quote:I'd second this. As it is, it's a large enough system to deal with for one person. Where folks are proposing it go in TOAW IV is even more ambitious.
Couldn't someone cover for Ralph while things improve for him? The person maybe just get some advice when needed from Ralph whilst working on it?
Just a thought, it will keep things moving though maybe slowly until Ralph is upto coming back full time so to speak.
Otherwise things will stagnate a bit and I think it's going to be hard to give a time scale for when he feels up to it. SO at some point a decision will have to be made and I think if someone is covering to some degree it's less pressure on Ralph to get back to it.
Having someone else on board to sort out a few critical 3.5(?) bug fixes might be useful to all:
1) Ralph has back up, and vice versa for the new person(s)
2) In fixing a few 'show stopper' bugs, the new person(s) will gain familiarity with TOAW, hopefully with pointers from Ralph
3) The 'knowledge base' concerning TOAW code is more 'shared'
4) Ideas can be bounced around intra-programming team
5) There's just less pressure on the one single person, currently Ralph, who, though I don't know, perhaps needs none at all at the moment
I wish Ralph all the best, and hope he's back with us as soon as he's able.
< Message edited by General Staff -- 2/8/2013 4:59:09 PM >
Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
(J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)