Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minimize captured fuel?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Minimize captured fuel? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minimize captured fuel? - 2/6/2013 2:58:24 AM   
guytipton41

Hi AFB types,

Reading AARs and looking forward to my next game, I was wondering. Are there any specific actions you take to minimize the amount of fuel captured by the advancing Japanese. In my game I loaded up every tanker and AK leaving the SRA. Had a bunch of engineers in Palenbang. Are there any other actions that are worthwhile?

Cheers,
Guy

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Minimize captured fuel? - 2/6/2013 3:32:48 AM   
gradenko_2000

Instead of putting engineers in Palembang, evacuate it completely and let the partisans damage it?

(in reply to guytipton41)
Post #: 2
RE: Minimize captured fuel? - 2/6/2013 3:51:41 AM   
Capt Hornblower

quote:

ORIGINAL: gradenko_2000
Instead of putting engineers in Palembang, evacuate it completely and let the partisans damage it?

This won't work if you're playing the AI-- the computer doesn't have to worry about garrisons, so there's no danger to the AI from partisans.

My suggestion: turn off your refineries. That makes the Japanese have to refine the oil to get the fuel.

(in reply to gradenko_2000)
Post #: 3
RE: Minimize captured fuel? - 2/6/2013 11:57:56 AM   
Gunner98

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Hornblower

quote:

This won't work if you're playing the AI-- the computer doesn't have to worry about garrisons, so there's no danger to the AI from partisans.

My suggestion: turn off your refineries. That makes the Japanese have to refine the oil to get the fuel.

The refineries will be damaged from between the time you evacuate and the time the Jap AI takes the place - you also take a VP hit I think, but its minimal.

I like the idea of truning off the reineries though.

B

(in reply to Capt Hornblower)
Post #: 4
RE: Minimize captured fuel? - 2/6/2013 5:32:14 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Hornblower

quote:

The refineries will be damaged from between the time you evacuate and the time the Jap AI takes the place - you also take a VP hit I think, but its minimal.

I like the idea of truning off the reineries though.

B

Turning off the refineries is the first thing I do when I begin doing orders in the SRA for allies on turn 1. You just don't need the fuel, and you don't need to give it to Japan.

On the other hand, fuel spoils and oil doesn't.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 5
RE: Minimize captured fuel? - 2/7/2013 2:42:45 AM   
pompack

Turning off the refineries makes no difference looking back from the perspective of 1945.

Unless the Japanese have some very strange die rolls, there will always be more refining capacity than oil production capacity even after you repair every oil center (if you can, the cost is awful and a fully damaged Palumbang will take most of the war to repair as in real life)

So if the Allies turn off the refineries before losing them to the Japanese it simply means that the Japanese refineries will start running short of oil to refine in 45 instead of 44.

Also note that this is the reason that (in most cases barring really strange die rolls) it is a waste of supply points to repair any refineries.

Also note that in Scen2 the Japanese will run out of supplies before they run out of fuel unless they expand factories; then they will run out of resources if they don't run out of fuel first, followed by running out of supplies anyway. All those extra Scen2 goodies cost more supply then you will have unless you are "lucky" enough to lose them early or your opponent is nice enough to let you sit without moving, flying or fighting for a couple of years.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 6
RE: Minimize captured fuel? - 2/7/2013 3:22:47 AM   
guytipton41

quote:

ORIGINAL: pompack

Turning off the refineries makes no difference looking back from the perspective of 1945.

Unless the Japanese have some very strange die rolls, there will always be more refining capacity than oil production capacity even after you repair every oil center (if you can, the cost is awful and a fully damaged Palumbang will take most of the war to repair as in real life)

So if the Allies turn off the refineries before losing them to the Japanese it simply means that the Japanese refineries will start running short of oil to refine in 45 instead of 44.

Also note that this is the reason that (in most cases barring really strange die rolls) it is a waste of supply points to repair any refineries.

Also note that in Scen2 the Japanese will run out of supplies before they run out of fuel unless they expand factories; then they will run out of resources if they don't run out of fuel first, followed by running out of supplies anyway. All those extra Scen2 goodies cost more supply then you will have unless you are "lucky" enough to lose them early or your opponent is nice enough to let you sit without moving, flying or fighting for a couple of years.

Wow,

That is some good stuff to know if I play Japan in my next PBEM. Thanx for the insight.

Cheers,
Guy

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 7
RE: Minimize captured fuel? - 2/7/2013 5:39:52 AM   
Lokasenna

Yeah, Scen 2 is very much a mixed bag. More early power, but you burn out sooner as well.

(in reply to guytipton41)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Minimize captured fuel? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI