Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wow I really suck at this game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Wow I really suck at this game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wow I really suck at this game - 2/2/2013 7:03:44 PM   
towerbooks3192

Managed to recall the basics while playing around and watching Das24680's videos. I realised I am not good at this game. I am not sure if I really suck at it or I am just unlucky. I tried a couple of games as a human and the latest one I got that I feel is going well, I found some silvermist in the ruins!!

I really need some advice on:
Ship/Base design
Managing Income
Grouping fleets and assigning defenders (I hate having 1 uber fleet running around or splitting a fleet that is not enough to defend)
Research Priority (I tried getting missiles ASAP and tried refitting my frigates into missile frigates)

I really need help in those areas and some advice would be welcome!
Post #: 1
RE: Wow I really suck at this game - 2/3/2013 1:28:14 AM   
tjhkkr

I am not the one to give you advice. We all have different methods. You may want to check the WAR ROOM
Different people have different thoughts and they work based on the designs they used.

I spent a lot of time building an economy and my fleets are very limited in the beginning of the game... that they are as strong as they are is because of the vast piracy I fight off...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to towerbooks3192)
Post #: 2
RE: Wow I really suck at this game - 2/3/2013 2:41:00 AM   
HectorOfTroy

I never build heaps of mining, gas, resort stations. Just enough to cover my needs and that way I don't pay huge maintenance costs.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 3
RE: Wow I really suck at this game - 2/3/2013 7:32:02 AM   
starbuck310

I have left all that on auto - tinker with polices because the ai is better than me :-) but this allows me to manage the wars
I dont auto fleet, I make a few fleets

(in reply to HectorOfTroy)
Post #: 4
RE: Wow I really suck at this game - 2/3/2013 1:45:42 PM   
towerbooks3192

I had this game today where I though area weapons were the planetary bombardments so I stuffed area weapons on 5 cruisers and attacked but it ended up killing eachother and all my other ships. Other than that I managed to reload and researched bombards and managed to do a successful invasion. I was really frustrated when I could successfully destroy all defenses but my troops aren't enough to kill the defending troops.

I think I made good progress so far. I just feel uncomfortable about how space is so...free. I mean I am not bound by maps like other strategy games and its a bit tricky to determine which are my frontlines and which are the ones I have to defend.

(in reply to starbuck310)
Post #: 5
RE: Wow I really suck at this game - 2/3/2013 2:28:50 PM   
Arcatus

Get long range scanner - as soon as you can. That will help you spot incoming fleets and give you some time to react.

Post #: 6
RE: Wow I really suck at this game - 2/3/2013 3:34:50 PM   
unclean

quote:

ORIGINAL: towerbooks3192
I think I made good progress so far. I just feel uncomfortable about how space is so...free. I mean I am not bound by maps like other strategy games and its a bit tricky to determine which are my frontlines and which are the ones I have to defend.

Yeah, I like playing on Clusters or Ring maps for that reason.

Tossing an advanced empire in the middle of the ring sometimes is good fun too.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Wow I really suck at this game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI