Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hex Troop limits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Hex Troop limits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hex Troop limits - 2/4/2013 10:01:51 PM   
dr.hal

In another thread it was brought to my attention that even a hex with nothing but hills or trees in it has a limit and that limit is displayed up on the banner across the top of the "board". I see it, but only partially as the number is covered up by three game play icons to the right. Thus if the next is limited to 55,000 I might see the first 5 and that's all, or the first two 5s. Is there anyway of getting the banner icons to move of be removed (as I recall one is for the credits, but I forget the other two, but as I recall they are not immediately relevant to play)? Thanks in advance. Hal
Post #: 1
RE: Hex Troop limits - 2/9/2013 4:12:07 AM   
michaelm

<deleted as answered own question>

< Message edited by michaelm -- 2/9/2013 4:51:37 AM >

Michael

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 2
RE: Hex Troop limits - 2/9/2013 4:51:17 AM   
michaelm

Ah. Using minimum screen size, yes it will be displayed over the top of the icons in the upper right corner. Most people probably haven't noticed is as they use bigger screen displays (px/py options) to enlarge the map area.
Sorry, there isn't really anything that can be done as that ribbon is fairly full and the present location was the best compromise.

Michael

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 3
RE: Hex Troop limits - 2/9/2013 8:02:32 AM   
Disco Duck

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Ah. Using minimum screen size, yes it will be displayed over the top of the icons in the upper right corner. Most people probably haven't noticed is as they use bigger screen displays (px/py options) to enlarge the map area.
Sorry, there isn't really anything that can be done as that ribbon is fairly full and the present location was the best compromise.

Michael,
I am running full screen with a monitor running 1680x1050 resolution. I have the same problem. I hadn't noticed it before because I haven't found any non base hexes with the limitation. Now that I look for it I see it on small bases like Johnston Island but the base screen has the information anyway.

I am running the latest beta from February third.

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 4
RE: Hex Troop limits - 2/9/2013 8:20:02 AM   
michaelm

This is my screen (1200 x 768) in window mode. The any SL shows in same stop regardless if base present.
If my screen setting is 1024 (default value) across the top, I get the overlapping issue.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by michaelm -- 2/10/2013 4:33:51 AM >

Michael

(in reply to Disco Duck)
Post #: 5
RE: Hex Troop limits - 2/9/2013 6:02:47 PM   
PaxMondo

And if you are 1800x1200* there is a BIG separation. 

* Us elders need larger screens. 

Pax

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Hex Troop limits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI