Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

wow - the manual....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> wow - the manual.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
wow - the manual.... - 2/6/2013 8:09:49 PM   
phoenix

So, I've been playing Panther games since the original RDOA, and only today did I seriously get round to reading the manual, (and the old strat guide - that I paid for, long ago). That might account for some of my stupider posts, of course.... Have to recommend reading the damn manual to everyone. I'm amazed what's in this game, continually amazed at how detailed, historical and ambitious the project is. I was looking at 'supply' just now. Wish I'd read it all about three years ago. It's a fantastic game, Dave, et al - really an achievement, as it is (warts? and all). I keep saying this, but there's no game like it in terms of what it seeks to do with the AI (friendly and enemy). Been playing it this long without a manual and now I discover, through the manual, that there's even more to it than I thought. Lol.
Post #: 1
RE: wow - the manual.... - 2/6/2013 8:25:35 PM   
dazkaz15

I have been reading the manual as I have been going along, watched, played and enjoyed the tutorial, and have to agree with you phoenix, its an awesome detailed game that with the dedication of someone like Dave, as I have seen his posts on here, can only get better with time.

The reason I bought this game is from reading the posts where he describes the work, he is putting into this game, and the communication he has with his "Fans?" ( To strong a word? I don't think so ;)

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 2
RE: wow - the manual.... - 2/6/2013 9:03:08 PM   
wodin

I still have the HTTR manual somewhere..and bought the HTTR guide aswell many moons ago..the HTTR manual is still helpful.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 3
RE: wow - the manual.... - 2/6/2013 10:59:38 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

ORIGINAL: phoenix

So, I've been playing Panther games since the original RDOA, and only today did I seriously get round to reading the manual, (and the old strat guide - that I paid for, long ago). That might account for some of my stupider posts, of course.... Have to recommend reading the damn manual to everyone. I'm amazed what's in this game, continually amazed at how detailed, historical and ambitious the project is. I was looking at 'supply' just now. Wish I'd read it all about three years ago. It's a fantastic game, Dave, et al - really an achievement, as it is (warts? and all). I keep saying this, but there's no game like it in terms of what it seeks to do with the AI (friendly and enemy). Been playing it this long without a manual and now I discover, through the manual, that there's even more to it than I thought. Lol.

...at least you admit it. ....seriously, the manuals are excellent and obviously there´s a whole lot of good work put into it by all contributors. There´s hardly a day tinkering with data for me, without rereading at least portions of the GM.

RockinHarry in the web:

http://www.myspace.com/rockinharryz
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockinharryz
https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 4
RE: wow - the manual.... - 2/7/2013 12:04:05 AM   
rfrizz

There has been a trend over the past 10-15 years in the quality of game manuals. That's a downward trend.

I was very impressed from the first glance. And then the details? Whew! We have a lot of good, well-written detailed stuff, and it contributes to the enjoyment of the game.

(in reply to RockinHarry)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> wow - the manual.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI