Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen.
Rules pertaining to the Goodnight Thread.
1. All posts will begin with either Good Morning or Good Night followed by the posters sign-in name (if you are responding to a specific post). Posters will of course be allowed to use the salutation that accords with their own time zones, although GMT is the preferred time as of course it is the only correct one.
2. There will be no intolerance on this thread. Politeness will prevail at all times. People viewing this thread will come away feeling all the better for having read the posts here, posts that will be upifting in both tone and spirit.
3. This thread will be the thread to which all others aspire, it will be a shining beacon of light in an otherwise murky and often dismal world of on-line posting. Please and Thank-you will be the favoured words on this thread - foreigners please watch and learn from the English posters in the correct usage of these terms.
4. All posters are welcome, regardless of race, creed or colour (although in the name of tolerance there will definitely be NO Crazy Dutch ******* allowed. EVER).
5. While viewing or posting on this thread there will be no:
- Brazilian Peanut Brittle
Remember, we are doing this for the children, and besides, if I don't get any, I don't see why any of you lot should.
6. I trust that all who post here will take their responsibilities seriously and will uphold the values held dear by its founder.
Good morning warspite1 from the great state of Wyoming, city of Parusskistein.
Good afternoon parusski and to your fellow Wyomans, er Wyomingians er....Good afternoon parusski and to your fellow residents of that fine state of Wyoming. I trust that you and yours are all in fine fettle today?
Why yes warspite1, we are perky, full of vigor and buoyant today. How are the stupendous folks of Uttoxeter?
Splendid, splendid. Glad to hear all is well!
I am unsure how the ladies and gentlemen of Uttoxeter are doing as I have never been there. However, I am pleased to report that, nothwithstanding the less than delightful weather here in south London, the demenour of the populace generally appears most agreeable. That was certainly the impression I garnered on the various modes of public transportation that carried me from my place of work, back to the loving bosom of my family this evening.
Anyway, must dash.
22nd November 1944 - The British Pacific Fleet is born (temporary avatar changes to commemorate the ships and aircraft). HM Ships Formidable, Illustrious, Victorious