Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Now Here's a PT boat skipper ...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Now Here's a PT boat skipper ... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Now Here's a PT boat skipper ... - 2/6/2013 6:50:59 AM   
sanch

I created some PT boats, and then checked out the commanders. This one had a rear admiral, and not just any admiral! Obviously not qualified for PT boats, though ...
[image][/image]

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Now Here's a PT boat skipper ... - 2/6/2013 2:47:56 PM   
crsutton

Wait until you see Quinton McHale pop up as a PT task force commander.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to sanch)
Post #: 2
RE: Now Here's a PT boat skipper ... - 2/6/2013 3:09:37 PM   
Omat

Hello

Sadly it is adDatabase error. RADM Sprague, CA "Ziggy" is is treated as a Type "05-ship". So he will be not accessible if you replace him because of his rank. He should have the flag "04- Task Force".

RADM Sprague, Thomas L. has the same problem. He will never accessible.

The good part is, that only 14 admirals and generals have a wrong flag. But this will never corrected.

Omat

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another."
Anatole France

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 3
RE: Now Here's a PT boat skipper ... - 2/6/2013 5:10:14 PM   
Herrbear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omat

Hello

Sadly it is adDatabase error. RADM Sprague, CA "Ziggy" is is treated as a Type "05-ship". So he will be not accessible if you replace him because of his rank. He should have the flag "04- Task Force".

The good part is, that only 14 admirals and generals have a wrong flag. But this will never corrected.

Omat

Do you know which other ones have the same problem?

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 4
RE: Now Here's a PT boat skipper ... - 2/6/2013 5:45:22 PM   
Omat

Hello

Leader 14051 Sprague, Thomas L. He is a Radm but flaged as „05 - Ship“. Because that there are never Radm selctable for ship`s (highest Rang is Captain) and leader which are are flaged as „05 -ship“ could never selected as a Task force commander I suggest to re flaged him as a „04 – Task Force“.

The same problem for e.g. McMorris, Chas H.; Number 12359. In Scenario 28 he is Right now he is classified as "type: 05-ship". So if u remove him (maybe by accident) he seems not to be accessible because he has a rank of an Rear Admiral.

In WW2 McMorris was a ship Commander, Task force Commander and Chief of Staff of the Pacific Fleet.

There are also some Leader which have the same Problem
Number:

P.S. I did not look at the axis side.

I suggest simply to reflaged them all to type “04 - Task Force"

Maybe Leader 16376 Erskine should be reflaged as “02 – Large Ground Unit”

quote:

ORIGINAL: Herrbear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omat

Hello

The good part is, that some admirals and generals have a wrong flag. But this will never corrected.

Omat

Do you know which other ones have the same problem?

< Message edited by Omat -- 2/6/2013 5:46:16 PM >

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another."
Anatole France

(in reply to Herrbear)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Now Here's a PT boat skipper ... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI