Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems in 43 Campaign (split corps in general)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Problems in 43 Campaign (split corps in general) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems in 43 Campaign (split corps in general) - 2/8/2013 3:48:43 PM   
morvael

1) When I select 112th Rifle Division (marked as part of 24th Rifle Corps) it also highlights three divisions next to Belgorod, that are part of 24th Guards Rifle Corps. Surely this is a bug in highlight code, that checks only "numbers", not full unit identity (24th RC != 24th GRC).

2) When I select said division it also higlights two rifle brigades: the 129th in the same hex and the 42nd in another. It also works the other way round. Probably the corps was made up at that time from such units, so this may be historical but it does not work with the limitations in the engine.
First - it's not listed next to brigade's name that it is part of 24th Rifle Corps.
Second - by moving all three units to single hex and selecting "build up" button, the two brigades merge into "1st Rifle Division (24th RC)". This looks like a standard "2 brigades into 1 division" buildup, though it retains the "parent corps" information. It's impossible to rebuild the full corps now, as it only has two out of it's three components.
Third - it's possible to take one division of the 24th GRC and use it to build up 24th RC. So as the highlight code has a bug, so the buildup code has the same bug. It makes parts of 24th RC and 24th GRC interchangeable. Upon breakdown the division that was formerly part of GRC is now marked as part of RC.

To sum it up:
1) a bug should be fixed in highlight code and buildup code that allows to mix parts of parent units if their name is the same.
2) if a brigade is part of a corps (due to scenario designer making so) it must be marked as such in unit detail box and should allow proper buildup of said corps (unless it's impossible to do so - then, the scenario should be edited to not contain such 1 div + 2 brig corps).

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Problems in 43 Campaign (split corps in general) - 2/8/2013 3:56:21 PM   
morvael

From what I see in the editor, the divisions are properly marked as "Corps 24 Guards 0" and "Corps 24 Guards 1" but the highlight/buildup code doesn't take "Guards" into account. Also, the values are hidden for the rifle brigades so the data must have either been set using CSV export/import or in an old version of the application, where those values were shown in the editor.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems in 43 Campaign (split corps in general) - 2/8/2013 7:57:24 PM   
morvael

Another problem I see is that it's impossible to rebuild a split Mountain Corps.

edit: if they are a "scenario only" unit, impossible to build up - they should be prevented from splitting.

< Message edited by morvael -- 2/8/2013 7:58:57 PM >

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 3
RE: Problems in 43 Campaign (split corps in general) - 2/12/2013 1:55:27 PM   
elmo3

Added to the list as a low priority. BG0124.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Problems in 43 Campaign (split corps in general) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI