Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Goodnight

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Goodnight Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Goodnight - 2/15/2013 6:07:58 AM   
Chickenboy

Good morning, warspite1.

I've no idea what on Earth you're talking about, but it sounds as though you're pleased with some events that transpired over the past 24 hours of some sort. For that I'm pleased.

Just a thought about your sporting event that may make it more popular 'cross the pond'? If you could speak English in reciting events as they unfurled, that may improve the appeal somewhat. Just a thought.

Cheers, etc.

Chickenboy

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 121
RE: Goodnight - 2/15/2013 6:56:25 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Good morning, warspite1.

I've no idea what on Earth you're talking about, but it sounds as though you're pleased with some events that transpired over the past 24 hours of some sort. For that I'm pleased.

Just a thought about your sporting event that may make it more popular 'cross the pond'? If you could speak English in reciting events as they unfurled, that may improve the appeal somewhat. Just a thought.

Cheers, etc.

Chickenboy
warspite1

And a jolly good morning to you too Chickenboy!

Well let me see now - what happened last night in terms you can understand?

Last night was the first of a home and away Europa League soccer game between Olympique Lyonnais (they are from France...er France is in Europe next door to Germany) and England's Tottenham Hotspur (The Spurs).

The crowd was large and there were the usual chants from the opposing support - "Go The Spurs" and "Allez Lyon" were regularly heard between munching on hot-dogs and drinking soda.

Although the Spurs were the Home Team and are having a winning season, Lyon are having even more of a winning season in their own domestic league. Lyon are an experienced team when it comes to European soccer, and although The Spurs had no true freshmen, they do have a young squad.

The French team were well organised, using a nickelback defense to counter the Spurs offensive play, and had plenty of trick play. They were happy just to run out the clock. The Spurs did not play well and there were too many turnovers, although in the first half Kyle Walker was successfully employed in the scatback role on a couple of occasions.

Spurs employed their utility man, Gareth Bale as a tweener, but to little effect as the French defence was solid and The Spurs had alot of ineffective play. The French team employed man-to-man coverage too. Only at kicks was Gareth Bale truly dangerous and had a dead-eye for goal from the spot. What a placekicker!

So the game finished with a 2 and 1 margin of victory for The Spurs. The game was played in the right spirit; there were no slobber-knockers I'm pleased to say.

Jolly good fun!

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 122
RE: Goodnight - 2/16/2013 6:45:34 AM   
Orm

Good morning, My Lords, Ladies.

"It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever," he said.
"Have you thought of going into teaching?"

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 123
RE: Goodnight - 2/16/2013 10:52:45 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

warspite1

Good morning young Orm. Were you in a hurry? You appear to have left mid-sentence.

Good morning my Lords, Ladies, Gentlemen and Chickenboy.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 124
RE: Goodnight - 2/16/2013 1:14:08 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

Good morning young Orm. Were you in a hurry? You appear to have left mid-sentence.

Good afternoon My Lord Warspite.

I rather think that a warm cup of tea summoned my attention and therefore I may have expressed myself a bit shorter than usual.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 125
RE: Goodnight - 2/16/2013 8:44:04 PM   
warspite1

Well I shall bid thee all Goodnight. I trust you have all had a splendid start to the weekend?

Goodnight all

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 126
RE: Goodnight - 2/16/2013 8:47:49 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Good morning Warspite1. I trust your day is shaping up well? Splendid. Splendid.

Upon further reflection, I believe Lord Chickenboy is my preferred salutation. Please make a note of it in future correspondence.

How about some fresh tea now, Governor? [rattles cup on saucer]

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 127
RE: Goodnight - 2/16/2013 9:23:02 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Good morning Warspite1. I trust your day is shaping up well? Splendid. Splendid.

Upon further reflection, I believe Lord Chickenboy is my preferred salutation. Please make a note of it in future correspondence.

warspite1

Good Evening Chickenboy. Does one have Lordships in the USA?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 128
RE: Goodnight - 2/16/2013 9:31:00 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Good mid-afternoon Lord warspite1, most high McCollegue. Yes, we have Lordships now. Our High Lord Great Never Take Responsibility Always Blame the Other Party Obama. I hear he wants to grant Lordships to the poor, for the children, since the poor provide jobs to everyone. I am a Lord in the great state of Wyoming, where we love State Lords, and of course British Lords from Uttoxeter.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 129
RE: Goodnight - 2/16/2013 9:34:48 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Good mid-afternoon Lord warspite1, most high McCollegue. Yes, we have Lordships now. Our High Lord Great Never Take Responsibility Always Blame the Other Party Obama. I hear he wants to grant Lordships to the poor, for the children, since the poor provide jobs to everyone. I am a Lord in the great state of Wyoming, where we love State Lords, and of course British Lords from Uttoxeter.
warspite1

In which case I bid you hearty felicitations my Lords Chickenboy and parusski. Tell me prey, what are your exact titles?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 130
RE: Goodnight - 2/16/2013 9:37:37 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

In which case I bid you hearty felicitations my Lords Chickenboy and parusski. Tell me prey, what are your exact titles?

I am called High Lord Defender of All Things Free, Defender of The Constitution and Prince of War.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 131
RE: Goodnight - 2/16/2013 9:43:52 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

I am called High Lord Defender of All Things Free, Defender of The Constitution and Prince of War.
warspite1

So you don't have place names like we do then?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 132
RE: Goodnight - 2/16/2013 9:57:11 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

warspite1

Good evening again warspite1. Why yes we do. I am Earl of We Don't Want No More Big Government'sville.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 133
RE: Goodnight - 2/16/2013 10:01:11 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

warspite1

warspite1

For the record I am officially:

Lord Warspite1 of Pratt's Bottom and Uttoxeter

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 134
RE: Goodnight - 2/16/2013 10:06:34 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

warspite1

warspite1

For the record I am officially:

Lord Warspite1 of Pratt's Bottom and Uttoxeter

Good evening Lord Warspite1 of Pratt's Bottom and Uttoxeter, I think it is past your bedtime.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 135
RE: Goodnight - 2/17/2013 10:06:06 AM   
warspite1

Good morning each and everyone of you!

What a beautiful day it is too here in sunny (yes I really do mean sunny) Londinium. Hope the weather is equally as nice where you are. Come to think of it, given where some of you hail from, I am sure that is the case - a whole lot warmer too .

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 136
RE: Goodnight - 2/18/2013 12:22:13 AM   
warspite1

Oh well - the end of another weekend Never mind, only five more days and we get another one Good night to you all!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 137
RE: Goodnight - 2/18/2013 12:27:50 AM   
parusski

quote:

Oh well - the end of another weekend Never mind, only five more days and we get another one Good night to you all!

I bid thee a slumberous eve Lord warspite1. As you said, just five more days.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 138
RE: Goodnight - 2/18/2013 9:05:19 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Good morning all!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 139
RE: Goodnight - 2/18/2013 2:41:20 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Good morning all!

Top of the morning to you Lord of Uttoxeter warspite1.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 140
RE: Goodnight - 2/18/2013 9:04:21 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Good morning all!

Top of the morning to you Lord of Uttoxeter warspite1.
warspite1

Why thank-you sir.

At this juncture, I shall bid you all bonne nuit

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 141
RE: Goodnight - 2/19/2013 7:42:05 AM   
warspite1

Good morning!

Another bright, if a little chilly, day ahead me thinks.

Toodle pip!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 142
RE: Goodnight - 2/19/2013 12:36:04 PM   
Chickenboy

Fair morrow, kind sir. Pardon me-would you happen to have any Grey Poupon?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 143
RE: Goodnight - 2/19/2013 1:55:22 PM   
SLAAKMAN

Enjoy a morning battle;

Tiny driver ants Vs red ants - Ant Attack - BBC wildlife
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL3sHuK3iGE

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 144
RE: Goodnight - 2/19/2013 3:12:33 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

Enjoy a morning battle;

Tiny driver ants Vs red ants - Ant Attack - BBC wildlife
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL3sHuK3iGE

I bid SLAAKMAN and Lord Pratts Bottom warspite1 a jolly good mid-morning. I am enjoying a balmy -7 Celsius, with several inches of snow expected over the next few day.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 145
RE: Goodnight - 2/23/2013 8:06:40 AM   
Orm

Good morning my Lord Warspite1, Ladies, Gentlemen.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 146
RE: Goodnight - 2/23/2013 8:28:54 AM   
warspite1

And a good morrow to you young Ormster! I trust this morn finds you well?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 147
RE: Goodnight - 2/23/2013 8:38:17 AM   
Orm

quote:

Indeed, My Lord. I can see the sun and the snow is white so it will be a bright day. Therefore I feel cheerful. And I have a nice cup of tea in front of me.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 148
RE: Goodnight - 2/23/2013 8:41:56 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Indeed, My Lord. I can see the sun and the snow is white so it will be a bright day. Therefore I feel cheerful. And I have a nice cup of tea in front of me.
warspite1

That's the spirit, what?

I am listening to Ellie Goulding (Halcyon) whilst doing the Polish MWIF units - what fun!

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 149
RE: Goodnight - 2/23/2013 8:49:06 AM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

That's the spirit, what?

I am listening to Ellie Goulding (Halcyon) whilst doing the Polish MWIF units - what fun!

Sounds fun.

If you want different background music while you concentrate on the write-ups you could try Vanessa Paradis in a acoustic concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP6eLBqqHwM

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Goodnight Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI