BB Repair in Reverse

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

dcpollay

BB Repair in Reverse

Post by dcpollay »

Here's my latest situation. I have the BB Arizona in Pearl Harbor in the shipyard repairing from the 12/7 attack. For the past ten turns or so the repair day estimate has been moving up rather than down. At first I thought it was because there were other ships moving into the shipyard, but some are moved out now, and the days are still climbing (from under 200 at one point to 217 now).

I did notice that when I hover over the Arizona's name, a message pops up that there are "two days refitting repairs." Could the refit be causing the days to go up? And in two days, should the day count start to go down again? If not, I plan to take the BB out of the port and put it back in to "reset" the repair mode. That will take time, of course.

I'm sure I saw a thread on this from awhile back, but can't find it now. Any help would be appreciated.
"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.
Bullwinkle58

RE: BB Repair in Reverse

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

You had Upgrade=Yes and it triggered while it was under repair. You got a message to this effect in the daily reports. Once it enters upgrade cycle you cannot reset it. You are stuck, sir.
The Moose
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Also, be advised that the repair estimates are only that and are subject to change for various reasons. Sometimes they go up and sometimes they go down.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Also, be advised that the repair estimates are only that and are subject to change for various reasons. Sometimes they go up and sometimes they go down.

Due to everything else coming and going in the port, changes of priority, etc. The ship repair sub-game is genius.
The Moose
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

Naval Support, and port adds to overall repair points at base, so if some ships with 1-2 points of Sys damage suddenly ended in port they will suck those support for short time, if your BB do not have higher priority repair.

If you need first to repair non-major damages, it could be quicker to actually get ship out of yard for this, and set the rest for higher priority (and yard usage).
adsoul64

Post by adsoul64 »

I strongly advice everyone to go through Alfred repair guide here a great tool indeed
dcpollay

Post by dcpollay »

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I knew there were things that could change the estimates, like new ships entering repair, but the extent I sustained (almost two weeks consistently rising)seemed like too much.

I had also read somewhere that the refit would lock me into the shop. Fortunately, I see it's moving the right direction again, it took a 3-day jump down the last turn.

I also should have susptected that Alfred had a Repair Guide.[:)] I'll read through that to save the trip next time.
"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.
czert2

Post by czert2 »

I readed whole repair guide and i will love two thinks impemented :
1. if they split repair priority to two things :
a)repair prioirity - which will affect only ship repair list, no longer seting many ships on low priority if you want some ships repaired first ad dont have resources to pay for high/critical priority
b)repair speed normal/accelared (aka high priroty)/fastest (or max) (aka critical priority).

2.if they display more info - like repair points generated , needed  and avaivable + max size (value) of weapon repairable.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Here is what I imagine Arthur's brain looks like (not life size)

Attachments
humanbrai.._600x450.jpg
humanbrai.._600x450.jpg (49.95 KiB) Viewed 22 times

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”