Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval Time and Distance Penalties.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Naval Time and Distance Penalties. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval Time and Distance Penalties. - 2/1/2013 10:52:21 AM   
Rasputitsa

When fleets are within a distance from port where detection and hitting penalties do not apply (1, or 2 sea zones, depending on the nation involved), would it help if the 'on sea' count in the fleets management window did not increase. The fleet is not incurring any penalty, so the time at sea is not relevant, only when the fleet distance from port increases and a countdown to the start of penalties begins, should the 'on sea' count be started.

Fleets operating close to ports can easily detach ships into port to re-arm and refuel, they are not going to suffer any penalties and there is no need for the 'on sea' count. Only when they move out of easy range from ports do we need to know how long they have been at sea and have to pay attention to that part of the display.

For example, a fleet that has been at sea for 50 turns, but has stayed within distance 1, or 2 of friendly ports does not have any penalties to worry about and the 'on sea' count can stay at 0 to show that this fleet is OK. A regular fleet that has spent nearly 10 turns at sea (20 for raiders), whilst further away from friendly ports, will soon need attention and the increasing 'on sea' count will highlight this.

Doomtrader is this possible ?

"We have to go from where we are, not from where we would like to be" - me
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Naval Time and Distance Penalties. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI