Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air drop help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Air drop help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air drop help - 2/4/2013 10:46:39 PM   
Belphegor

Can't do an air drop over enemy territory. Yes, aware of the new interface and method of performing the drop.
Yes, within range. Yes, can drop in own territory.

Anyone else having issues recently with airborne?
I have a save
Post #: 1
RE: Air drop help - 2/4/2013 11:56:20 PM   
Michael T

I know it seems to take a long time to process. Sometimes 20-30 Seconds. You need to wait that long before clicking something else that might halt the process.

'Deus le Volt!'
------------------

(in reply to Belphegor)
Post #: 2
RE: Air drop help - 2/5/2013 12:13:38 AM   
Belphegor

I get a popup, not a valid air-transport hex

but I know it's both in range and valid. And I can fly anywhere within flight range on my side of the line. The hex itself within 6 of the airfield, but can reach much further on friendly soil.

< Message edited by Belphegor -- 2/5/2013 12:16:32 AM >

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 3
RE: Air drop help - 2/5/2013 1:45:34 AM   
Michael T

I just did a test with 1.06.27 and it works fine.

The Airborne unit needs to have an Experience level of at least IIRC 40% or maybe 45%.

Also I am assuming you have enough Air Lift capacity.

And you must follow this process exactly

v1.06.11 - May 10, 2012
To airdrop a unit, now you must go to air transport mode and then left click on the hex containing the airbase and airborne unit.

Make sure the airborne unit(s) you wish to drop are selected in the unit bar.

Next, shift-left click on a hex near the airfield. This will cause the pick air units mission window to be displayed.

Close this window and you will now see the hexes where you may conduct an airdrop lit up, while those that are not possible will be displayed in.

Shift-left click on the hex you wish to drop the airborne unit and the pick air units mission window will appear.

'Deus le Volt!'
------------------

(in reply to Belphegor)
Post #: 4
RE: Air drop help - 2/5/2013 2:06:30 AM   
Seminole

quote:

I think that error means there is an enemy unit in the hex. Have you tried some heavy aerial recon to confirm the drop zone is empty?

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 5
RE: Air drop help - 2/5/2013 1:03:13 PM   
Belphegor

OK, thanks for that. Yes, I follow the process exactly, and do get to the pick mission window the second time through (actual allowed drop hex)... then when launching the error as above. Considering the drop can be done in friendly territory I assume the airborne is of sufficient quality as well.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael T

I just did a test with 1.06.27 and it works fine.

The Airborne unit needs to have an Experience level of at least IIRC 40% or maybe 45%.

Also I am assuming you have enough Air Lift capacity.

And you must follow this process exactly

v1.06.11 - May 10, 2012
To airdrop a unit, now you must go to air transport mode and then left click on the hex containing the airbase and airborne unit.

Make sure the airborne unit(s) you wish to drop are selected in the unit bar.

Next, shift-left click on a hex near the airfield. This will cause the pick air units mission window to be displayed.

Close this window and you will now see the hexes where you may conduct an airdrop lit up, while those that are not possible will be displayed in.

Shift-left click on the hex you wish to drop the airborne unit and the pick air units mission window will appear.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 6
RE: Air drop help - 2/5/2013 1:03:52 PM   
Belphegor

I did do a lot of recon, and it's a clear hex. Doesn't mean I didn't spot a unit. I will try again with other hexes.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Seminole

quote:

I think that error means there is an enemy unit in the hex. Have you tried some heavy aerial recon to confirm the drop zone is empty?

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 7
RE: Air drop help - 2/5/2013 10:16:37 PM   
Belphegor

indeed it seems to be (still can't spot the unit) units in the hexes I tried to drop in. hexes further away I could drop. Thanks all (and Seminole for the solution)

(in reply to Belphegor)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Air drop help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI