Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dave about routing..again

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Dave about routing..again Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dave about routing..again - 1/31/2013 12:06:45 AM   
wodin

I think it's much improved since BFTB was released.

I just wondered did you lower the threshold with regards to routing? So they would retreat instead of rout as you mentioned in a reply (post No 9)
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3244789&mpage=1&key=

If you did I think it can be tweaked some more, I'm still getting Tank platoons that start with 11 tanks routing after losing 1 tank. I can understand a retreat if alot of firepower was coming their way but not a rout. If you didn't thats why I'm not seeing much different. I do feel it would make a huge difference and lessen the players concerns about routing units if it happened less and the units retreated instead.

Also as mentioned by RH units at times don't seem to know where their friendly lines are (I can imagine this being a real pain in this game as there aren't any front lines as such in game with it being a very fluid game with no real continuous front line in most scenarios).

Thanks..apart from that a good patch. Just played Pattons Finest..and played awful..with a minor defeat (I was to slow off the blocks..then rushed it towards the end, though something that can be confusing is why units don't exit off the map even when close but enemy units are nearby..it seems they always come to standstill and wont push on that extra bit to exit I had alot of units with 500m or so off the exit for a fair few hours but the just seemed to stay put and wanted to fight rather than push on and out)

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

Post #: 1
RE: Dave about routing..again - 1/31/2013 1:24:17 AM   
navwarcol

Hey Jason!
And yes, I notice a lot of easily routing units as well...but in the editor if I crank up their stats, they are much, MUCH better...does this imply that routing is mostly an issue of the morale/leadership/determination 'stats'? From what I am seeing, tweaking these is making a huge difference, with some units down to around 15% original, and still not routing. If this is the case Dave, is there any guideline for what would be normal in these? For the most part I would think routing should be very rare unless the unit is just being hammered non stop.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Dave about routing..again - 1/31/2013 12:24:06 PM   
Arjuna

Units only rout if they fail a morale check. Raising their stats is one option but I don't think that's the right approach. Better IMO to try an tweak the algorythm that determines current morale. Once I'm finished with the formations and a few other issues I will review this again.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 3
RE: Dave about routing..again - 1/31/2013 1:17:06 PM   
wodin

Dave..OK great. Yeah I think abit of tweaking will get the desired result. As I said I'm sure we'd all be happy if a unit retreats more and routs less.

Thanks mate. Looking forward to seeing the new formation code finished and how the tweaking works out.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Dave about routing..again Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI