Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

All dogs in UK to get Micro chips

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> All dogs in UK to get Micro chips Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/6/2013 10:34:14 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Don't know if I like that....you know how governments are, they carry it to the next step...people...children...senior citzens....soldiers....prisoners.....and so on. Also to help track down dog owners, if their dog attacks someone. And it begins for all the right reasons....they think. They been in animals for awhile but now its going to be a law.

< Message edited by Titanwarrior89 -- 2/6/2013 10:39:44 PM >

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Post #: 1
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/6/2013 10:45:04 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Don't know if I like that....you know how governments are, they carry it to the next step...people...children...senior citzens....soldiers....prisoners.....and so on. Also to help track down dog owners, if their dog attacks someone. And it begins for all the right reasons....they think. They been in animals for awhile but now its going to be a law.

Annnnnd I bet this will be free...just like the new health care will be "free" in the US.

Bwahahahahahah.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 2
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/6/2013 10:58:23 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Good question, I don't know if it will be.
quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

Annnnnd I bet this will be free...just like the new health care will be "free" in the US.

Bwahahahahahah.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 3
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/6/2013 11:00:57 PM   
parusski

quote:

Good question, I don't know if it will be.
quote:

quote:

Bwahahahahahah.

I have used tracking collars for years on my two dogs. And it really paid off once, our German Shepard/Husky shocked us one day and ran off. He was gone for several hours but was tracked and found. He was so frightened he was shaking. Worth the money we spent.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

Post #: 4
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/6/2013 11:05:06 PM   
Sarge

From what I’ve seen here from a couple of the UK forum members I’m sure they’d be all for slapping bar codes on dogs, cats, humans ………….. for the children !

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 5
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/6/2013 11:20:49 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

From what I’ve seen here from a couple of the UK forum members I’m sure they’d be all for slapping bar codes on dogs, cats, humans ………….. for the children !

Well of course Sarge. Everything is for the children.

I wonder if using drones to kill people is for the children.

One thing I do know, stopping US postal delivery completely would be for the children, since that postal worker assaulted an 11 year old in South LA.

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 6
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/7/2013 7:37:54 PM   
Jevhaddah

MMm I think it's only in England.

Cheers

Jev

I am really quite mad yoo know!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 7
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/7/2013 7:39:09 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

Well of course Sarge. Everything is for the children.

I wonder if using drones to kill people is for the children.

One thing I do know, stopping US postal delivery completely would be for the children, since that postal worker assaulted an 11 year old in South LA.
warspite1

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 8
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/7/2013 8:10:25 PM   
Chickenboy

Horses have required ID chips since 2009 in the UK. It's only mandated in dogs now (still not in cats). I agree with the need for ID tags on your animals, but *mandating* 'chipping' (versus tagging) I'm not so sure about.

Most people here don't 'chip' their animals. Many don't have any other ID on them either, which is very risky for the dog (or the cat). Dog gets away from home, gets scared and bites someone out of fear? That dog will have its head examined (literally) for Rabies, unless you can provide proof of vaccination. It also mandates rabies prophylaxis for the affected people unless some proof of vaccination is provided.

So many people forget the personal responsibility assumed in animal ownership. I *wish* we didn't have to mandate personal responsibility (which will be flauted by many regardless), but sometimes it's necessary.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/7/2013 11:46:23 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Good point. Why do they chip horses?
quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Horses have required ID chips since 2009 in the UK. It's only mandated in dogs now (still not in cats). I agree with the need for ID tags on your animals, but *mandating* 'chipping' (versus tagging) I'm not so sure about.

Most people here don't 'chip' their animals. Many don't have any other ID on them either, which is very risky for the dog (or the cat). Dog gets away from home, gets scared and bites someone out of fear? That dog will have its head examined (literally) for Rabies, unless you can provide proof of vaccination. It also mandates rabies prophylaxis for the affected people unless some proof of vaccination is provided.

So many people forget the personal responsibility assumed in animal ownership. I *wish* we didn't have to mandate personal responsibility (which will be flauted by many regardless), but sometimes it's necessary.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/8/2013 1:05:07 AM   
Treale

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Cheers

Jev

When is your referendum vote coming up?

< Message edited by Treale -- 2/8/2013 1:06:12 AM >

Tony

(in reply to Jevhaddah)
Post #: 11
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/8/2013 2:56:08 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Titanwarrior89, I don't know for sure why they chip horses. I assume for identification purposes for lameness examination, post and pre-race certification / testing and so forth. So many sorrel horses look a lot alike an embedded chip is harder to fabricate would be my guess.

Post #: 12
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/8/2013 2:23:37 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Just wondering thanks.
quote:

quote:

quote:

Titanwarrior89, I don't know for sure why they chip horses. I assume for identification purposes for lameness examination, post and pre-race certification / testing and so forth. So many sorrel horses look a lot alike an embedded chip is harder to fabricate would be my guess.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 13
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/8/2013 3:59:02 PM   
Perturabo

Weren't chips found to increase risk of cancer in animals?

quote:

Don't know if I like that....you know how governments are, they carry it to the next step...people...children...senior citzens....soldiers....prisoners.....and so on.

I find the idea of chipping people and similar forced body modifications horrifying and abominable.

Without social solidarity manifested in the form of welfare state, people inhabiting one territory are a non-nation of mortal enemies engaged in competition for survival.

Post #: 14
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/8/2013 4:10:55 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

quote:

Don't know if I like that....you know how governments are, they carry it to the next step...people...children...senior citzens....soldiers....prisoners.....and so on.

I find the idea of chipping people and similar forced body modifications horrifying and abominable.

Yeah, and chips cause cancer in humans...if one eats 20 bags a day for 100 years.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 15
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/8/2013 4:50:41 PM   
Jevhaddah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treale

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Cheers

Jev

When is your referendum vote coming up?

It should be happening in 2014

Cheers

Jev

I am really quite mad yoo know!

(in reply to Treale)
Post #: 16
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/8/2013 4:59:37 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

No.

Forcible / mandatory chipping / ankle monitors / tattooing / piercing, etc. of people is to be discouraged.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 17
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/8/2013 11:02:13 PM   
Lützow

I'd never chip my dog and frankly don't even pay tax for her. Fortunately, this doesn't get strictly supervised in Germany.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 18
RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips - 2/8/2013 11:16:40 PM   
Sarge

quote:

iirc they use the “chip” to make sure there’s a identification match to the horses passport when crossing boarders, along with the other examples give.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> All dogs in UK to get Micro chips Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI