Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newb needs help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Newb needs help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newb needs help - 2/4/2013 10:37:48 AM   
Hurrying Heinz

going to try classic using 1.8 but the e- manual seems a little lite on. i get the general guist but could someone explain how the the extra command buttons function ie stall etc. Also adding extra aps to next turn initiative ?
any other tips would be appreciated.

thanx in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Newb needs help - 2/4/2013 11:10:19 AM   
chemkid

a good place to start is the academy-games.com webpage and to check the download section for CoH.
there's an manual for their 2nd edition - check it out!

i'm a beginner myself - the 2nd edition rules helped me a lot with the classic-aps mode.

cheers!
chem!

(in reply to Hurrying Heinz)
Post #: 2
RE: Newb needs help - 2/4/2013 2:56:39 PM   
VR_IronFist

Hi Heinz, I agree 100% with chemkid; there is no substitute for reading the PDF of of the board game rules to get the lowdown on Classic APs. Initially you only need to read Section 1 (which is a few pages) and that'll give you most of what you need to understand the flow of the game. Then read further as needed/wanted.

Here's a brief rundown I wrote for another poster giving a very brief description of the Classic AP turn options and a comparison of doing something in Classic APs versus Persistent APs: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3237156

It is no means a substitute to reading the rules but might help.

Classic APs might take a little more effort to get the hang of, but in my opinion the effort is worth it. Good luck.

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 3
RE: Newb needs help - 2/4/2013 8:18:09 PM   
Hurrying Heinz

thanks gents . I actually found your thread VR which was prettty much all i needed. classic is definiteley the way to go !!

(in reply to VR_IronFist)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Newb needs help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI