Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Goodnight

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Goodnight Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Goodnight - 2/7/2013 8:40:12 PM   
warspite1

Well I'm off to bed to get in a hour or so reading time.

Goodnight John Boy

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

Post #: 1
RE: Goodnight - 2/7/2013 8:48:17 PM   
Empire101

( in a folksy voice )Goodnight Warspite!!

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2
RE: Goodnight - 2/7/2013 9:24:26 PM   
Jevhaddah

Good Night Mary Ellen....

Why are yoo breathing so hard?.....

I'll get my coat

Cheers

Jev

I am really quite mad yoo know!

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 3
RE: Goodnight - 2/7/2013 10:01:35 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

I'll read you a bedtime story.

The Three Little Dutchman by Parruski Postalotski

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Jevhaddah)
Post #: 4
RE: Goodnight - 2/7/2013 11:53:49 PM   
Titanwarrior89

What are you reading?

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 5
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 4:43:03 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

I'll read you a bedtime story.

The Three Little Dutchman by Parruski Postalotski

I am reading The Inbred Missourian, My Life by Mo_Reb.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 6
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 5:30:33 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

What are you reading?
warspite1

Good Morning Titanwarrior 89. I am now on the final chapter of Castles of Steel - Finis Germanaie....hussah!

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 2/8/2013 6:53:16 AM >

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 7
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 6:04:15 AM   
warspite1

Good Morning Campers - Rise and Shine!!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 8
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 6:33:03 AM   
rogo727

Read that many years ago. I enjoyed it. I'm really getting into WWI now.
quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

What are you reading?
warspite1

I am now on the final chapter of Castles of Steel - Finis Germanaie....hussah!

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 6:46:50 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Read that many years ago. I enjoyed it. I'm really getting into WWI now.
quote:

quote:

What are you reading?
warspite1

I am now on the final chapter of Castles of Steel - Finis Germanaie....hussah!

warspite1

Good Morning rogo727. There are rules pertaining to this thread and you have fallen foul of the main one vis-a-vis you must say Good Morning (or Good Night as the situation so dictates).

Ergo and theretofore, please may I ask that you re-post your comment above, allowing for the required pre-amble? This has two effects, namely:

a) You are then strictly in accord with the polite rules that govern this thread and the gods in heaven will look kindly upon you, and
b) You are boosting your post count

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 2/8/2013 6:52:49 AM >

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 10
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 6:49:57 AM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

G'nite. Its 2AM...soon to be 3AM;

KLF - 3 a m eternal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXEOESuiYcA

Attachment (1)

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 11
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 6:52:03 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

quote:

KLF - 3 a m eternal

warspite1

Good Morning Slaakman
a) Thank-you for respecting the rules of this forum
b) Nice (if a little contrived) segue into the song title there

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 12
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 7:07:32 AM   
rogo727

Good morning mr. W! I have read that book many years ago. I am really into WW1 now. With that said.. Good nite !
quote:

quote:

What are you reading?
warspite1

Good Morning Titanwarrior 89. I am now on the final chapter of Castles of Steel - Finis Germanaie....hussah!

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 13
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 7:16:07 AM   
warspite1

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen.

Rules pertaining to the Goodnight Thread.

1. All posts will begin with either Good Morning or Good Night followed by the posters sign-in name (if you are responding to a specific post). Posters will of course be allowed to use the salutation that accords with their own time zones, although GMT is the preferred time as of course it is the only correct one.

2. There will be no intolerance on this thread. Politeness will prevail at all times. People viewing this thread will come away feeling all the better for having read the posts here, posts that will be upifting in both tone and spirit.

3. This thread will be the thread to which all others aspire, it will be a shining beacon of light in an otherwise murky and often dismal world of on-line posting. Please and Thank-you will be the favoured words on this thread - foreigners please watch and learn from the English posters in the correct usage of these terms.

4. All posters are welcome, regardless of race, creed or colour (although in the name of tolerance there will definitely be NO Crazy Dutch ******* allowed. EVER).

5. While viewing or posting on this thread there will be no:

- Drugs
- Sex
- Brazilian Peanut Brittle

Remember, we are doing this for the children, and besides, if I don't get any, I don't see why any of you lot should.

6. I trust that all who post here will take their responsibilities seriously and will uphold the values held dear by its founder.

Thank-you.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 14
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 7:40:44 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Good morning mr. W! I have read that book many years ago. I am really into WW1 now. With that said.. Good nite !
quote:

quote:

What are you reading?
warspite1

warspite1

Good Morning rogo727! How is the weather in Iowa? I am afraid it is somewhat inclement here in London! Never mind, at least it is Friday and we can look forward to two days out of the office ha ha!.

Interested to hear of your new found interest in World War I - me too. Never paid much heed to this subject before, but cannot get enough of it at the moment.

I trust you have a nice day.

Kind regards

warspite1

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 15
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 4:13:22 PM   
parusski

quote:

1. All posts will begin with either Good Morning or Good Night followed by the posters sign-in name (if you are responding to a specific post). Posters will of course be allowed to use the salutation that accords with their own time zones, although GMT is the preferred time as of course it is the only correct one.

2. There will be no intolerance on this thread. Politeness will prevail at all times. People viewing this thread will come away feeling all the better for having read the posts here, posts that will be upifting in both tone and spirit.

3. This thread will be the thread to which all others aspire, it will be a shining beacon of light in an otherwise murky and often dismal world of on-line posting. Please and Thank-you will be the favoured words on this thread - foreigners please watch and learn from the English posters in the correct usage of these terms.

4. All posters are welcome, regardless of race, creed or colour (although in the name of tolerance there will definitely be NO Crazy Dutch ******* allowed. EVER).

- Drugs
- Sex

Remember, we are doing this for the children, and besides, if I don't get any, I don't see why any of you lot should.

6. I trust that all who post here will take their responsibilities seriously and will uphold the values held dear by its founder.

Thank-you.

Good morning warspite1 from the great state of Wyoming, city of Parusskistein.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 16
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 5:54:46 PM   
Rtwfreak

quote:

What's fer breakfast?!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 17
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 6:30:09 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

- Drugs
- Sex

Thank-you.

warspite1

Good afternoon parusski and to your fellow Wyomans, er Wyomingians er....Good afternoon parusski and to your fellow residents of that fine state of Wyoming. I trust that you and yours are all in fine fettle today?

Kindest regards

warspite1

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 18
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 6:32:56 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rtwfreak

quote:

What's fer breakfast?!
warspite1

Good afternoon Rtwfreak. Sadly you have proved that there is always one......

Alas with an attitude like yours, I have to inform you that you get no breakfast. Now go to your room and stay there until you learn some manners.

Yours, rather crossly as it happens

warspite1

(in reply to Rtwfreak)
Post #: 19
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 6:42:59 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

- Drugs
- Sex

Thank-you.

warspite1

Good afternoon parusski and to your fellow Wyomans, er Wyomingians er....Good afternoon parusski and to your fellow residents of that fine state of Wyoming. I trust that you and yours are all in fine fettle today?

Kindest regards

warspite1

Why yes warspite1, we are perky, full of vigor and buoyant today. How are the stupendous folks of Uttoxeter?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 20
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 6:59:03 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

- Drugs
- Sex

Thank-you.

warspite1

Kindest regards

warspite1

Why yes warspite1, we are perky, full of vigor and buoyant today. How are the stupendous folks of Uttoxeter?
warspite1

Splendid, splendid. Glad to hear all is well!

I am unsure how the ladies and gentlemen of Uttoxeter are doing as I have never been there. However, I am pleased to report that, nothwithstanding the less than delightful weather here in south London, the demenour of the populace generally appears most agreeable. That was certainly the impression I garnered on the various modes of public transportation that carried me from my place of work, back to the loving bosom of my family this evening.

Anyway, must dash.

Kindest regards

warspite1

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 21
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 6:59:20 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

KLF - 3 a m eternal

Great tune, Slaak! Right up there with their "White Room".

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 22
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 7:01:50 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

KLF - 3 a m eternal

warspite1

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 23
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 7:02:19 PM   
warspite1

quote:

- Drugs
- Sex

Thank-you.
warspite1

A gentle reminder....

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 24
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 7:06:13 PM   
Orm

Good afternoon, Warspite.

I feel a need to break the rules at once. I urge you to amend them so I can wish you a good evening later today without breaking the rules.

And is it not time to end the dutch joke?

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress. - Captain Eric Moody

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 25
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 7:06:23 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

KLF - 3 a m eternal

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 26
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 7:12:38 PM   
Chickenboy

Being as no one here is wishing Warspite "John Boy" a pleasant sleep any longer, random musical discussions are most decidedly on topic. So there...

ETA: Ummm...Warspite1 old bean...will there be any chance of scantily clad females on this thread? It WOULD improve morale somewhat and make it more 'uplifting' what what (see rule #2). Just a thought.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 2/8/2013 7:14:54 PM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 27
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 7:14:45 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

I feel a need to break the rules at once. I urge you to amend them so I can wish you a good evening later today without breaking the rules.

warspite1

Good afternoon Orm old chap.

Two things if I may make so bold:

a) How did you break the rules?
b) I must reprimand you for your rather tasteless comment. Why do you consider the Dutch a joke? How sir would you choose to end them? This is most unlike you Orm and I will not have such behaviour in evidence on the Goodnight thread. Kindly desist sir or I will be forced to ban you from this thread.

With a paternal feeling of disappointment (but allied to kind regards nonetheless)

warspite1

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 28
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 7:18:25 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Good afternoon Orm old chap.

Two things if I may make so bold:

a) How did you break the rules?
b) I must reprimand you for your rather tasteless comment. Why do you consider the Dutch a joke? How sir would you choose to end them? This is most unlike you Orm and I will not have such behaviour in evidence on the Goodnight thread. Kindly desist sir or I will be forced to ban you from this thread.

With a paternal feeling of disappointment (but allied to kind regards nonetheless)

warspite1

Good evening, Warspite. Nice snowy weather this evening.

I broke rule one by not beginning the post with either a "Good Morning or Good Night". Wishing someone a "Good afternoon" cannot be considered either a "Good Morning" nor a "Good Evening".

Edit: I like the Dutch people and I do not consider them a joke. I feel it is time to move on here.

< Message edited by Orm -- 2/8/2013 7:19:16 PM >

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress. - Captain Eric Moody

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 29
RE: Goodnight - 2/8/2013 7:23:33 PM   
parusski

quote:

Good day Orm. How hale the superb individuals from the fair land of Sweden?

The Dutch "joke" is no Joke. Even Josh(our resident evil Dutch thing) knows his people need to be abhorred.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Goodnight Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI