All dogs in UK to get Micro chips

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Titanwarrior89

All dogs in UK to get Micro chips

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Don't know if I like that....you know how governments are, they carry it to the next step...people...children...senior citzens....soldiers....prisoners.....and so on. Also to help track down dog owners, if their dog attacks someone. And it begins for all the right reasons....they think. They been in animals for awhile but now its going to be a law.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
parusski

RE: All dogs in UK to get Micro chips

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Don't know if I like that....you know how governments are, they carry it to the next step...people...children...senior citzens....soldiers....prisoners.....and so on. Also to help track down dog owners, if their dog attacks someone. And it begins for all the right reasons....they think. They been in animals for awhile but now its going to be a law.

Annnnnd I bet this will be free...just like the new health care will be "free" in the US.

Bwahahahahahah.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Good question, I don't know if it will be.
ORIGINAL: parusski

Annnnnd I bet this will be free...just like the new health care will be "free" in the US.

Bwahahahahahah.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

parusski

Post by parusski »

Good question, I don't know if it will be.

Bwahahahahahah.

I have used tracking collars for years on my two dogs. And it really paid off once, our German Shepard/Husky shocked us one day and ran off. He was gone for several hours but was tracked and found. He was so frightened he was shaking. Worth the money we spent.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

From what I’ve seen here from a couple of the UK forum members I’m sure they’d be all for slapping bar codes on dogs, cats, humans ………….. for the children !
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Sarge

From what I’ve seen here from a couple of the UK forum members I’m sure they’d be all for slapping bar codes on dogs, cats, humans ………….. for the children !

Well of course Sarge. Everything is for the children.

I wonder if using drones to kill people is for the children.

One thing I do know, stopping US postal delivery completely would be for the children, since that postal worker assaulted an 11 year old in South LA.
Jevhaddah

Post by Jevhaddah »

MMm I think it's only in England.

Cheers

Jev
I am really quite mad yoo know!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Sarge

Well of course Sarge. Everything is for the children.

I wonder if using drones to kill people is for the children.

One thing I do know, stopping US postal delivery completely would be for the children, since that postal worker assaulted an 11 year old in South LA.
warspite1

Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Horses have required ID chips since 2009 in the UK. It's only mandated in dogs now (still not in cats). I agree with the need for ID tags on your animals, but *mandating* 'chipping' (versus tagging) I'm not so sure about.

Most people here don't 'chip' their animals. Many don't have any other ID on them either, which is very risky for the dog (or the cat). Dog gets away from home, gets scared and bites someone out of fear? That dog will have its head examined (literally) for Rabies, unless you can provide proof of vaccination. It also mandates rabies prophylaxis for the affected people unless some proof of vaccination is provided.

So many people forget the personal responsibility assumed in animal ownership. [:-] I *wish* we didn't have to mandate personal responsibility (which will be flauted by many regardless), but sometimes it's necessary.
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Good point. Why do they chip horses?
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Horses have required ID chips since 2009 in the UK. It's only mandated in dogs now (still not in cats). I agree with the need for ID tags on your animals, but *mandating* 'chipping' (versus tagging) I'm not so sure about.

Most people here don't 'chip' their animals. Many don't have any other ID on them either, which is very risky for the dog (or the cat). Dog gets away from home, gets scared and bites someone out of fear? That dog will have its head examined (literally) for Rabies, unless you can provide proof of vaccination. It also mandates rabies prophylaxis for the affected people unless some proof of vaccination is provided.

So many people forget the personal responsibility assumed in animal ownership. [:-] I *wish* we didn't have to mandate personal responsibility (which will be flauted by many regardless), but sometimes it's necessary.

Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Cheers

Jev

When is your referendum vote coming up?
Tony
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Titanwarrior89, I don't know for sure why they chip horses. I assume for identification purposes for lameness examination, post and pre-race certification / testing and so forth. So many sorrel horses look a lot alike an embedded chip is harder to fabricate would be my guess.
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Just wondering thanks.

Titanwarrior89, I don't know for sure why they chip horses. I assume for identification purposes for lameness examination, post and pre-race certification / testing and so forth. So many sorrel horses look a lot alike an embedded chip is harder to fabricate would be my guess.

Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

Weren't chips found to increase risk of cancer in animals?

Don't know if I like that....you know how governments are, they carry it to the next step...people...children...senior citzens....soldiers....prisoners.....and so on.
I find the idea of chipping people and similar forced body modifications horrifying and abominable.
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

Don't know if I like that....you know how governments are, they carry it to the next step...people...children...senior citzens....soldiers....prisoners.....and so on.
I find the idea of chipping people and similar forced body modifications horrifying and abominable.

Yeah, and chips cause cancer in humans...if one eats 20 bags a day for 100 years.[:D]
Jevhaddah

Post by Jevhaddah »

ORIGINAL: Treale
ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Cheers

Jev

When is your referendum vote coming up?

It should be happening in 2014 [X(]

Cheers

Jev
I am really quite mad yoo know!
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

No.

Forcible / mandatory chipping / ankle monitors / tattooing / piercing, etc. of people is to be discouraged.
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

I'd never chip my dog and frankly don't even pay tax for her. Fortunately, this doesn't get strictly supervised in Germany. [:D]
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

iirc they use the “chip” to make sure there’s a identification match to the horses passport when crossing boarders, along with the other examples give.

Return to “General Discussion”