Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

a few questions...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> a few questions... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
a few questions... - 2/10/2013 12:44:00 PM   
jnpoint

I like the ideas with 'decisions, 'politics' and 'various' possibilities, but does it have any notable impact, or is the money better spent on military units?

The maritime trade zones - is that the circular sea zones?

If I have ships in a trade zone, they generate money? Does it matter how many ships I have in one zone, I mean do they generate more money? And at last, can you attack my ships in a trade zone?

Thanks for any help.
Post #: 1
RE: a few questions... - 2/10/2013 2:31:46 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: jnpoint

I like the ideas with 'decisions, 'politics' and 'various' possibilities, but does it have any notable impact, or is the money better spent on military units?

The maritime trade zones - is that the circular sea zones?

If I have ships in a trade zone, they generate money? Does it matter how many ships I have in one zone, I mean do they generate more money? And at last, can you attack my ships in a trade zone?

Thanks for any help.

I rarely use decisions, IMO they are a waste.
You are correct about the trade zones.
More ships in the zone makes more money, but not just any ships, IIRC there are some sort of merchant vessels that start there, and it depends on the scenerio if you can buy more.

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 2
RE: a few questions... - 2/10/2013 3:25:54 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: jnpoint

yes, but it depends on the scenario. Think of them as a way to convert your EPs into other resources such as cash, NM or VPs (depending on which you chose). In some scenarios, the other asset maybe of more value to you for a particular reason than the original form. In the 4 Emperors, you need a certain NM as Vespasian to trigger the Danubian legions to your side, so any decision that pushes up your NM is worthwhile just to achieve that.

So they are different ways to shuffle your assets around and to come out with whatever is the most valuable to you in that particular scenario.

I'm currently playing one of the Birth of Rome scenarios and using those decisions that trigger VPs happens to fit my strategy.

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 3
RE: a few questions... - 2/10/2013 5:54:05 PM   
Franciscus

Just to add that there is some confusions about decisions and options

Decisions (brought by the statue and the eagle icon) have different objectives, according to each one - but the "eagle" brings the recruitment decisions - and it's only here that you can, by dragging and dropping, build new military units on the map.

Options (Military, Government, Diplomatic - F3, F4, F5), vary from scenario to scenario but can be extremely important - staging games or distributing bread to increase morale, raising more money by selling prisioners, calling a dictator, recruiting mercenaries, etc, etc. They, IMHO, give AJE/BOR the spice that makes these games different from "just" a war-game

Regards

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 4
RE: a few questions... - 2/10/2013 6:08:15 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko
I rarely use decisions, IMO they are a waste.

this really depends on the scenario, faction and your overall strategy. AJE/BOR uses 4 'resources' - EP/VP/NM and money - the decisions (ie the cards you play in individual provinces) allow you to swap those around to gain whatever you need most.

Now it may well be in a given game, you don't need to do this for some reason, but in the main you can gain quite an edge by playing those to complement or support your basic game approach

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> a few questions... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI