Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need a refresher course and questions on when is the release date for the expansion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Need a refresher course and questions on when is the release date for the expansion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need a refresher course and questions on when is the re... - 1/31/2013 8:49:10 AM   
towerbooks3192

Funny story is that I have heard about DW, bough it off here, played it a little bit then ended up becoming a war gamer after browsing matrix and buying a couple of games here.

I was wondering what is a good refresher course just to let me remember the basics ( I think I grasped what I think was the basics of the game back then) and when the next expansion is coming out (estimated time would be great)?

I have some money left and I just want to make sure I am ready for the expansion or else if it comes out at a later date then I would spend my money on Commander: The great war
Post #: 1
RE: Need a refresher course and questions on when is th... - 1/31/2013 2:10:08 PM   
StarLab

Although a few versions old (1.7.0.10) Das's "Let's Play" videos are quite good at explaining things...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WNB5YqVCtE

I think that series covers most of the basics.

As far as I know, there is no official release date for the Shadows expansion yet.

Have fun!

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series:
New Universe LP
Collaborative LP

(in reply to towerbooks3192)
Post #: 2
RE: Need a refresher course and questions on when is th... - 1/31/2013 2:31:22 PM   
towerbooks3192

quote:

ORIGINAL: StarLab

Although a few versions old (1.7.0.10) Das's "Let's Play" videos are quite good at explaining things...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WNB5YqVCtE

I think that series covers most of the basics.

As far as I know, there is no official release date for the Shadows expansion yet.

Have fun!

Thanks, so is it safe to say that it would not come out in a month or two? I was worried about my gaming budget and my mum loaned me some money and its a limited time offer and I have to spend it ASAP so that is why I was just making sure its not due on february in case I missed something since I haven't been here in quite awhile

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 3
RE: Need a refresher course and questions on when is th... - 1/31/2013 3:18:32 PM   
StarLab

quote:

ORIGINAL: towerbooks3192

Thanks, so is it safe to say that it would not come out in a month or two? I was worried about my gaming budget and my mum loaned me some money and its a limited time offer and I have to spend it ASAP so that is why I was just making sure its not due on february in case I missed something since I haven't been here in quite awhile

I have absolutely no idea and wouldn't even want to offer an estimate. Perhaps someone else might be able to narrow that down for you.

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series:
New Universe LP
Collaborative LP

Post #: 4
RE: Need a refresher course and questions on when is th... - 2/1/2013 12:28:57 PM   
martok

Matrix is known for not announcing release dates until only a week or two before said date, so it's possible we'll still see Shadows come out in February.

Personally, I doubt this will happen -- I suspect a release in March or even April is more likely -- but it's too soon to rule out the possibility just yet.

< Message edited by martok -- 2/1/2013 12:29:35 PM >

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 5
RE: Need a refresher course and questions on when is th... - 2/1/2013 12:56:47 PM   
towerbooks3192

quote:

ORIGINAL: martok

Matrix is known for not announcing release dates until only a week or two before said date, so it's possible we'll still see Shadows come out in February.

Personally, I doubt this will happen -- I suspect a release in March or even April is more likely -- but it's too soon to rule out the possibility just yet.

Ok, now you are scaring me. Well if it doesn't cost more than $50 then I won't mind it getting release middle or late February. anyway thanks!

I am unfamiliar with how matrix announce there games but I think they really do announce it late unless its something really big like a new upcoming war game.

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 6
RE: Need a refresher course and questions on when is th... - 2/1/2013 2:44:50 PM   
Spacecadet

quote:

ORIGINAL: towerbooks3192

quote:

ORIGINAL: martok

Ok, now you are scaring me. Well if it doesn't cost more than $50 then I won't mind it getting release middle or late February. anyway thanks!

I am unfamiliar with how matrix announce there games but I think they really do announce it late unless its something really big like a new upcoming war game.

You didn't state it, but keep in mind you need all the other Expansions to play Shadows.

If you just have the original installment of DW, then Shakturi is going to give you a lot different experience in gameplay an User Interface (major changes).

Legends adds even more changes and enhancements, so if all you have is the original you have a lot of new material ahead of you if you're going for Shadows

CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
Res: 1920 x 1200

Post #: 7
RE: Need a refresher course and questions on when is th... - 2/2/2013 1:03:49 PM   
towerbooks3192

I have everything so I only have to prepare for shadows. Well, like I said, if its under $50 then I won't have a problem even if it will be released in a week or two

(in reply to Spacecadet)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Need a refresher course and questions on when is the release date for the expansion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI