Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Case Blue Don Waltz - Bonners (axis) vs Olivier

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> After Action Reports >> RE: Case Blue Don Waltz - Bonners (axis) vs Olivier Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Case Blue Don Waltz - Bonners (axis) vs Olivier - 3/8/2013 10:57:22 AM   
Isokron

As I remember it you left the easternmost square of Rostov weak after a failed counterattack so I was able to get the roadbridge there. Also I had the whole railline going south from Voronoshilovgrad(sp?) so supply wasn't a problem.

(in reply to Bonners)
Post #: 121
RE: Case Blue Don Waltz - Bonners (axis) vs Olivier - 3/8/2013 11:32:49 AM   
Bonners

quote:

ORIGINAL: Isokron

As I remember it you left the easternmost square of Rostov weak after a failed counterattack so I was able to get the roadbridge there. Also I had the whole railline going south from Voronoshilovgrad(sp?) so supply wasn't a problem.

Ahh right, didnt realise you'd already sorted supply for them. Against a vaguely competent Soviet player you are going to struggle to do that though and the crossing would have to be made further along the river?

(in reply to Isokron)
Post #: 122
RE: Case Blue Don Waltz - Bonners (axis) vs Olivier - 3/8/2013 5:08:07 PM   
Bismarck2761

On taking cities:

I've tried the following. Fire each artillery separately (each attack reduces entrenchment some) rather than together. Then do "waves" of combat (2-3 units at at time; for same reason re: readyness; entrenchment levels) and be willing to exceed stacking limit. This can work, albeit at terrifying cost.

(in reply to Bonners)
Post #: 123
RE: Case Blue Don Waltz - Bonners (axis) vs Olivier - 3/24/2013 9:38:41 PM   
Hugolin

Great AAR. Very informative. This is a rather complex game since not all mechanics are revealed, so it helps to read extensive AAR like this one to develop a feel for the units' capacities. Thanks!

About: "the bridge bombing bug" that Liquidsky mentioned, what is it?

(in reply to Bismarck2761)
Post #: 124
RE: Case Blue Don Waltz - Bonners (axis) vs Olivier - 3/25/2013 1:47:25 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hugolin

About: "the bridge bombing bug" that Liquidsky mentioned, what is it?

It was a bug where destroying bridges by air attack was to easy, this is already fixed in the latest DC version though.

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to Hugolin)
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> After Action Reports >> RE: Case Blue Don Waltz - Bonners (axis) vs Olivier Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI