takes me to build them. [:D]
Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Blind Sniper

Great job Warspite, clean assembling phase, is it a Tamiya model?
warspite1

Thank-you Blind Sniper [:)]. The model is from Academy. Trumpeter did Queen Elizabeth I believe.

nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Don't look my direction, I am by no means that good. I am still learning. Getting past the mental block of not seeing an appropriate flight deck is keeping me from doing more. I, to, have lots of extra aircraft to load them up with full strikes.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Hey! I was just looking on Amazon and you can BUY the CV wood decks as a separate piece. Type in the CV Name (I did this for Akagi and Shokaku) and the option pops up on the page. The decks LOOK great! Take a look.

netjam99

Post by netjam99 »

The Warspite is coming along nicely. That is one of the best names for a ship ever!

I named one of my Line Ships that in Empire Total War. Pic is the HMS Warspite fighting the Royal French ship Spartartie

Attachments
HMSWarspi..partiate.jpg
HMSWarspi..partiate.jpg (28.52 KiB) Viewed 680 times

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”