Matrix Games Forums

Hannibal: Terror of Rome goes into BetaBattle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and Salute
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BoB Strafing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> BoB Strafing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BoB Strafing - 2/3/2013 4:22:07 AM   
StoneAge

Is their something a little off with strafing in BoB, just lost 50+ planes with 25 pilots KIA and another 25 WIA to the loss of about 5 of his.

To counter this Hornchurch has:
18 x lewis
2 x 2 pounder pom-pom
40 x 40mm bofors
25 x 3 inch heavy
1 x 3.7 inch heavy
7 x 4.5 inch naval
5 x Barrage Baloon

When ever a bombing raid trys to hit Hornchurch it normally losses about ten planes and my loss maybe 5 planes. along comes a sqaudron of fighter and totally wipe out anything sitting on the ground. Even when the sqaudrons are flying the strafe comes in and destroys anything sitting in maintenance.

also a plane destroyed on the ground seems to have a very high change of the pilot being killed.
Post #: 1
RE: BoB Strafing - 2/3/2013 7:43:29 PM   
CarnageINC

Strafing has always been off IMO. Its just a querk we all have to put up with . I have no idea if its being addressed in Harley's new patch or not.

(in reply to StoneAge)
Post #: 2
RE: BoB Strafing - 2/5/2013 6:35:43 AM   
JeffK

While straffing losses have always been on the high side, that is a pretty good AAA set up for Hornchurch

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 3
RE: BoB Strafing - 2/11/2013 5:19:30 AM   
StoneAge

tried for a bit of ever thing mainly down low. took a lot of AA cost to get all the close airfields up to these numbers.

lost the game on day 29 of 31, thought I could hold out.

shall play him again with only 1 change me german and I will only use the low attack fights for strate.

(in reply to JeffK)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> BoB Strafing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI