Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Next destination: space.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> Next destination: space. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Next destination: space. - 2/8/2013 9:42:05 AM   
Philkian

"We are going to the moon, we shall go to the planets, we shall travel to the stars just as today we go from Liverpool to New York, easily, rapidly, surely, and the oceans of space will be crossed like the seas of the moon".
Jules Verne, From the Earth to the Moon, Ch. XIX (1865)

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is the ultimate game of space exploration. Releasing on PC, Mac and iPad in June this year, this exciting title will take players on a journey of exploration and space conquest from the dawn of human spaceflight to modern space exploration vehicles and on to the future.

To ensure the accuracy and authenticity of the game it is being developed in consultation with Dr. Buzz Aldrin, former U.S. Air Force combat pilot (66 missions in Korea) and NASA astronaut, who took part in the first Moon landing mission and became the second human being to walk on the Moon.

"Working with Buzz Aldrin in this project is a fascinating journey", said Ignacio Liverotti, Lead Developer at Polar Motion, developer of the game. "As a fan of space exploration, it's a dream to be able to work on such an exciting title and having Dr. Aldrin as a consultant".

In Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager players are in charge of carefully managing the agency's budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions. Road to the Moon is the first chapter in a series of three engaging games that will take players on a fantastic journey.

"We have been branching out to new platforms and settings recently", said Iain McNeil, Development Director of the Slitherine Group. "Games such as Commander: the Great War and Battle Academy on iPad prove we can expand our audience by widening our range of titles. Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is certainly a great example on how we can attract new players, but stick to our roots of intelligent gameplay and in-depth, well researched content".

Game Features

•Manage all aspects of your fledgling space agency from the 1950’s through to the Lunar landings in the first episode. Later episodes will add a permanent space station in Earth orbit all the way to the ultimate goal – a Manned Mission to Mars!
•Create space programs and launch missions inspired by real programs such as the X-15 Space plane and the Sputnik satellite through to the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo manned spacecrafts and more!
•Research and develop hundreds of mission components from 40 different program categories.
•Develop your facility with advanced structures and upgrades including the Vehicle Assembly Building, the Mission Control Center and the Observatory.
•Recruit and train astronaut candidates and assign them to missions.
•Assemble an elite team of Scientists, Engineers, Technicians and Flight Controllers for the best chance of success.
•Manage your agency's extensive budget.
•Components can cause catastrophic failures. You must decide whether to abort or push on with each mission.
•Vast amounts of research ensure the huge database includes missions that launched and many more that never left the drawing board!
•In Campaign Mode, manage your agency while pandering to the requirements of government to keep your position as Director!
•Play in Sand Box mode to manage your budget with no politics involved.
•Hundreds of components built in 3D and rendered out in exquisite detail allow you to follow the progress of your missions.
•A historic advisor gives background information on the real missions and astronauts throughout the game.
•Designed in consultation with Dr. Buzz Aldrin, Apollo 11 Lunar Module Pilot and the second human being to set foot on the Moon.

For more information, check out the product page.

< Message edited by Nacho84 -- 10/31/2013 1:02:05 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Next destination: space. - 2/8/2013 7:14:50 PM   
fremen

One of my favorite games of all times with a new face! Great news.
Will be the game video replays like the original or a new concept of animated background?

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 2
RE: Next destination: space. - 2/9/2013 4:32:06 AM   
EleSigma

Very nice, I read on a blog that this would be split into three separate games for each era. Is this true?

(in reply to fremen)
Post #: 3
RE: Next destination: space. - 2/11/2013 10:42:42 AM   
Iain McNeil

Yes the first stage is the Road to the Moon, then the International Space Station and then on to Mars!

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to EleSigma)
Post #: 4
RE: Next destination: space. - 2/11/2013 1:35:17 PM   
Blind Sniper

Wow!!!
Looking forward to this project!

What about the overall complexity?

@Fremen: in the meantime you can finish your beautiful ship artworks for WitP-AE

Advanced Squad Leader; Grand Tactical Series; Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager; War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

(in reply to Iain McNeil)
Post #: 5
RE: Next destination: space. - 2/11/2013 2:20:52 PM   
fremen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blind Sniper

Wow!!!
Looking forward to this project!

What about the overall complexity?

@Fremen: in the meantime you can finish your beautiful ship artworks for WitP-AE

Finish? Those bitmaps are finished years ago...
I lost my webpage to host'em but i can send you the pack if you give me a mail.

(in reply to Blind Sniper)
Post #: 6
RE: Next destination: space. - 2/12/2013 7:28:30 PM   
pdwest64

This is great! I still have my cd-rom version of BARIS and the strategy guide. It was one-of-a-kind then; glad to see you guys are taking on this project. You have my support.

(in reply to fremen)
Post #: 7
RE: Next destination: space. - 2/20/2013 9:40:08 PM   
Nacho84

quote:

ORIGINAL: pdwest64

This is great! I still have my cd-rom version of BARIS and the strategy guide. It was one-of-a-kind then; glad to see you guys are taking on this project. You have my support.

Thank you!

I'm sure you'll love this game!

(in reply to pdwest64)
Post #: 8
RE: Next destination: space. - 2/20/2013 9:53:45 PM   
Nacho84

Sorry for my late reply, I'm trying to catch up with all the activity in the forums

quote:

ORIGINAL: fremen

One of my favorite games of all times with a new face! Great news.
Will be the game video replays like the original or a new concept of animated background?

Glad you liked the original game! I'm sure you'll like this game as well!

Can you elaborate a little bit more on your question? I'm afraid I didn't understand it.

(in reply to fremen)
Post #: 9
RE: Next destination: space. - 2/20/2013 11:44:08 PM   
jcjordan

I assume his question is on the video replays you saw during each step of a mission execution of whether that step was successful or a failure. From what I see above I assume that answer would be, to a certain extent yes but updated artwork would be shown

See post #4 in this topic if that's what he's wondering about

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3266263

< Message edited by jcjordan -- 2/20/2013 11:45:25 PM >

(in reply to Nacho84)
Post #: 10
RE: Next destination: space. - 2/21/2013 6:48:45 AM   
fremen

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

I assume his question is on the video replays you saw during each step of a mission execution of whether that step was successful or a failure. From what I see above I assume that answer would be, to a certain extent yes but updated artwork would be shown

Yes, this was my question.

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 11
RE: Next destination: space. - 2/21/2013 6:28:13 PM   
Nacho84

quote:

ORIGINAL: fremen

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

Yes, this was my question.

Oh, I see! We won't be using stock footage like BARIS did, we'll be using our own artwork instead which will feature some animation elements. This way, we are able to provide a consistent look across the whole game.

(in reply to fremen)
Post #: 12
RE: Next destination: space. - 8/22/2013 12:16:47 AM   
Anthropoid

Looks like a lot of fun! Been playing Kerbal Space Program quite a bit lately. How will this compare to that? Obviously much more historical and realistic in content, but in terms of game play (direct control of rockets? rocket designer?, etc.)

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Nacho84)
Post #: 13
RE: Next destination: space. - 8/22/2013 12:41:36 AM   
Nacho84

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

Looks like a lot of fun! Been playing Kerbal Space Program quite a bit lately. How will this compare to that? Obviously much more historical and realistic in content, but in terms of game play (direct control of rockets? rocket designer?, etc.)

Hello Anthropoid,

Glad you liked it! The emphasis on SPM is more on the management side, playing historical missions and some famous concepts that never left the drawing board (e.g., a Direct Ascent using a modified Gemini capsule). Unlike KSP, you won't be able to build or control your stack of components, but there's plenty of mission configurations to choose from. And, when all three parts of the game get released, you'll have one mammoth of a game with tons of options to choose from!

Cheers,

Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 14
RE: Next destination: space. - 8/22/2013 3:43:05 PM   
Anthropoid

Sounds terrific!

Will definitely keep my eyes open for the alpha release on this one and grab it as soon as I can :)

Not to distract or anything, but . . . while I got your attention, just wanted to plant a (maybe) long-term seed in your mind

I was a big Civilization fan up through Civ4. Never even bothered with Civ5. Another one that I found more recently that is incredible is the Supreme Ruler series (an accurate Earth map broken down into 15miles hexes!?!?!?!). This probably is far beyond the scope of SPM, but just in case you don't have any ideas about what to do after SPM goes double-platinum Imagine:

A builder/strategy/4x game in which the player starts in control of a paleolithic tribe (ala Civ). You must build your first settlements, compete against other bands, foster your elders oral traditions to develop your "technology" essentially a souped up version of Civ but with the improved map of SR. When you get to the space age, the game features play elements more along the lines of a KSP or SPM or some awesome combination of the two! and _then!_ once you've established an stable extraterrestrial presence in your home system and embarked on interstellar exploration, the game includes features more along the lines of Distant Worlds or Galactic Civilizations.

In sum, the Big Momma of all strategy-builder-4x games all in one! I think a good title for the game would be "Intrepid Ascendance"

Yes I know, it is unrealistic and no I'm not 'asking you to make it' . . . just wanted to share the dream

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nacho84

quote:

Hello Anthropoid,

Glad you liked it! The emphasis on SPM is more on the management side, playing historical missions and some famous concepts that never left the drawing board (e.g., a Direct Ascent using a modified Gemini capsule). Unlike KSP, you won't be able to build or control your stack of components, but there's plenty of mission configurations to choose from. And, when all three parts of the game get released, you'll have one mammoth of a game with tons of options to choose from!

Cheers,

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Nacho84)
Post #: 15
RE: Next destination: space. - 8/22/2013 5:56:01 PM   
Swedewolf

Good dream

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 16
RE: Next destination: space. - 8/29/2013 8:54:15 AM   
Nacho84

quote:

Imagine:

A builder/strategy/4x game in which the player starts in control of a paleolithic tribe (ala Civ). You must build your first settlements, compete against other bands, foster your elders oral traditions to develop your "technology" essentially a souped up version of Civ but with the improved map of SR. When you get to the space age, the game features play elements more along the lines of a KSP or SPM or some awesome combination of the two! and _then!_ once you've established an stable extraterrestrial presence in your home system and embarked on interstellar exploration, the game includes features more along the lines of Distant Worlds or Galactic Civilizations.

In sum, the Big Momma of all strategy-builder-4x games all in one! I think a good title for the game would be "Intrepid Ascendance"

Yes I know, it is unrealistic and no I'm not 'asking you to make it' . . . just wanted to share the dream

Sounds daunting! We have some plans for the future, but it all depends on how well will SPM do

Cheers,

--Ignacio

Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> Next destination: space. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI