Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Falcon's Complete Vanilla Scenario Folder

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Falcon's Complete Vanilla Scenario Folder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Falcon's Complete Vanilla Scenario Folder - 2/7/2013 9:20:54 PM   
Falcon1

This is for everyone who has not made it over to the Depot to see the scenario super-zip file that I created.

Finally here it is! This is a link to download a ZIP file (46 meg) that contains all the vanilla scenarios that I have.

http://www.mediafire.com/?t9hashh63dh1xi1

Installation is simple - delete everything in your scenario folder, including any SPECxx.TXT files if they are there. If you have any non-vanilla scenarios loaded, save those elsewhere. Then, unzip this file into your scenario folder. That's it! You are done.

I added every scenario I could find, 971 so far! I renumbered them to display neatly, trying to keep scenarios together that are part of a series. I edited the CMT files so that the in-game scenario list will show the actual scenario names from the TXT file. I did not edit any TXT files.

A project this size is bound to have errors. Let me know if you find any and I will fix them up as quickly as possible.

1. Duplicate scenarios - I did my best not to include any duplicates in the collection, but this was very difficult. Several factors made it hard to spot duplicates. There were MANY mis-spellings in the CMT and TXT files. Many scenarios have a different name in the CMT, TXT, and ZIP files. Very often the same scenario was available in different places with different names. If you spot any duplicates in the collection, let me know.

2. Non-vanilla scenarios - My intention is to include only scenarios that do not use any modified OOB or SHP files. This way you can be sure that any scenario that you load will work with the plain vanilla version of the game. But, some people are not very clear about labeling their scenarios for the proper version. If you see a scenario that requires a mod, let me know.

3. Broken scenarios - I loaded many of the scenarios, especially the older ones, to make sure they started up correctly and looked OK initially. But obviously I couldn't completely check every one. If you find a scenario that doesn't work properly, let me know.

4. Missing scenarios - Due to the sheer number of scenarios out there, I will never find them all. If you know of a vanilla scenario that is not in the collection, let me know. No "rumors" please. Just let me know if you can send it to me or show me where to get it. Also, there are a few scenarios out there that are only available to play with mods, such as the enhanced mod. If anyone who knows how, wants to convert them to 8.x, then I will include them.

Also, feel free to nitpick, such as telling me about spelling errors in the CMT files, screw ups in the scenario numbering, or scenario slots left empty.

< Message edited by Falcon1 -- 2/7/2013 9:21:45 PM >

Steel Panthers - World at War
The Operational Art of War III
Commander - Europe at War
Post #: 1
RE: Falcon's Complete Vanilla Scenario Folder - 8/11/2013 11:23:28 PM   
gRaider2001

Thank you very much

"I will write of him who fights and vanquishes his sins, who struggles on through weary years against himself … and wins." -Caroline Begelow Lerow

(in reply to Falcon1)
Post #: 2
RE: Falcon's Complete Vanilla Scenario Folder - 1/20/2014 8:36:26 PM   
chemkid

TY!

cheers!
chem!

(in reply to gRaider2001)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Falcon's Complete Vanilla Scenario Folder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI