Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Expansion Planner Idea

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Expansion Planner Idea Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Expansion Planner Idea - 2/5/2013 10:45:19 AM   
Darkspire

Using the insert view to layout mining bases in your own systems is a tad fiddly at best (insert, drag, zoom, click, click, insert, drag, zoom, click etc )
Early on I can use the Expansion planner but as you get further into the game it is not very efficient on the data sorting for the players systems (the green ones), would it be possible in the new expansion (or a patch) to add an extra filter in the planner, something along the lines of 'Your System Resource Locations' that only displays the unmined resources in the systems you have planets in (the green ones) so you can then assign constructors to build mining bases there? The filter 'Your Empire Resource Locations' just shows the ones you have got mines at or resources at planets and you cant click to construct on that view anyway, its the reverse of what I would like to be put in. At the moment on a 15x15 / 1400 it takes me about 10 minutes to work through the systems list to find my systems (did I mention there the ones in green?) and having to do that every time I get a new colony going to find the untapped resources is a nightmare. Adding one little filter would save oodles of time and I would imagine that it would also help to speed it up a bit later on in a game as it wouldn't have so much data to sort through, the 'Your Empire Resource Locations' filter display is no where near as slow as the other views for scrolling through and I have over 110 colonies at present.

Thanks

Darkspire

< Message edited by Darkspire -- 2/9/2013 7:37:30 PM >

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Expansion Planner Idea Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI