Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Goodnight

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Goodnight Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 7:28:00 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

Good afternoon, Warspite.

I feel a need to break the rules at once. I urge you to amend them so I can wish you a good evening later today without breaking the rules.

And is it not time to end the dutch joke?
warspite1

Good afternoon Orm old chap.

Two things if I may make so bold:

a) How did you break the rules?
b) I must reprimand you for your rather tasteless comment. Why do you consider the Dutch a joke? How sir would you choose to end them? This is most unlike you Orm and I will not have such behaviour in evidence on the Goodnight thread. Kindly desist sir or I will be forced to ban you from this thread.

With a paternal feeling of disappointment (but allied to kind regards nonetheless)

warspite1

Good evening, Warspite. Nice snowy weather this evening.

I broke rule one by not beginning the post with either a "Good Morning or Good Night". Wishing someone a "Good afternoon" cannot be considered either a "Good Morning" nor a "Good Evening".

Edit: I like the Dutch people and I do not consider them a joke. I feel it is time to move on here.
warspite1

Ahh I see.

a) Good Morning and Goodnight are but main headers, it is of course okay to use derivatives thereof.
b) Just teasing But if it offends you then yes I will strike the Dutch from the rules.

Rgds

warspite1

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 31
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 7:30:01 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen.

Rules pertaining to the Goodnight Thread.

1. All posts will begin with either Good Morning or Good Night followed by the posters sign-in name (if you are responding to a specific post). Posters will of course be allowed to use the salutation that accords with their own time zones, although GMT is the preferred time as of course it is the only correct one.

2. There will be no intolerance on this thread. Politeness will prevail at all times. People viewing this thread will come away feeling all the better for having read the posts here, posts that will be upifting in both tone and spirit.

3. This thread will be the thread to which all others aspire, it will be a shining beacon of light in an otherwise murky and often dismal world of on-line posting. Please and Thank-you will be the favoured words on this thread - foreigners please watch and learn from the English posters in the correct usage of these terms.

4. All posters are welcome, regardless of race, creed or colour (although in the name of tolerance there will definitely be NO naughty people allowed. EVER).

5. While viewing or posting on this thread there will be no:

- Drugs
- Sex
- Brazilian Peanut Brittle

Remember, we are doing this for the children, and besides, if I don't get any, I don't see why any of you lot should.

6. I trust that all who post here will take their responsibilities seriously and will uphold the values held dear by its founder.

Thank-you.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 32
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 7:59:17 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

1. All posts will begin with either Good Morning or Good Night followed by the posters sign-in name (if you are responding to a specific post). Posters will of course be allowed to use the salutation that accords with their own time zones, although GMT is the preferred time as of course it is the only correct one.

2. There will be no intolerance on this thread. Politeness will prevail at all times. People viewing this thread will come away feeling all the better for having read the posts here, posts that will be upifting in both tone and spirit.

3. This thread will be the thread to which all others aspire, it will be a shining beacon of light in an otherwise murky and often dismal world of on-line posting. Please and Thank-you will be the favoured words on this thread - foreigners please watch and learn from the English posters in the correct usage of these terms.

4. All posters are welcome, regardless of race, creed or colour (although in the name of tolerance there will definitely be NO naughty people allowed. EVER).

- Drugs
- Sex

Remember, we are doing this for the children, and besides, if I don't get any, I don't see why any of you lot should.

6. I trust that all who post here will take their responsibilities seriously and will uphold the values held dear by its founder.

Thank-you.

Right then...let's see if I can play along...

1. Good night Warspite1, old chap. What the **** are you lookin' at? (Greetings / salutations common to Chicago, CST)

2. Jolly good day for tennis, wouldn't you say? Apart from the 2' of snow expected across much of the CONUS. Still, one can't blame mother nature, what? Perhaps some canoeing and then a gay game of charades! Sunday in the park with George! Huzzah!

3. May we please move on to item #4? Thanks oh so much.

4. Hmmm...I guess this addresses my request on the previous page. Pity what.

5. Hmmm...just curious about something. I know you're British and all, but how can we do something for the children without the....you know...the unmentionable three letter word that you've noted above? I mean, we're incapable of cellular fission on the organismal level, aren't we? Plus, we've had quite enough of Prince Charles at n=1. We simply couldn't do with 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 (you get the idea) of him.

6. If we're holding our founder's dear values so dearly, why no lewd images of half-clad Australian women? If I know anything about our beloved founder, he's a randy little ****.

Oh. Sorry. I meant that he appreciates all manner of culture, civility and tits. Bugger. I meant respect, not tits. And not bugger either. I meant 'golly'.

Please accept my most humble apologies. This format is so foreign to me. It is my lifelong ambition to fit into the artificially constructed mold of stultified civil dialogue that you've so lovingly crafted for us all. With your patience and benevolence, I'll do better next time around.

Good night,

Chickenboy.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 33
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 10:17:43 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

- Drugs
- Sex

Thank-you.

Right then...let's see if I can play along...

1. Good night Warspite1, old chap. What the **** are you lookin' at? (Greetings / salutations common to Chicago, CST)

2. Jolly good day for tennis, wouldn't you say? Apart from the 2' of snow expected across much of the CONUS. Still, one can't blame mother nature, what? Perhaps some canoeing and then a gay game of charades! Sunday in the park with George! Huzzah!

3. May we please move on to item #4? Thanks oh so much.

4. Hmmm...I guess this addresses my request on the previous page. Pity what.

5. Hmmm...just curious about something. I know you're British and all, but how can we do something for the children without the....you know...the unmentionable three letter word that you've noted above? I mean, we're incapable of cellular fission on the organismal level, aren't we? Plus, we've had quite enough of Prince Charles at n=1. We simply couldn't do with 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 (you get the idea) of him.

6. If we're holding our founder's dear values so dearly, why no lewd images of half-clad Australian women? If I know anything about our beloved founder, he's a randy little ****.

Oh. Sorry. I meant that he appreciates all manner of culture, civility and tits. Bugger. I meant respect, not tits. And not bugger either. I meant 'golly'.

Please accept my most humble apologies. This format is so foreign to me. It is my lifelong ambition to fit into the artificially constructed mold of stultified civil dialogue that you've so lovingly crafted for us all. With your patience and benevolence, I'll do better next time around.

Good night,

Chickenboy.
warspite1

Good Evening Chickenboy. Thank-you for your post, although I must say, I was somewhat bemused by some of the content [chuckles to himself in that superior way that only an Englishman can truly pull off].

Fear not on the half clad ladies - there is no chance of the Australian Beauties thread going anywhere, now or for the rest of your life.

I must confess to feeling not a little vexed by the crudity exhibited in the latter part of your post. It simply will not do to have tits in this thread (parusski excepted) or indeed any buggery.

Fear not, we shall work with you - and indeed all colonials - and shower all the patience and benevolence that we have at our disposal upon you.

In short sir, we shall make gentlemen of you yet. However, should this prove a step too far, I do have a second thread that my be more to your liking.

Goodnight CB

Kindest regards

warspsite1

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 34
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 10:33:26 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Good night, Warspite.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 35
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 10:37:53 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Good night, Warspite.
warspite1

And I bide thee Goodnight too Mr Titanwarrior89

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 36
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 10:55:58 PM   
Lützow

Is this thread an desperate attempt to raise posting counters?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 37
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 11:00:14 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lützow

warspite1

Did you mean:

Good day warspite1. Is this thread a desperate attempt to raise posting counters?

Kind Regards

Lutzow

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 2/8/2013 11:01:36 PM >

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 38
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 11:08:03 PM   
Lützow

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Did you mean:

Good day warspite1. Is this thread a desperate attempt to raise posting counters?

Kind Regards

Lutzow

You're right. I subsequently pasted the term desperate before submitting the post and forgot to change an for a.

< Message edited by Lützow -- 2/8/2013 11:10:18 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 39
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 11:14:17 PM   
Orm

Good evening, My Lord Warspite.

It has been a splendid evening but, for me, it is time to turn in.

I bid you a good night My Lord.

"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment."

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 40
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 11:18:21 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Good evening, My Lord Warspite.

It has been a splendid evening but, for me, it is time to turn in.

I bid you a good night My Lord.
warspite1

Good night to you to Ormster. I just need to finish a few things and will be up shortly - don't wait up.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 41
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 11:18:36 PM   
Lützow

I couldn't sleep right now. Worked from 9.30 to 8 today, and now I'm having a beer or two to relax.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 42
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 11:21:04 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Did you mean:

Kind Regards

Lutzow

You're right. I subsequently pasted the term desperate before submitting the post and forgot to change an for a.

warspite1

Lützow old bean, you are just not getting it. It should have been:

warspite1 old chap, I am afraid I pasted the term desperate before submitting the post. In my haste I quite forgot to change the an for an a. Silly me!

Kind regards

Lützow

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 43
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 11:22:59 PM   
warspite1

quote:

I couldn't sleep right now. Worked from 9.30 to 8 today, and now I'm having a beer or two to relax.
warspite1

Lützow - consider yourself warned. Play by the rules or not at all - I shan't tell you again.

Thank-you

warspite1

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 44
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 11:37:44 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Lützow - consider yourself warned. Play by the rules or not at all - I shan't tell you again.

Thank-you

warspite1

warspite1, my McCollegue and nemesis, how doth the fare this even tide? Thou hath morphed into a royal pain in our collective bottoms, me Lord, Sir.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 45
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 11:40:58 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Thank-you

warspite1

warspite1, my McCollegue and nemesis, how doth the fare this even tide? Thou hath morphed into a royal pain in our collective bottoms, me Lord, Sir.
warspite1

Good Evening parusski!

Hee hee, I believe it is the "Hey, What it is" thread that you are no doubt needing with that rather strange verbiage! Either that or you are ill....

Kind regards

warspite1

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 46
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 11:53:41 PM   
Lützow

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Thank-you

warspite1

Is that some kind of pseudo Shakespeare slang, like: "Thou shall not threaten me", or do you refuse beer?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 47
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 11:55:12 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Thank-you

warspite1

Is that some kind of pseudo Shakespeare slang, like: "Thou shall not threaten me", or do you refuse beer?

warspite1

Goodnight Lutzow....

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 48
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 11:55:57 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Thank-you

warspite1

Good evening warpsite1 and Lutzow. Lutzow my kindred spirit in the middle of Europe, we all need to play along with warspite1, he has developed an insanity brain tumor. I think he is now as ill as SLAAKMAN.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 49
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 11:57:47 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Thank-you

warspite1

Good evening warpsite1 and Lutzow. Lutzow my kindred spirit in the middle of Europe, we all need to play along with warspite1, he has developed an insanity brain tumor. I think he is now as ill as SLAAKMAN.
warspite1

I bid you goodnight parusski.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 50
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 11:59:13 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Thank-you

warspite1

warspite1

I bid you goodnight parusski.

I biddeth the a decent slumbering eve, w1.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 51
RE: Goodnight - 2/9/2013 12:00:03 AM   
Lützow

How could anybody be as ill as Slaakman?

And good'nite Warspite1, sleep well.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 52
RE: Goodnight - 2/9/2013 12:09:35 AM   
Lützow

Unfortunately, I'm running out of beer soon and gotta go to pick up some more.

Since we're talking about beer: Some years ago I got an American girlfriend who actually believed we Germans are drinking 24/7.

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 53
RE: Goodnight - 2/9/2013 12:13:47 AM   
parusski

quote:

How could anybody be as ill as Slaakman?

And good'nite Warspite1, sleep well.

How now, Lutzow. Twas an inquiry asked by the lingering crowd. Methinks some evil is afoot in the world. warspite1 hath been known to carouse with local poppets in his privy. Doth thou agree that such scandalous dalliances in yonder England hath wrought GODS wrath??

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 54
RE: Goodnight - 2/9/2013 12:16:12 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Since we're talking about beer: Some years ago I got an American girlfriend who actually believed we Germans are drinking 24/7.
warspite1

Lutzow - er...great story....How 'bout you go tell Readers Digest.......

Was your girlfriend mad? Is there even a beer called 24/7?

Anyway I bid you goodnight again....and please, if one has stories to tell regarding their copious consumption of alcoholic beverages with strange names, perhaps one could set up their own "Beer" thread per chance?

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 2/9/2013 12:19:36 AM >

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 55
RE: Goodnight - 2/9/2013 12:20:28 AM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Anyway I bid you goodnight again....and please, if one has stories to tell regarding their consumption of alcoholic beverages with strange names, perhaps one should set up their own "Beer" thread?

Glad tidings good and hardy fella. Twas but a fortnight that I partook of copious tankards of brown liquid casked in the land of Scots. A wench, who perchanced upon me, abided me forward to the tosspot.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 56
RE: Goodnight - 2/9/2013 12:25:47 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Anyway I bid you goodnight again....and please, if one has stories to tell regarding their consumption of alcoholic beverages with strange names, perhaps one should set up their own "Beer" thread?

Glad tidings good and hardy fella. Twas but a fortnight that I partook of copious tankards of brown liquid casked in the land of Scots. A wench, who perchanced upon me, abided me forward to the tosspot.
warspite1

Parusski that too is interesting beyond compare....er now go take your beer stories and post them in an especially created thread just for you and Lutzow.

Rgds

warspite1

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 57
RE: Goodnight - 2/9/2013 12:39:14 AM   
Lützow

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Anyway I bid you goodnight again....and please, if one has stories to tell regarding their copious consumption of alcoholic beverages with strange names, perhaps one could set up their own "Beer" thread per chance?

Now I'm feeling offended.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 58
RE: Goodnight - 2/9/2013 12:43:50 AM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Now I'm feeling offended.

Glad tidings Lutzow.

warspite1, thou wouldst doeth well to plug thy pie hole.

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 59
RE: Goodnight - 2/9/2013 2:30:15 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

I'll read you a bedtime story.

The Three Little Dutchman by Parruski Postalotski

I am reading The Inbred Missourian, My Life by Mo_Reb.

You mean to tell me that I missed this wonderful post?

You dirty bird.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Goodnight Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI