Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Now Here's a PT boat skipper ...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Now Here's a PT boat skipper ... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Now Here's a PT boat skipper ... - 2/6/2013 6:50:59 AM   
sanch

I created some PT boats, and then checked out the commanders. This one had a rear admiral, and not just any admiral! Obviously not qualified for PT boats, though ...
[image][/image]

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Now Here's a PT boat skipper ... - 2/6/2013 2:47:56 PM   
crsutton

Wait until you see Quinton McHale pop up as a PT task force commander.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to sanch)
Post #: 2
RE: Now Here's a PT boat skipper ... - 2/6/2013 3:09:37 PM   
Omat

Hello

Sadly it is adDatabase error. RADM Sprague, CA "Ziggy" is is treated as a Type "05-ship". So he will be not accessible if you replace him because of his rank. He should have the flag "04- Task Force".

RADM Sprague, Thomas L. has the same problem. He will never accessible.

The good part is, that only 14 admirals and generals have a wrong flag. But this will never corrected.

Omat

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another."
Anatole France

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 3
RE: Now Here's a PT boat skipper ... - 2/6/2013 5:10:14 PM   
Herrbear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omat

Hello

Sadly it is adDatabase error. RADM Sprague, CA "Ziggy" is is treated as a Type "05-ship". So he will be not accessible if you replace him because of his rank. He should have the flag "04- Task Force".

The good part is, that only 14 admirals and generals have a wrong flag. But this will never corrected.

Omat

Do you know which other ones have the same problem?

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 4
RE: Now Here's a PT boat skipper ... - 2/6/2013 5:45:22 PM   
Omat

Hello

Leader 14051 Sprague, Thomas L. He is a Radm but flaged as „05 - Ship“. Because that there are never Radm selctable for ship`s (highest Rang is Captain) and leader which are are flaged as „05 -ship“ could never selected as a Task force commander I suggest to re flaged him as a „04 – Task Force“.

The same problem for e.g. McMorris, Chas H.; Number 12359. In Scenario 28 he is Right now he is classified as "type: 05-ship". So if u remove him (maybe by accident) he seems not to be accessible because he has a rank of an Rear Admiral.

In WW2 McMorris was a ship Commander, Task force Commander and Chief of Staff of the Pacific Fleet.

There are also some Leader which have the same Problem
Number:

P.S. I did not look at the axis side.

I suggest simply to reflaged them all to type “04 - Task Force"

Maybe Leader 16376 Erskine should be reflaged as “02 – Large Ground Unit”

quote:

ORIGINAL: Herrbear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omat

Hello

The good part is, that some admirals and generals have a wrong flag. But this will never corrected.

Omat

Do you know which other ones have the same problem?

< Message edited by Omat -- 2/6/2013 5:46:16 PM >

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another."
Anatole France

(in reply to Herrbear)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Now Here's a PT boat skipper ... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI