Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to do this

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> How to do this Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to do this - 2/8/2013 5:29:52 PM   
Twotribes

I have a slew of new units and was wondering how I could transfer them to the new ( new version) Master file without having to redo each one?
Post #: 1
RE: How to do this - 2/8/2013 7:37:41 PM   
ernieschwitz

If they are predefined units, then it´s easy. Just import them (last button in the Units screen)...

If not, then the easiest solution might be to redo them all...

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 2
RE: How to do this - 2/8/2013 7:39:40 PM   
ernieschwitz

Come to think of it, you could import the masterfile from the A New Dawn masterfile (if that is the one you are talking about) But not sure if all the officer stuff will be transferred.

Would have to test it.

< Message edited by ernieschwitz -- 2/8/2013 7:41:11 PM >

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 3
RE: How to do this - 2/8/2013 7:48:57 PM   
ernieschwitz

From my very own testing i think it can be done, I believe you might have to do some fiddling with starting leaders, but if you haven´t done anything to the order in which the SFTs come, you could import ANewDawn as masterfile and get away with it....

Post #: 4
RE: How to do this - 2/8/2013 8:52:36 PM   
Twotribes

I added new units to the end of the sft list the end of items list and in the case of research the end of the research section. I do not know what you mean by using the newdawn as a master file, I created a modified new dawn and have the original as is. I assume if I continue to use the modified one AFTER the patch I won't get the changes it will be the same or similar to the none patched game?

Post #: 5
RE: How to do this - 2/9/2013 12:11:21 AM   
ernieschwitz

You might be correct, about the changes to the game in patch 2.13 and 2.14 not being applied to the one you are using. But the way you have made your changes makes importing the masterfile an option. Let me just start up the editor and i will show you how to do it...

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 6
RE: How to do this - 2/9/2013 12:19:56 AM   
ernieschwitz

Here is a try at doing what you want. If it works, then you don´t need to redo your units at all.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7
RE: How to do this - 2/9/2013 4:13:20 AM   
lion_of_judah

so will this work for importing any units into your scenario without having to redo each of them. i mean this would save me tons of time in regards to units

Post #: 8
RE: How to do this - 2/9/2013 4:21:08 AM   
ernieschwitz

Well,

Yes and no.

What it does is it imports everything that is written in the masterfile, and overwrites those values to the current one. If you have made NO CHANGES to the values it is overwriting, then this will work. If not, then you end up with something messy, and you will have to redo alot of work.

And when i mean everything, that includes landscapes, graphics, eventpictures etc. etc.

So it is something to use with alot of caution.

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 9
RE: How to do this - 2/9/2013 4:22:42 AM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: lion_of_judah

so will this work for importing any units into your scenario without having to redo each of them. i mean this would save me tons of time in regards to units

To be more precise, this imports not the Units, SFTs and such you already made. Those are what is left that is not overwritten.

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> How to do this Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI