Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Isolated factories deliver tanks ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Isolated factories deliver tanks ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Isolated factories deliver tanks ? - 1/31/2013 2:42:27 PM   
Balou

Factories in isolated cities (example KV-1/Leningrad)

What happens to manpower and the various industries in isolated cities ? Are they treated in different manners ?
Example Leningrad, isolated in t12 (testgame Axis vs AI): Soviet production screen in t15 says “manpower 90% damage”, but “KV-1 factory zero damage”. Since the other KV-1 factory in Chelyabinsk obviously is’nt online yet (“capacity 0” in t15) I wonder where the KV-1 in all the units equipped with KV-1 are coming from, delivered to units that are spread all over the map. In other words: can an undamaged factory in an isolated city be of any use to the pool ? Common sense would suggest no as far as units outside the bag are concerned. However and as can be seen from the insert I see full production of KV-1 in an isolated city (ok with me) that still feeds tank units at distant locations (not ok). Is someone out there whith an explanation ?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Isolated factories deliver tanks ? - 1/31/2013 8:43:33 PM   
Balou

To make myself clear and just in case people ask what the hell is this guy talking about: how do the Reds manage to send (fly ?) tons of tanks out of Leningrad ?

(in reply to Balou)
Post #: 2
RE: Isolated factories deliver tanks ? - 2/1/2013 9:31:31 AM   
Helpless

In WITE only manpower production is checked across the city isolation. It was changed in WITW, but fix is complex enough not to be immediately introduced in WITE.

Edit: In WITE, production in isolated city is limited by available local supplies/resources, which shouldn't flow in. Eventually it should ran out of them.

< Message edited by Helpless -- 2/1/2013 9:32:54 AM >

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to Balou)
Post #: 3
RE: Isolated factories deliver tanks ? - 2/1/2013 1:05:46 PM   
Balou

Thanks.

However its hard to see those soviet KV-1 tanks from totally encircled Leningrad, hence its isolated factory, beeing transfered turn after turn to soviet tank units outside the bag until the city/factory has finally been taken. I would'nt have a problem seeing tank units inside the bag receiving reinforcements, as it happened IRL, but the way it's actually handled in WitE is Black Magic.

< Message edited by Balou -- 2/5/2013 6:02:52 PM >

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Isolated factories deliver tanks ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI